Things will change for all of us after this Tour

vital signz

I'll actually go back to playing the drums. In a year I'll be retired ( :dweez: ), 50 years old, and itching to do something in between hikes in the mountains, golf and tennis. :)

Right on and hike on!

Nothing beats time in the woods!

Bourbon or beer and sitting with friends bullshitting the night away sure does :)

Doing that in the woods around a campfire is even better.
  • Like 1

I'll actually go back to playing the drums. In a year I'll be retired ( :dweez: ), 50 years old, and itching to do something in between hikes in the mountains, golf and tennis. :)

Right on and hike on!

Bourbon or beer and sitting with friends bullshitting the night away sure does :)

I'm a firm believer man invented alcohol hours after discovering how to start his own fires
  • Like 1

Right on and hike on!

I'm a firm believer man invented alcohol hours after discovering how to start his own fires

"Now what, Gronk?"

"Let's get drunk. Marlack!"

• Like 1

Right on and hike on!

"Now what, Gronk?"

"Let's get drunk. Marlack!"

Necessity is the mother of invention
  • Like 1

I was reading this thread again, and I was feeling sad, and then the R40 blu-ray I ordered arrived in the mail! BUT-- my wife stole it from me and said I have to wait until Christmas morning to open it!

What should I do? Should I file for divorce? Wait until Christmas? Go rent a hotel room which has a blu-ray player and pick up another copy and just watch it there so she doesn't know?

What do you guys think? I could use some advice. :(

I was reading this thread again, and I was feeling sad, and then the R40 blu-ray I ordered arrived in the mail! BUT-- my wife stole it from me and said I have to wait until Christmas morning to open it!

What should I do? Should I file for divorce? Wait until Christmas? Go rent a hotel room which has a blu-ray player and pick up another copy and just watch it there so she doesn't know?

You can check out this youtube channel: https://www.youtube....hmakerfs/videos and also watch the official releases on the Rush channel ;) That's what I've done yesterday after that person had uploaded every other single track that hasn't been released by Rush themselves. I know how you feel: I have to wait until Friday to get my hands on a copy of the DVD here in Europe. Enjoy ;)

• Like 2

Buy your own copy now and recycle the other one as present for somebody else

• Like 5

When I was just dating my wife, I stayed at her apartment for a weekend while she was traveling, so her new cat wouldn't freak out (the things we do for love, right?). During the course of my stay, I located my planned Christmas gift from her. It wasn't my fault, I swear, she left it out in plain sight, in an unmarked box totally covered by some other unmarked boxes under her bed. Because I very badly wanted to play with it, I c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y opened the box, had a blast all weekend, then c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y repackaged and replaced it for her Sunday night return, and feigned total shock and joy when I opened it on Christmas Day.

I didn't tell her that story until several years after we were married. She was still pissed, after all that time. Huh.

Anyway, to the extent that you can pull off a stealth early gift to yourself, I'd highly recommend it. Though I don't recommend ever copping to it, ever.

• Like 4

When I was just dating my wife, I stayed at her apartment for a weekend while she was traveling, so her new cat wouldn't freak out (the things we do for love, right?). During the course of my stay, I located my planned Christmas gift from her. It wasn't my fault, I swear, she left it out in plain sight, in an unmarked box totally covered by some other unmarked boxes under her bed. Because I very badly wanted to play with it, I c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y opened the box, had a blast all weekend, then c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y repackaged and replaced it for her Sunday night return, and feigned total shock and joy when I opened it on Christmas Day.

I didn't tell her that story until several years after we were married. She was still pissed, after all that time. Huh.

Anyway, to the extent that you can pull off a stealth early gift to yourself, I'd highly recommend it. Though I don't recommend ever copping to it, ever.

That is hilarious! :) At least you chose to open your own gift. One time I was dying for a Queen record and my roommate gave it to me for Christmas. The shrink wrap was all torn up, and she said, " I had to open and play it first to be sure it was OK, I know how picky you are! (I'm not). :D :D Oh well, the thought was there and we enjoyed it in our room for many months!

• Like 1

I love coming to the TRF every day. It is a place where hopeful fans share a connection--one where we, like children months before Christmas, anticipate "surprises" of what is to come in hopefully what will not seem like too long of a waiting period in the near future.

However, the writing is on the wall, already eluded to by the band and Ray Danniels, that "getting three 65 year olds on the road ever again seems unlikely.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel very sad inside. This tour is certain to make us all feel better for a while. The deep cuts and the effort by this band to give us the best of what they have to give is an incredible gesture.

These guys sure do care about us all to do such amazing things year after year, and that is why we all love them like like we do. I have never felt anything like I feel for Rush for any other band. An kind of weird analogy is it is beginning to feel like a dear friend is now expected to be dying......and the hollowness you know that will be coming in the not too distant future is beginning to settle in. I am beginning to feel sick about it.

We love you Geddy, Alex, and Neil. You guys are the best of the best. Thanks for the big effort this tour. We all appreciate it and all of the work that you and all of your tour team has put forth every time in the past, but especially this time. It is easy to see how much thought you all put into making this "last hurrah" so unbelievably special. Can't wait to catch you all in Columbus.

I will love coming here to visit with all of you after the tour, but I suspect we all might feel a bit differently afterwards....maybe like discovering that Santa isn't real after all, and the magic may be gone from the holiday forever. Our love we have for this band in our hearts I am sure will continue to stoke the fire that keeps this place alive with happiness and great posts...for a while. But we will, I believe, just feel somehow emptier, more hollow, sad not knowing what is to come; after all a 40 year relationship suddenly changing, will have to impact us all in some way. The ever changing soundtrack to my life, and many of all all here, is perhaps about to lose its primary writers---I don't think any other authors will ever be able to take their places. :Neil: :Alex: :geddy:

Now you know how I felt after the Permanent Waves tour

:LOL: I did similar once. Come Christmas Day, no present. She told me it looked like the box had been opened so she decided the present had been used goods, so she'd sent it back. I was mortified :LOL: Turned out she knew exactly what had happened and was just messing with me - the present appeared later on :LOL:

Edited by willowroolz
  • Like 1