The reason why Rush will come to Europe as well

YYZumbi

It is just to few shows for a real tour...

I could only go back to Roll The Bones Tour on Wikipedia, but the minimum of shows Rush have had during a tour since Roll The Bones Tour was 55 shows, and that was during Counterparts Tour.

And then they had:

(103 shows during Roll The Bones Tour)

(55 shows during Counterparts Tour)

68 shows during Test For Echo Tour

66 shows during Vapor Trails Tours

58 shows during R30 Tour

114 shows during Snakes & Arrows Tour

81 shows during Time Machine Tour

72 shows during Clockwork Angels Tour (62 in North America, 10 in Europe)

And now it is 35 tour dates on Rush website during R40 Tour. But it have to be more dates! They can not go from 72 shows to 35 shows! Especially when it is a anniversary tour!

So I say... they will come to Europe! They can not end it like this!

Edited by YYZumbi

Who says they can't go from doing 72 shows last tour to only 35 on this one? Anniversary tour or not, if that's what they want to do, then that's what's happening. Zumbi, are you aware of the physical ailments Neil and Alex are suffering from now? There's a very good chance that is what will prevent them from coming to Europe. The sooner you realize there's a strong possibility they're not touring there, the less disappointed you'll be when it doesn't happen. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

Top of that.......Neil is just done it seems.

Ged's a grandpa now as well.

Mick

I think Alex is as well

yea.......if i had grandkids. as soon as the last note on the final show was played. i'd be out the door quicker then anything.

Mick

• Like 2

Not gonna happen.

After the last show at the Forum in LA, we won't be hearing from them again for a good while. And when/if we do, it won't be for another leg or another tour.

Not gonna happen.

After the last show at the Forum in LA, we won't be hearing from them again for a good while. And when/if we do, it won't be for another leg or another tour.

I bet they put out another album in a few years, maybe a few videos and even a show or five, but that's even a reach. They'll still create, but it will probably be stationary.

Not gonna happen.

I bet they put out another album in a few years, maybe a few videos and even a show or five, but that's even a reach. They'll still create, but it will probably be stationary.

That's prob best case scenario, yeah.

Geddy and Alex def still have some creative motive.

But I really think Neil is ready to call it a day. Has been achingly close for years. Alex was ready too. This R40 thing was rallied by Master Lee. The other two were more than happy to retire quietly. :)

Edited by Bard
  • Like 1

Not gonna happen.

But I really think Neil is ready to call it a day. Has been achingly close for years. Alex was ready too. This R40 thing was rallied by Master Lee. The other two were more than happy to retire quietly. :)

This is actually the most optimistic retirement related comment from VS! The boys must be enjoying R40!

They really have earned it, as sad as it is. And to go out on top. Awesome!

Alex must really be hurting. I recall two years ago he seemed gung-ho about continuing forever. Then in the last year or so, he started commenting that he was really looking forward to slowing down. Al looks great on this tour, but I really notice a difference with him on R40 as compared to the recent DVDs. Neil also, but to a smaller extent. They are still awesome!

Not gonna happen.

This is actually the most optimistic retirement related comment from VS! The boys must be enjoying R40!

They really have earned it, as sad as it is. And to go out on top. Awesome!

Alex must really be hurting. I recall two years ago he seemed gung-ho about continuing forever. Then in the last year or so, he started commenting that he was really looking forward to slowing down. Al looks great on this tour, but I really notice a difference with him on R40 as compared to the recent DVDs. Neil also, but to a smaller extent. They are still awesome!

AL sounded great at the St louis Show but before that was really on/off. Poor guy. He should slow down.

Mick

It's not pessimism.

It's simple realism.

Rock stars age.

Neil and Alex are playing in pain.

There's no getting around that.

It's all good if they hang it up after this short tour.

We have gotten far more than we should've expected.

Most outfits would've hung it up after Neil's experiences in the late 90s.

Everything since? Bonus material and touring.

Be grateful.

Don't whine. :)

• Like 1

I only can say one thing. The LA show won't be the last in this tour.

Yes. It will.

As I said, I can´t say much more in this moment about this.

But we can do a list with the members say "not Europe" and with the members say "Europe yes" and we will see.

Europe before 2017 is a long shot, practically nil. During and after 2017, still a long shot.

And if they do, I would expect they will not travel city to city. They told us they are done as a touring band :(. At most 4-5 shows in London. So at best European fans outside the UK would have to fly to see them.

I'd be happy to be wrong, believe me. :)

But I don't think I am.

I neither think that I am wrong. :D

Alex and Neil are playing under physical discomfort. That's only getting worse EACH TIME THEY PLAY.

The truth is, they SHOULD retire. They're more lauded and legendary than they've ever been at this point. And there's no need to satisfy global fan interest under consequences of further pain and long term disability. If you're a fan who's outta range, that sucks, I feel for ya, and if they'd decided to do a Canada-only run or a Europe run or a South American run and skip the states, I'd be lamenting that missed last tour myself.

BUT...I'd understand it.

It's a decent time to go out on top. And give the boys a well needed and well earned rest and retirement.

Edited by Bard
  • Like 3

Much as I would love them to come to Europe again, I don't think it's going to happen.

I'd be happy to be wrong, believe me. :)

But I don't think I am.

I neither think that I am wrong. :D

Alex and Neil are playing under physical discomfort. That's only getting worse EACH TIME THEY PLAY.

The truth is, they SHOULD retire. They're more lauded and legendary than they've ever been at this point. And there's no need to satisfy global fan interest under consequences of further pain and long term disability. If you're a fan who's outta range, that sucks, I feel for ya, and if they'd decided to do a Canada-only run or a Europe run or a South American run and skip the states, I'd be lamenting that missed last tour myself.

BUT...I'd understand it.

It's a decent time to go out on top. And give the boys a well needed and well earned rest and retirement.

Well, you said yourself "rumor crap". :D

Obviously (and sadly) all the rumours we can have it is for something we have heard o for something that someone tell us.

I also "know a guy". It is a guy who already guessed when the USA dates will be revealed. And now he said that in a few weeks the European dates CAN be announced. So he seems a good source to me. (Because I really want to believe hahaha). :)

Then, there is another source, that I can´t reveal yet, who make me think that European dates will be confirmed.

But, obviously, that all can be go down if there any problem with the health of any members of the band. :(

I´d have liked to go to the USA to see any show, and I had the money ready but...whoua!!! So much expensive the tickets there!! And then it is the problem with the seats and the row for any shows in the USA...but this is another subject...hahahaha. :D

For now, I desire that all go alright with this leg and after...we will see. Finger cross, of course. :D