What's your favorite bass Geddy uses for R40?

DirkPrattLerxst

I'll have to wait till I actually hear them in concert but the regular Ric 4001 will always be my favorite that he has played in the past.
  • Like 1

I'll have to wait till I actually hear them in concert but the regular Ric 4001 will always be my favorite that he has played in the past.

Per the tourbook, he is playing a 1977 4001 Jetglo, and the one I own is also a 1977 Jetglo! :haz: Definitely one of my personal favorites!

• Like 1

Per the tourbook, he is playing a 1977 4001 Jetglo, and the one I own is also a 1977 Jetglo! :haz: Definitely one of my personal favorites!

My first Ric was a fireglo 1974 4001. I wish I still had it.

• Like 2

I had a cream 70's 4001 (think Chris Squire) that I sold many decades ago because I was poor. I still think about it and want to cry.

That's does hurt... I sold my first Rick off years ago, but was fortunate enough to get the one I have now for not too much money (owned it for 30 yrs and counting) - this one is not going anywhere! ;-)

Here it it with a few of my other frequent flyers:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/Miscellanious/my%20electric%20basses.jpg

Edited by rushbass
  • Like 6

I had a cream 70's 4001 (think Chris Squire) that I sold many decades ago because I was poor. I still think about it and want to cry.

I sold the one I had because I didn't see any point in having more than one bass. My other one was a 1975 Fender Precision which was my first bass. It was my one and only for a lot of years.

• Like 2

I sold the one I had because I didn't see any point in having more than one bass. My other one was a 1975 Fender Precision which was my first bass. It was my one and only for a lot of years.

They say "you can only play one at a time"... ;-) Call me a hoarder, if you will... LOL!

Edited by rushbass
  • Like 2

If I had the money, the walls of my house would be covered by basses, like John Entwistle's in The Kids Are Alright. :)

Mine too! That was a cool movie.

• Like 1

I will have to hear them in person .....

Really surprised by the selection, no Steinberger no Wal? and instead a few Gibsons, a Hofner and a Zematis?

I can't wait to hear them all in person, especially the P Basses and the Gibson.

I love my Geddy Jazz Bass, my Steinberger gets played less and less ..... I am guessing I will leave Greensboro inspired to want a third Bass :-)

Hate to be Rash, but I would love it if Geddy brought both the Steinberger and Wal on stage and smashed them, and then light them on fire.

:fury:

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

• Like 1

I play a Jazz and I just love the versatility of them. Think they sound great. I always thought the ricks sounded kind of muddy. I am not a huge fan of the thunderbirds I used to play them and they have way too much low sound. Sounds off for animate and one little victory. It's pretty cool sounding on how it is.

His Jazz's are my favorite. I like the seafoam but I like the maple necked black and red jazz more. Also the tone on the jazz is the easiest to model into different album sounds.

• Like 1

Hate to be Rash, but I would love it if Geddy brought both the Steinberger and Wal on stage and smashed them, and then light them on fire.

Steinberger = Yes

Wal = NO

I love the Wal's crystal-clear, tight, punchy sound and it had it's purpose... but I would only want to hear it on the period appropriate music he originally played it on...

I wouldn't want him to play Hemispheres, Natural Science, Lakeside Park, Anthem etc. on it.

Steinberger = Yes

Wal = NO

I love the Wal's crystal-clear, tight, punchy sound and it had it's purpose... but I would only want to hear it on the period appropriate music he originally played it on...

I wouldn't want him to play Hemispheres, Natural Science, Lakeside Park, Anthem etc. on it.

It had it's purpose to sound farty. Wasn't too bad on Hold Your Fire but on Presto it was quite gaseous. :D

• Like 1

Steinberger = Yes

Wal = NO

It had it's purpose to sound farty. Wasn't too bad on Hold Your Fire but on Presto it was quite gaseous. :D

The bass playing on Presto is some of the best and the tone is superb... :o you people.

Steinberger = Yes

Wal = NO

The bass playing on Presto is some of the best and the tone is superb... :o you people.

:P

• Like 1