Official Fifth Night Setlist SPOILER Thread: Austin, TX - May 16th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I love this set list :-)

How It Is

Between The Wheels

The Camera Eye.

Yeah it's amazing.

Definitely my favorite setlist too - I am hoping New Orleans gets this one (Set B)... if the rotation holds true, it should be the one!

• Like 3

Alex was on fire tonight.

Not sure what the complaints are about... I haven't been following this convo too closely.

Late he was, but he was fumbling for notes early. Doesn't bother me, but it was quite noticeable.

• Like 2

Wonder if Alex is just in a slump like athletes get or if he didn't give some of the tunes he doesn't play very often enough respect as far as rehearsal time.

they/ve been rehearsing for months. He's got terrible arthritis for f**k's sake. It comes and goes and it isn't going to get any better as the summer goes on.

Thank God Eddie is not a videographer. Whew!

But he plays one on TV......

And he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night... :LMAO:

Not sure what the complaints are about... I haven't been following this convo too closely.

Late he was, but he was fumbling for notes early. Doesn't bother me, but it was quite noticeable.

Same here, I like hearing mistakes actually. It's neat and different. But I know Alex would be happier if he could nail it all perfectly and I want Alex to go out there and have a blast.

• Like 1

Wonder if Alex is just in a slump like athletes get or if he didn't give some of the tunes he doesn't play very often enough respect as far as rehearsal time.

they/ve been rehearsing for months. He's got terrible arthritis for f**k's sake. It comes and goes and it isn't going to get any better as the summer goes on.

I understand that, but nobody on this forum knows the exact extent it messes with his playing. Don't act like you do. All the flubs were not related to execution. Some were like it was brain farts or something. Like I said, doesn't bother me, but it will be interesting to watch him as tour goes on.

• Like 1

I heard some mistakes, but I also heard some improv (Which I really like)

• Like 2

It sucks getting old, and I can emphasize with Alex...I don't play like I used to anymore either (issues with left hand)... and he has several years on me - I could only hope I can still play at that age.

It amazed me how well Les Paul played, even well into his 90's...

• Like 3

I didn't notice many mistakes TBH... I did however notice that he was in far better shape tonight than he was in St. Louis which was probably the worst I've ever heard him.

I've seen some pretty bad trainwrecks.. but STL was bad from end to end for the most part.

• Like 1

Can't say it enough. Best vocal performance in a long long time. Geddy nailed it tonight.
  • Like 5

I understand that, but nobody on this forum knows the exact extent it messes with his playing. Don't act like you do. All the flubs were not related to execution. Some were like it was brain farts or something. Like I said, doesn't bother me, but it will be interesting to watch him as tour goes on.

Live music is also rarely perfectShortcuts, brainfarts, looking at the hot blond in the front row all screw things up sometimes :)
  • Like 1

Good night guys - this was my first Periscope experience, and it was fun (as well as funny)!

See you at the next one... :cheers:

• Like 4

I love this set list :-)

How It Is

Between The Wheels

The Camera Eye.

Yeah it's amazing.

Definitely my favorite setlist too - I am hoping New Orleans gets this one (Set B)... if the rotation holds true, it should be the one!

and The Wreckers too ;)

• Like 2

Periscope is awesome and so are the folks that are sharing their views of the shows with us.
  • Like 1

Just got back to Dallas. I saw you guys mentioned Alex's guitar on closer to the heart. It wasnt loud enough and he got pretty pissed off playing around with it. He ended up punching the connection then gave up and switched guitars. Overall a great concert! I was six row on Alex's side. I can't believe that the people next to me kept sitting down. It drove me nuts. It also looks like the guys were pretty hot in the beginning. I saw a lot of sweat dripping from Alex's face. Texas weather! Anyway time for bed.
  • Like 1

Some of these songs are extremely difficult even for him and the arthritis definitely doesnt help..another thing a guy over on RIAB said he had some type of pass and saw the 2nd half of the show from on the side of the stage..he said that he was able to see something that indicates a different setlist in june that has la villa replacing camera eye and/or natty sci and has yyz/barchetta with a C and D next to them and also kid gloves alternating with BTW and DEW. Also one variation where GUP was dropped and losing it was added...I dont buy it just yet but the show ill be in attendance for is the first one in June so Im pumped

It sucks getting old, and I can emphasize with Alex...I don't play like I used to anymore either (issues with left hand)... and he has several years on me - I could only hope I can still play at that age.

It amazed me how well Les Paul played, even well into his 90's...

Chet Atkins as well.
  • Like 2

Me either but he appears to be missing the first notes on a lot of solos.

Me either but he appears to be missing the first notes on a lot of solos.

He missed a couple first notes in St. Paul - mostly in the first set. The second set was great......