The Real Reason this is the Last Major Tour This is not a joke

madrushian

No one is "whining" about Al missing notes. When I mentioned what I had heard (I'm getting good at this nonspoiler stuff :)), the only reason I mentioned it is because it is not like Al to do that and was more of a concern that something is wrong rather than a complaint that he actually made a "mistake".

As for age and what happens to someone when they get older, you don't have to tell me. I'll be 61 in about six weeks.

Yes exactly. People aren't complaining about the missed notes, they're concerned why he's doing it. I can only speak for myself but it makes me wonder if he's in pain. I haven't been able to see anything close up but I remember someone saying that he wasn't acting his normal self at the concert.

Go read the last thread from the show, people weren't concerned about his health, it was his flubs, mistakes, screw ups. Nothing about his health at all.

It kinda pissed me off a bit

I don't know if it shows or not :)

I was one of the ones doing it but it was not in a negative way. Sorry you were pissed off but it was so surprising I had to comment. I've never seen a show where he's made so many obvious mistakes. I hate to see that and it makes me wonder if he's okay.

I don't think he's been OK for almost a decade, which is why I think they started doing the Polka intro to La Villa

Yes he said as much in that last interview he did with Redman.

Haha. I should read more, I guess. I always thought it was odd they took that out, but now I know my instincts were correct. I'm 47 and can feel my fingers stiffning and I do NOT play guitar. I can only imagine how his ache

• Like 2

No one is "whining" about Al missing notes. When I mentioned what I had heard (I'm getting good at this nonspoiler stuff :)), the only reason I mentioned it is because it is not like Al to do that and was more of a concern that something is wrong rather than a complaint that he actually made a "mistake".

As for age and what happens to someone when they get older, you don't have to tell me. I'll be 61 in about six weeks.

Yes exactly. People aren't complaining about the missed notes, they're concerned why he's doing it. I can only speak for myself but it makes me wonder if he's in pain. I haven't been able to see anything close up but I remember someone saying that he wasn't acting his normal self at the concert.

Go read the last thread from the show, people weren't concerned about his health, it was his flubs, mistakes, screw ups. Nothing about his health at all.

I'm not going to link to a thread in a spoiler section from a non-spoiler section, but if we're talking about St. Louis I specifically made a post where I was concerned for his pain levels and hoping he was okay. As someone with pretty painful arthritis I have a lot of empathy for others who do too. :) And on a very fast moving, real-time thread, six people liked that. So, you know, maybe the glass is a little less empty than you might think. :D

• Like 4

He looks really tense to me. Almost frustrated. It looks like he's concentrating so hard on what he is doing so he doesn't muff it, and it is frustrating him that he has to do so.

I haven't watched anything. I just am getting what I said from pictures and/or "freeze frames" from the vids people have put on here.

I wonder if his finger-beds are tender and painful as well?

I'm not going to link to a thread in a spoiler section from a non-spoiler section, but if we're talking about St. Louis I specifically made a post where I was concerned for his pain levels and hoping he was okay. As someone with pretty painful arthritis I have a lot of empathy for others who do too. :) And on a very fast moving, real-time thread, six people liked that. So, you know, maybe the glass is a little less empty than you might think. :D

i have it too so I know how painful it is to do normal activity let alone play a guitar. You want your fingers to move as they once did, but all the wishing and wanting in the world can't make them do so.

In the words of my mother: "Lorraine, it's tough when you get old."

• Like 1

He looks really tense to me. Almost frustrated. It looks like he's concentrating so hard on what he is doing so he doesn't muff it, and it is frustrating him that he has to do so.

I haven't watched anything. I just am getting what I said from pictures and/or "freeze frames" from the vids people have put on here.

It's so hard to tell with him. One minute he's making a drooling goofball face, next is a raised eyebrow and next is staring off into space. But he did say he wanted to go out and not be a guy who just played to make money, so he knows his body is giving out. They aren't the Stones, this is intense music and he won't sacrifice his integrity for a few more bucks(canadian)

• Like 2

Preaching to the choir here with me. Bless him for trying. I can sympathize... Edited by Narps
  • Like 2

Is there bourbon in it?

• Like 1

Is there bourbon in it?

Macallan

• Like 1

Is there bourbon in it?

Macallan

Now we're talking I'll take mine neat :)

• Like 1

Is there bourbon in it?

Macallan

I'd like to try it just to see what all the fuss is about. :)

Is there bourbon in it?

Macallan

I'd like to try it just to see what all the fuss is about. :)

I love good Scotch. Bad scotch or even average scotch is turpentine :(

• Like 1

It was Al, and only Al, that gained me as a fan of Rush's Snakes & Arrows album.

It has always been Al. The first time I ever heard Xanadu was from a scanner bootleg of just Al and his guitar. I was mesmerized.

This is my way of saying that I think the world of him.

• Like 4

It was Al, and only Al, that gained me as a fan of Rush's Snakes & Arrows album.

It has always been Al. The first time I ever heard Xanadu was from a scanner bootleg of just Al and his guitar. I was mesmerized.

I do too, which is why I was concerned. The comments were were more in the "oh my god is he okay?" vein. :)

• Like 1

I do too, which is why I was concerned. The comments were were more in the "oh my god is he okay?" vein. :)

Me too, because it really isn't like him to do that. I've listened to so many bootlegs, and I can only think of one - and he broke his guitar string in that one.

• Like 1

Geddy's voice. Neil's tendinitis. Alex's arthritis. The years of rocking are taking their toll. But how awesome is it that they have kept it up for us, for over four decades! I became a fan around 1975. This band means more to me than any other. They have been part of my life for four decades, and I for one am going to enjoy every second of the concert in Toronto, mistakes and all. This may be the last time I see them live which is kind of sad. I lost track of the number of Rush shows over those 40 years, but oh the memories!
  • Like 4

They are still going to be a band

They are still going to release music

They are still going to play shows

They've said all this

They've only said no more extensive tours

The band is not done

They've mentioned a series of shows at particular places with no real travel involved

Shorter shows

Less demanding

10 gig summer tours

5 shows over two weeks at a particular venue

Clear out the vaults

Release new music as they make it through their website and Rush backstage

It's not over

Just these types of tours

Not yet anyway

Not yet imo

I guess its better to say good bye at their pick rather to go see a lame shadow of use to be s

Like an alan parsons gathering

Looking a 2112 live performance its suchan honor to be there watching this 3 60's stubborn canadians beating the crap out of the bones since 1976 cheese!

I guess its better to say good bye at their pick rather to go see a lame shadow of use to be s

Looking a 2112 live performance its suchan honor to be there watching this 3 60's stubborn canadians beating the crap out of the bones since 1976 cheese!

voice texting, weren't you :)

voice texting, weren't you :)

:LOL:

It's a friggin' miracle we're getting this tour at all, really.

Two of the three are playing in pain.

Relativity is a good thing to use in considering this tour for what it is.

• Like 1

He probably does with the psoriatic arthritis, redness and peeling skin are side effects of psoriasis so if he has that on his fingers, it is going to be painful for him. I have psoriasis and it is no fun.

• Like 3

This was already mentioned in several threads.

Unfortunately, the members of Rush are getting old and I do believe this is the last tour of this magnitude.

Bless 'em.

My friend. I will never look in the Live Section until I see the show but fuckk I'm totally depressed. By the time the boys get out my way they might have to cancel the tour.

Could you imagine if Neil had to retire half way through the tour? I would die. If they hired Mike Portnoy I would jump off the Golden Gate Bridge.

I'm totally bummed..