Writers Block 666: Star Wars Is To Rush As Triumph Is To Battlestar Galactica!

RUSHHEAD666

Sorry gang! The 35 Year Anniversary "Battlestar Galactica" Bluray Box came out today!

I was a big fan back then but man the original movie sucks! Hell Rick Springfield is in the pilot film!

I am sure this should be in the Video Vertigo section but man I'm in a writing slump.

Watching Battlestar Galactica got me thinking. The special effects are actually very good for a lower budget science fiction project but still this science fiction saga can not be compared to Star Wars. Even Star Trek is better.

Anyway the bottom line is, Rush is to Star Wars as Triumph is to Battlestar Galactica.

The broken record, cliche of this thread is that Triumph will never EVER be better than Rush.

Ok, I'm taking some time off from The Rush Forum.

Love you guys!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU NEIL PEART!

Does this mean there's a Triumph reboot, where Rik Emmett is played by a woman? :huh:
  • Like 3

I watched the entire original series including pilot on Netflix not long ago for nostalgia. I thought the pilot held up well. Some of the episodes were too corny and Galactica 1980 was awful.
  • Like 1

The Cylons from Cygnus!!

(Cool name for a dream theater tribute band! lol I want royalties if anyone uses it!!)

Love the comparison earl!

• Like 1

First forget Galactica 1980, Glen A Larson knew it was enough Tai Shan to call it something else.

Second it was NOT lower budget it was state of the art at the time. It was the FX team that did Star Wars, in fact some of the FX are better.

Third it was geared for the whole family not adults on a small cable channel. So yes there is some 70's period stuff that doesn't hold up as well but much of it is deeper than recent articles would have you believe.

Fourth I never heard of this this show. ;)

• Like 2

First forget Galactica 1980, Glen A Larson knew it was enough Tai Shan to call it something else.

Second it was NOT lower budget it was state of the art at the time. It was the FX team that did Star Wars, in fact some of the FX are better.

Third it was geared for the whole family not adults on a small cable channel. So yes there is some 70's period stuff that doesn't hold up as well but much of it is deeper than recent articles would have you believe.

Fourth I never heard of this this show. ;)

Simply classic John!

I love those singing girls with the four eyes and the two mouths! "BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!" The Alien Supremes!"

Starbuck should have picked Athena. Of course since he didn't, that meant she was available for me. All the better. So what if I was 12.

I believe there was a show called GINO on a while back that was loosely based on the original classic Battlestar Galactica. Worse than Galactica 1980. Pure Tai Shan.

Starbuck should have picked Athena. Of course since he didn't, that meant she was available for me. All the better. So what if I was 12.

I believe there was a show called GINO on a while back that was loosely based on the original classic Battlestar Galactica. Worse than Galactica 1980. Pure Tai Shan.

http://img004.lazygirls.info/people/maren_jensen/maren_jensen_battlestar_galactica_athena_cassiopeia_and_starbuck_GKMDCXjN.sized.jpg

c45c73926b9991971b19cb79718b23b2.jpg

• Like 1

http://img004.lazygirls.info/people/maren_jensen/maren_jensen_battlestar_galactica_athena_cassiopeia_and_starbuck_GKMDCXjN.sized.jpg

I'll be in my bunk.

I'll be in my bunk.

Hahaha! Classic!

FRAC!

At least phrase your analogy properly, what you are trying to say is Triumph is to Rush as Battlestar Galactica is to Star Wars. Now back to your previously scheduled discussion.
  • Like 1

Well, let's just say I'm looking forward to a few centons in space...alone. Just me, a fast ship and a fair galaxy.

And loverboy is to spaceballs.

C'mon now...Spaceballs is brilliant!!

So is the local FM rock station playing Everybody is Working For the Weekend every Friday at 5pm.

So is the local FM rock station playing Everybody is Working For the Weekend every Friday at 5pm.

Haha. KFOG here in the Bay plays Smoke Two Joints every Friday at 5.

• Like 1

Hell yes!!!

May The Schwartz Be With You

Yeah its a great movie but its a parody and a comedy. Kind of a joke i suppose.

Not to be overly mean to the fellows in loverboy of course.