Jump to content


Official Fifth Night Setlist SPOILER Thread: Austin, TX - May 16th


1053 replies to this topic

#1041 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53807 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

View Postsatchmothesnowdog, on 17 May 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 17 May 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

View Postoldirtymike420, on 17 May 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

View Postsatchmothesnowdog, on 17 May 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

I don't get the obsession people have with what others do at shows. Who gives a shit if people sit down and enjoy the music for christ's sake?  Dancing around doesn't prove your Rush street cred any more than having a Big old Red Star tramp stamp.

Enjoy the show how you want and that's it. It's not a contest

When they sat down they couldn't see anything. Just listening. It didn't affect me enjoying the show but it's weird to buy 6th row tickets and sit down during half the show where you can't see anything. When I see that it just makes me think there is someone who would enjoy that seat more. They didn't seem like hardcore rush fans but just knew the hits.
Sitting row 6 seems weird.  But when you're older, who knows.
We.saw the moody blues recently and for the most part, everyone sat the entire time. Occasionally someone got up on their walker and started to dance a bit, but still, the crowd was totally into it. I remember sitting in the lawn for some of the monsters of rock.shows and having a headbanging good time on my ass. I still go see shows in the lawn and now due to some injuries I can't stand on uneven surfaces. Half the crowd sits, half stands. Knock yourselves out :) I'm going to stay all comfy with my beer and painkillers. The one thing I really can't abide by is people standing on their seats. It just forces everyone to do the same and that's crap. But I have some serious body pain and I'll sit down for some shitty songs from bands if the entire crowd is standing, but I've never planted my ass at a rush show save once, when they played The Garden. But there, most of the main floor sat down for that, so it was a nice break.
Really, don't get me wrong. I'm a Chicago club rat who.spent his 20s following around ministry, Naked Raygun, then two upstart bands in Stabbing westward and Smashing pumpkins. I stood, got slammed into, slammed back and loved every second of it.
The good old days!

Sponsored Post

#1042 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6471 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

    Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:15 PM

View Postsatchmothesnowdog, on 17 May 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 17 May 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

View Postoldirtymike420, on 17 May 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

View Postsatchmothesnowdog, on 17 May 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

I don't get the obsession people have with what others do at shows. Who gives a shit if people sit down and enjoy the music for christ's sake?  Dancing around doesn't prove your Rush street cred any more than having a Big old Red Star tramp stamp.

Enjoy the show how you want and that's it. It's not a contest

When they sat down they couldn't see anything. Just listening. It didn't affect me enjoying the show but it's weird to buy 6th row tickets and sit down during half the show where you can't see anything. When I see that it just makes me think there is someone who would enjoy that seat more. They didn't seem like hardcore rush fans but just knew the hits.
Sitting row 6 seems weird.  But when you're older, who knows.
We.saw the moody blues recently and for the most part, everyone sat the entire time. Occasionally someone got up on their walker and started to dance a bit, but still, the crowd was totally into it. I remember sitting in the lawn for some of the monsters of rock.shows and having a headbanging good time on my ass. I still go see shows in the lawn and now due to some injuries I can't stand on uneven surfaces. Half the crowd sits, half stands. Knock yourselves out :) I'm going to stay all comfy with my beer and painkillers. The one thing I really can't abide by is people standing on their seats. It just forces everyone to do the same and that's crap. But I have some serious body pain and I'll sit down for some shitty songs from bands if the entire crowd is standing, but I've never planted my ass at a rush show save once, when they played The Garden. But there, most of the main floor sat down for that, so it was a nice break.
Really, don't get me wrong. I'm a Chicago club rat who.spent his 20s following around ministry, Naked Raygun, then two upstart bands in Stabbing westward and Smashing pumpkins. I stood, got slammed into, slammed back and loved every second of it.

Stabbing Westward, man that sounds like fun!

The tough part when everyone sits is that if you're standing, you stick out like a sore thumb. And all the sitters are snorting and hissing at you to get out of their view. I get bad hip pain when I stand for more than an hour, but I will then sit for a minute or two to recharge. Not sure sixth row is appropriate for sitting or having any expectation a stander will agree to sit. I think you got it right with the (rear?) lawn comments, that seems a more appropriate location for sitting. The band is in their 60s and are standing for our enjoyment (except Neil!) it's a weird energy for those close to not be standing up with them.

#1043 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53807 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:53 PM

Dallas tomorrow night!  7:30 PM Central Time, 8:30 EST, 6:30 Mountain, 5:30 Pacific.  2:30 AM for most of our European friends!

Edited by goose, 17 May 2015 - 08:53 PM.


#1044 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

Setlist: Fri, May 8 @ BOK Center in Tulsa, OK



Setlist Version A (Clockwork Angels opener)
Set 1:
Video Intro (The World is ... The World is)

Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Headlong Flight (with Drumbastica mini drum solo)
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
One Little Victory
Animate
Roll The Bones (with celebrity rappers video)
Distant Early Warning
Subdivisions
Intermission (R40 drum kit replaced with throwback replica kit)
Set 2:
Video Intro (No Country for Old Hens)

Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
The Spirit of Radio
Jacob's Ladder
Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres - Prelude
Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 1
Drum Solo
Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 3
Closer To The Heart
Xanadu (double neck guitars) 2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/Presentation/Grand Finale
Encore:
Video Intro (Mel's Rock Pile starring Eugene Levy)

Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man (Garden Road riff at the end)

Video Outro (Exit Stage Left)

#1045 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Setlist: Sun, May 10 @ Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, NE



Setlist Version B
Set 1:
Video Intro (The World is ... The World is)

The Anarchist
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight (with Drumbastica mini drum solo)
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
How It Is
Animate
Roll The Bones (with celebrity rappers video)
Between the Wheels
Subdivisions
Intermission (R40 drum kit replaced with throwback replica kit)
Set 2:
Video Intro (No Country for Old Hens)

Tom Sawyer
The Camera Eye
The Spirit of Radio
Jacob's Ladder
Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres - Prelude
Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 1
Drum Solo
Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 3
Closer To The Heart
Xanadu (double neck guitars)
2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/Presentation/Grand Finale
Encore:
Video Intro (Mel's Rock Pile starring Eugene Levy)

Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man (Garden Road riff at the end)

Video Outro (Exit Stage Left)

#1046 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

Setlist: Tue, May 12 @ Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, MN



Setlist Version C
Set 1:
Video Intro (The World is ... The World is)

The Anarchist
Clockwork Angels
Headlong Flight (with Drumbastica mini drum solo)
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
One Little Victory
Animate
Roll The Bones (with celebrity rappers video)
Distant Early Warning
Subdivisions
Intermission (R40 drum kit replaced with throwback replica kit)
Set 2:
Video Intro (No Country for Old Hens)

Tom Sawyer
YYZ
The Spirit of Radio
Natural Science
Jacob's Ladder
Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres - Prelude
Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 1
Drum Solo
Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 3
Closer To The Heart
Xanadu (double neck guitars)
2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/Presentation/Grand Finale
Encore:
Video Intro (Mel's Rock Pile starring Eugene Levy)

Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man (Garden Road riff at the end)

Video Outro (Exit Stage Left)

#1047 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

Setlist: Thu, May 14 @ Scottrade Center in St. Louis, MO



Setlist Version A (The Anarchist opener)
Set 1:
Video Intro (The World is ... The World is)

The Anarchist
Clockwork Angels
Headlong Flight (with Drumbastica mini drum solo)
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
One Little Victory
Animate
Roll The Bones (with celebrity rappers video)
Distant Early Warning
Subdivisions
Intermission (R40 drum kit replaced with throwback replica kit)
Set 2:
Video Intro (No Country for Old Hens)

Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
The Spirit of Radio
Jacob's Ladder
Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres - Prelude
Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 1
Drum Solo
Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 3
Closer To The Heart
Xanadu (double neck guitars)
2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/Presentation/Grand Finale
Encore:
Video Intro (Mel's Rock Pile starring Eugene Levy)

Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man (Garden Road riff at the end)

Video Outro (Exit Stage Left)

#1048 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:34 AM

Setlist: Sat, May 16 @ Austin360 Amphitheater in Austin, TX



Setlist Version B
Set 1:
Video Intro (The World is ... The World is)

The Anarchist
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight (with Drumbastica mini drum solo)
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
How It Is
Animate
Roll The Bones (with celebrity rappers video)
Between the Wheels
Subdivisions
Intermission (R40 drum kit replaced with throwback replica kit)
Set 2:
Video Intro (No Country for Old Hens)

Tom Sawyer
The Camera Eye
The Spirit of Radio
Jacob's Ladder
Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres - Prelude
Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Prologue
Drum Solo
Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 3
Closer To The Heart
Xanadu (double neck guitars)
2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/Presentation/Grand Finale
Encore:
Video Intro (Mel's Rock Pile starring Eugene Levy)

Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man (Garden Road riff at the end)

Video Outro (Exit Stage Left)

#1049 CaressMySteel

CaressMySteel

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostLedRush, on 18 May 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Setlist: Sat, May 16 @ Austin360 Amphitheater in Austin, TX



Setlist Version B
Set 1:
Video Intro (The World is ... The World is)

The Anarchist
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight (with Drumbastica mini drum solo)
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business

How It Is
Animate
Roll The Bones (with celebrity rappers video)
Between the Wheels
Subdivisions

Intermission (R40 drum kit replaced with throwback replica kit)
Set 2:
Video Intro (No Country for Old Hens)

Tom Sawyer
The Camera Eye
The Spirit of Radio
Jacob's Ladder
Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres - Prelude

Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Prologue
Drum Solo
Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 3
Closer To The Heart
Xanadu (double neck guitars)
2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/Presentation/Grand Finale
Encore:
Video Intro (Mel's Rock Pile starring Eugene Levy)

Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man (Garden Road riff at the end)


Video Outro (Exit Stage Left)
The songs I put in bold were really awesome Saturday night.  Particularly the stretch in the first set starting with Animate and finishing up with Subdivisions.  They sounded great on those songs.  I would have preferred another song besides How It Is.  It sounded fine, I just thought it brought the energy level down some.  I think I would have even preferred One Little Victory just to keep it rockin' because they were on a roll with Headlong Flight, Far Cry and TMMB.  

In the second set, the stretch from TSOR to the Drum Solo was great.  Closer to the Heart sounded terrible.  I'm not sure what happened on that song.  The guys weren't in sync at all.  I thought Xanadu sounded great though.  What You're Doing and Working Man both kicked major ass.  They definitely ended on a high note.  The entire encore was good.  Geddy's voice sounded pretty good most of the night.  He obviously struggles some in the second set (he's not 24 anymore).  But, he absolutely killed it the first set and surprised me a great deal (in a good way) on songs like Xanadu and What You're Doing.

#1050 NaturalScientist75

NaturalScientist75

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Highland Park, NJ
  • Interests:RUSH, Music, Zoology (especially raptors), astronomy, teaching, especially chemistry and math, nature, geology, meteorology, halloween, star wars (original), ...

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:00 PM

any periscope tonight?  I just got online and there are over 1000 comments here

#1051 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

View PostNaturalScientist75, on 18 May 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

any periscope tonight?  I just got online and there are over 1000 comments here

There were several but none of them were very reliable and kept dying.

#1052 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53807 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 18 May 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

View PostNaturalScientist75, on 18 May 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

any periscope tonight?  I just got online and there are over 1000 comments here

There were several but none of them were very reliable and kept dying.
I got great feeds, although they weren't sustained for more than a few songs.   I think that's  likely to be the case, and adds a bit of fun to the whole thing.  It's like an Easter Egg hunt.  Chuck's feed was phenomenal.

Alsi...when a feed got choppy, I had success refreshing.

#1053 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

View Postgoose, on 19 May 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 18 May 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

View PostNaturalScientist75, on 18 May 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

any periscope tonight?  I just got online and there are over 1000 comments here

There were several but none of them were very reliable and kept dying.
I got great feeds, although they weren't sustained for more than a few songs.   I think that's  likely to be the case, and adds a bit of fun to the whole thing.  It's like an Easter Egg hunt.  Chuck's feed was phenomenal.

Alsi...when a feed got choppy, I had success refreshing.

Not here. Most of it was pixelated and the sound was boomy. Quality was much worse than the first few nights.

#1054 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53807 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 19 May 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 19 May 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 18 May 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

View PostNaturalScientist75, on 18 May 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

any periscope tonight?  I just got online and there are over 1000 comments here

There were several but none of them were very reliable and kept dying.
I got great feeds, although they weren't sustained for more than a few songs.   I think that's  likely to be the case, and adds a bit of fun to the whole thing.  It's like an Easter Egg hunt.  Chuck's feed was phenomenal.

Alsi...when a feed got choppy, I had success refreshing.

Not here. Most of it was pixelated and the sound was boomy. Quality was much worse than the first few nights.
bummer.  Better luck next time.

I'm  still  amazed to have a real time glimpse of a show.    It's like being a kid watching baseball through a knot hole



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users