Geddy's voice on this tour??

nicky6

His voice sounds good so far, but by the end of the tour he will sound like Chinese opera again. I'm not trying to be insulting, but it is what it is. 45 years of screaming into a mic takes its toll on a lot of guys and it's taken its toll on Geddy.

A few weeks ago I watched Exit Stage Left and the the Clockwork show and the difference was really brutal. If you cannot see his voice is shot, you're in complete denial. I still love the guy and his music and encourage him to sing until the day he dies, though. I could care less about pretty voices, after all, I'm a Neil Young Fan, too :)

• Like 4

It sounds good for a 61 year old man trying to sing songs he wrote and originally sang over 30 years ago. Remember, he had to record the Hemispheres album at the top of his range. I can only imagine he sang that way for a lot of the 1970s material.
  • Like 6

It sounds good for a 61 year old man trying to sing songs he wrote and originally sang over 30 years ago. Remember, he had to record the Hemispheres album at the top of his range. I can only imagine he sang that way for a lot of the 1970s material.

His throat would start to bleed if he had to scream the end of Cygnus ever again.

I think he's definitely sounding better than he did on most of the CA tour. I'm surprised they're even attempting a lot of these songs. I have to give it to him. He's giving all he's got.
  • Like 2

he sounded great the first show.......awful the 2nd and ok the thrid

Mick

Truth be told I am going to enjoy the sh*t out of the show I go to but from what I have heard so far I don't need another live recording. I just know it won't come out well... :(
  • Like 3

he sounded great the first show.......awful the 2nd and ok the thrid

Mick

Truth be told I am going to enjoy the sh*t out of the show I go to but from what I have heard so far I don't need another live recording. I just know it won't come out well... :(

Yeah I'm with you on that.

• Like 1

I know he's at where's at but that lincoln show was awful. it Could have been a ear monitor thing but he was not hitting Notes at all. As i said St. Paul was better but it is what it is. I'm not looking forward to the dvd though........just being honest.

Mick

Overall, his voice sounds much better than the previous two tours. One thing I am noticing is he's losing some control in places. He can hit the notes; just not very cleanly at times.

#nitpicking

The longer the tour drags on, the more like Peter Brady singing through puberty he'll sound like. It's just a fact of getting old for him, but it is what it is. It's hard to yell when your voice is going as you age and he's a soft voiced guy as it is.

From what I've heard he sounds pretty good, but towards the end of the tour he probably won't sound as good but who cares. He's still amazing.
  • Like 2

He sounded great opening nite, seemed to struggle in St Paul, but voice seemed stronger tonite in St Louis.

I think he sounds mostly great this tour. There are a few songs, mostly the old ones, where his voice is a bit muddy. But man, he hit and carry those high notes from Headlong Flight.

Everyone talks about his voice... But his bass playing has been out of this world! PERFECTION! :geddy:

It's fantastic! And the sound he gets from that Ric? *swoon*

• Like 1

Everyone talks about his voice... But his bass playing has been out of this world! PERFECTION! :geddy:

It's fantastic! And the sound he gets from that Ric? *swoon*

That's why everyone hated to see him change to the jazz back years ago. The Ric was just sublime.

• Like 3

You can really hear a difference between Rio and CA.

But I don't care - from what I've heard online, he sounds better than CA or TMT. I'm just thankful I'll get to experience it again LIVE!

How would you guys rate his voice between S&A and R-40?

I thought he sounded excellent on S&A.