SONG BATTLE: Red Barchetta vs Red Sector A

fraroc

50 members have voted

1. 1. Red Barchetta vs Red Sector A

• Red Barchetta
    • Red Sector A
    • I love both!

Pretty straightforward, two awesome songs that kicked ass live....Which one would win in another Rush song "Mayweather vs Pacquiao" Edited by fraroc

I know its sacrilegious but I actually enjoy Red Sector A more... :ph34r: :sigh: :outtahere:
  • Like 2

Pretty straightforward, two awesome songs that kicked ass live....Which one would win in another Rush song "Mayweather vs Pacquiao"

Two gorgeous and totally rocking songs, as you say...love them both. But yeah, it's Red Barchetta.

I know its sacrilegious but I actually enjoy Red Sector A more... :ph34r: :sigh: :outtahere:

Not sacrilege...but very interesting...

:cheers:

• Like 2

Love both, and voted that way but Red Barchetta is considerably better musically.

I am so interested in hearing why...

I do not agree, but I also think RSA is close to the top of the bands best songs.

I only have one issue with red sector a, and I guess it is a big one.

It deals with very heavy and dark themes, which lyrically is presented beautifully and movingly. But musically, it comes across as a dancey number with an almost disco beat reminiscent of something like New World Man or even The Weapon (which pulled it off much better). I love the song, but it doesn't quite sound like I think they wanted it too.

Rush are normally great at building an atmosphere, but this song doesn't have enough of it.

I don't know how this is even a thing. Red Barchetta in a runaway. I love RSA but to me it's not in the same realm.

The poll should have included Red Lenses and Red Tide. Neil must have a thing for the color.

• Like 1