Geddy's voice on this tour??

nicky6

I thought we were promised no more attempts to jack up the prices for the LA shows?

A fan was kind enough to link the STL second set and encore since NOLA was dark. Rush sounded great, better than their last Blu ray. Geddy's singing was very good. All three played tremendously.

When Geddy makes absolute crystal clear comments about full retirement, which very well may happen this year, I will listen carefully and salute their great career. That's how this band should be respected. No one else should be speaking for Ged. He is the leader of Rush.

Maybe you should just stop replying to my posts, since clearly you don't like them. If you think I'm some kinda shill for the band, you're a friggin' idiot. If you think in any way I speak for the band, you're a friggin' idiot. If you think my posts are some kind of grand scheme to jack up LA tix prices, you're a friggin' idiot. And finally, if you can't handle reality over pie in the sky wishing, you're a friggin' idiot.

You now have officially become a top banana of the Friggin' Idiot Brigade. Congratulations.

LA is hosting the last two dates on what is almost certainly their final tour. It's Neil's homebase. Of course they'll be showstoppers, because usually tour's end shows are. It ain't rocket science. It's sweet that your life needs to be framed in absolutes before you realize stuff, but that's not reality for most of us. Life is grey, not black and white.

I thought we were promised no more attempts to jack up the prices for the LA shows?

A fan was kind enough to link the STL second set and encore since NOLA was dark. Rush sounded great, better than their last Blu ray. Geddy's singing was very good. All three played tremendously.

When Geddy makes absolute crystal clear comments about full retirement, which very well may happen this year, I will listen carefully and salute their great career. That's how this band should be respected. No one else should be speaking for Ged. He is the leader of Rush.

Maybe you should just stop replying to my posts, since clearly you don't like them. If you think I'm some kinda shill for the band, you're a friggin' idiot. If you think in any way I speak for the band, you're a friggin' idiot. If you think my posts are some kind of grand scheme to jack up LA tix prices, you're a friggin' idiot. And finally, if you can't handle reality over pie in the sky wishing, you're a friggin' idiot.

You now have officially become a top banana of the Friggin' Idiot Brigade. Congratulations.

LA is hosting the last two dates on what is almost certainly their final tour. It's Neil's homebase. Of course they'll be showstoppers, because usually tour's end shows are. It ain't rocket science. It's sweet that your life needs to be framed in absolutes before you realize stuff, but that's not reality for most of us. Life is grey, not black and white.

I am stating opinion, holding out hope for a small future for Rush. To me, it's not about VS or Bard, it's about having the right to speak pro continuance of the greatest band around, especially if there are unsubstantiated absolute comments with respect to their retirement on this or any thread.

At what usage of words Bard have you crossed the line, and call a true Rush fan "a friggin idiot." That's an honest question for the mods.

Friggin is a way of hiding a curse? Idiot, well I think I know that word.

You have repeatedly bullied on this site, anyone who chooses to hold out hope for a small future for Rush.

If you speak in absolute terms of retirement, I believe I have a right to state on that thread I have a different opinion without being attacked by you.

You said earlier in this thread, for the umpteenth time, in absolute terms that LA is their last show. That was my JOKE about wanting to Jack up ticket prices.

You have said many times that those that don't agree with you are....a whole host of holly horror of putdowns.

If you have solid evidence, fine, share it. If not, state it's just your opinion and STOP BULLYING THOSE THAT DISAGREE WITH YOU.

Regarding full retirement, neither Geddy nor Al have ever uttered those words. Neil has been quoted by the band as "not being the one to want to ruin it."

So why is it this is so personal to you? I don't call you names. I tease that you are affiliated with the band, as an attempt to keep your harshness down. Obviously that didn't work.

I simply hold out hope there will be a small future for the band. If not, I salute Rush and recall a great career and move on.

But that is not what this post is about.

This is about you stop bullying. If you state pro retirement comments on a thread and I see it, I will respond.

If you continue bullying, I will ask the mods if I am free to speak as disrespectfully as you do and trash you in a foul mouthed manner as you treat others. Somehow you think you have the right to speak in this nasty manner to a Rush fan.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 3

If you want to talk about mods, it was suggested that you take your comments and reservations to PMs rather than continue to badger me on the boards. If you don't like my posts, too bad. If you want to discuss them with your constant JOKING or SARCASM, you should PM me. Instead of crying and whining that I'm bullying you, simply don't reply to my posts. I will leave you alone. You will leave me alone. It's that simple. Then I can talk about the state of Rush and you can talk about the state of Rush, and none of it has to mesh. It's that simple.

If I state what you deem to be pro retirements and you cannot resist the urge to respond, that's on you. Not me. Unlike you, I'll happily take it to PM instead. As has been suggested, which you seem to be unable to do. That's on you. Not me. Moreover, this issue is clearly personal to YOU. Not to me. I'm all good with the band's future. You seem to be extremely invested in their future, to the point where you're using juvenile semantics like 'the retirement police.' That's on you. Not me.

So. For the record. I am perfectly capable of ignoring your PRO CONTINUANCE posts. LOL. We will see if you are capable of ignoring my PRO RETIREMENT posts. I wonder which one of us will fail. :)

For the record...I am not pro retirement or continuance. I simply take the evidence at hand and make a conclusion based on the most likely probability. You are the only poster here who is taking this much exception to said conclusions. That's on you. Not me.

I did not publicly call other Rush fans greedy, delusional or a freakin idiot.

I realize the spoiler thread is not moderated, since the mods probably don't wish to have setlist info. Except 73 setting up a new nite of show thread, that's about their only presence here. I cited mods in an attempt to publicly ask how far I may go with language in my response for being called a freaking idiot, code for cursing someone out and outright calling them dumb. I was checking publicly if cursing back in reply is fair.

Retirement police was an attempt by me to keep it light. The irony here is I 80% agree with the pro retirement crowd, but hold out hope for a few recordings (songs), some residencies, all things publicly discussed by Rush. I will never quote you now, but I will post in threads with pro retirement comments with my take on it.

Now I get to discuss that without being called a freaking idiot. Fair deal.

Lee's voice, Lifeson's fingers and Peart's tendons.

Worth many millions of dollars when in good order, worth zero when broken.

I believe their going to make a couple bucks this tour, despite all the chatter about vocal deterioration, arthritis and tendonitis...

The ticket sales and reviews would suggest that they are not broken yet.

And you know what they say...'If it's not broken, don't fix it'

Which leaves us with...

Living with it and loving it until it's gone.

Rush will someday be long gone...but always worth something.

• Like 2