Rush - Indy 500 connection

Stan Getz

I searched high and low for a pic but alas couldn't find one... :sigh:
  • Like 1

I won't get to get what i'm after till the day i die.

• Like 3

Reminds me of a Moxy tune. Out Of The Darkness from their debut maybe?... :)

Edit: I think I am wrong. I will admit I haven't listened to their Debut in quite a while but I would recommend it highly for those who haven't heard of it or them... :)

Edited by Narps

Now there is a great memory! Moxy was an awesome band. I saw them open for Styx at Massey Hall and they stole the show. Edited by Syrinx

Edit: I think I am wrong. I will admit I haven't listened to their Debut in quite a while but I would recommend it highly for those who haven't heard of it or them... :)

I was thinking of The Seeker by The Who.

• Like 2

I was thinking of The Seeker by The Who.

I know. I have lost my marbles apparently and its about time... :smash:
  • Like 2

Unfortunately James Hinchcliffe suffered a horrible crash yesterday and is done for the season. Not sure if Rush had sponsored the car or the driver so it remains to be seen if Rush will make an Indy appearance.

Unfortunately James Hinchcliffe suffered a horrible crash yesterday and is done for the season. Not sure if Rush had sponsored the car or the driver so it remains to be seen if Rush will make an Indy appearance.

Indeed, prayers for James. A front suspension component failed entering a turn, James was a passenger at that point and impact with the wall registered a staggering 125Gs! Worse than initially reported, the injury was life threatening - a piece of the front wishbone pierced the carbon fibre tub and went through Jame's right thigh and into his left. Massive loss of blood and tissue damage, fortunately the attending safety team, EMT's that transported him and Doctor's at Indianapolis Methodist Hospital did amazing work under pressure to save his life.

Not sure if any of the guys from Rush were actually going to be in Indy Sunday, Neil is the "car guy/racing enthusiast" of the group but even as a VIP I cannot see him enjoying an event in person with 300,000 in attendance. Indy is still the largest single day attended sporting event in the World.

TRF jinx...

Glad to hear he's OK.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Indeed, prayers for James. A front suspension component failed entering a turn, James was a passenger at that point and impact with the wall registered a staggering 125Gs! Worse than initially reported, the injury was life threatening - a piece of the front wishbone pierced the carbon fibre tub and went through Jame's right thigh and into his left. Massive loss of blood and tissue damage, fortunately the attending safety team, EMT's that transported him and Doctor's at Indianapolis Methodist Hospital did amazing work under pressure to save his life.

Not sure if any of the guys from Rush were actually going to be in Indy Sunday, Neil is the "car guy/racing enthusiast" of the group but even as a VIP I cannot see him enjoying an event in person with 300,000 in attendance. Indy is still the largest single day attended sporting event in the World.

That's so unfortunate! We are in a big NASCAR area so didn't get that much news on Hinchcliffe. (Kind of miss living in Indiana when it would be all Indy all through May.) I know he's a young driver and has had a promising career so far, I hope everything works out for him.

• Like 1