I'll probably get banned for this :p (SPOILERS)

andreww

I'll say it again. i can't say enough good things about Tulsa. Best ged Has sounded in a while. and i've listened about 4 times.

Lincoln however was pretty darn bad. Ged was all over the place. bum notes, yodeling. Now i know they were having problems that night

but still what a night and day thing.

Mick

I heard there were problems with their in ear monitors and etc. That would make a lot of sense.

I recall watching the show on Periscope (I think it was Lincoln) where you could see Ged motioning his arm up while he was pressing the monitor to his ear. Kind of hard to hit the notes when you can't hear yourself.

After 32 years as a diehard fan I have been spoiled by phenomenal music and showmanship. As far as I am concerned every show now is a gift to us, and I am thankful for Rush for enriching my life. At 46 I can't do things as well as I used to so I am certainly not going to criticize three 60+ musicians giving their all.

And as for technology, how f'n cool is it that I have been able to see most of the three shows so far, LIVE? I can't wait for Boston!!

We should never get offended when someone writes what Andrew has written. Or when Mick says something similar.

There's no one here who says it to be mean or malicious. Speaking for myself, it hurts to listen to a man who once had quite the voice now struggle. But, as KennyLee here once said a while back - Ged burned his voice out for us ages ago touring.

The only song I have heard from the recent tour is Xanadu, and I thought he sounded very well. In fact, I was surprised he did sound so well.

Yeah, I'm sure even Mick could tell you that for what he is, Geddy sounds all right. He can't sing Xanadu like he's 24 anymore, but he sounds a hell of a lot better than I do.

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 2

We should never get offended when someone writes what Andrew has written. Or when Mick says something similar.

There's no one here who says it to be mean or malicious. Speaking for myself, it hurts to listen to a man who once had quite the voice now struggle. But, as KennyLee here once said a while back - Ged burned his voice out for us ages ago touring.

The only song I have heard from the recent tour is Xanadu, and I thought he sounded very well. In fact, I was surprised he did sound so well.

Yeah, I'm sure even Mick could tell you that for what he is, Geddy sounds all right. He can't sing Xanadu like he's 24 anymore, but he sounds a hell of a lot better than I do.

I heard you singing in the shower last night and I loved every minute of it.

• Like 1

i know he's not phoning anything in. He works his ass off nightly. Can he sing like he did? nah. but he Tries his hardest for all of us.

I thank him for it.

Mick

What's "timbre"?

The sound a tree makes when it pushes its brother over.

• Like 1

Listening to a soundboard recording is like viewing an Art masterpiece on a cell phone: you can get the idea but it's way clearer in person.

I respect your opinion, however the man is 60 years old and I think he's doing great!

I totally agree! I didn't notice anything wrong with his voice in Lincoln.

What's "timbre"?

The distinct sound of a musical note, independent of pitch. Guitars, pianos, violins, etc. all have different and distinct timbres.

I thought they were talking about timbre in regard to voice.

Thank you for answering me, ReRushed.

What's "timbre"?

The distinct sound of a musical note, independent of pitch. Guitars, pianos, violins, etc. all have different and distinct timbres.

I thought they were talking about timbre in regard to voice.

Thank you for answering me, ReRushed.

Vocals also have timbre. Any musical note, basically. If I understand it correctly.

• Like 1