Golden Boy Tom Brady suspended four games

Well's report found unreliable and deeply flawed. Brady's appeal just got a whole lot easier.

http://www.sportingn...prise-institute

That's probably why he wants to be totally exonerated, even to the point of taking this matter to court. The Commish has his hands full on this one for sure and I'm also sure he doesn't want to to continue through the summer.

Well's report found unreliable and deeply flawed. Brady's appeal just got a whole lot easier.

That's probably why he wants to be totally exonerated, even to the point of taking this matter to court. The Commish has his hands full on this one for sure and I'm also sure he doesn't want to to continue through the summer.

Watch the decision come down on Friday, July 3rd at 4:00pm.

Why that date and time....the first anniversary of my surgery?

When you want a controversial story to be practily ignored you dump it late Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend.

• Like 2

When you want a controversial story to be practily ignored you dump it late Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend.

Gotcha, the NFL knows how to work that angle.

Precisely.
  • Like 1

Where did I say that you "were ruminating about this for hours," Liquid Crystal? That's one lovely straw man. Edited by MusicHead

Where did I say that you "were ruminating about this for hours," Liquid Crystal? That's one lovely straw man.

Huh?

In the last CB agreement, "equipment tampering" is a fine... not a suspension. I am no fan of the Pats, but I think this is crap. Goodell has too much power and needs to be stopped. Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

What? You want to look at my phone records and text messages?

http://m0.her.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/16115253/ari-gold-anger-gif.gif

Sorry, my phone broke. So I destroyed. Like I always do when I get a new phone. Except for the cases in which you've already obtained my old phones, of course.

That's an interesting read. He downplays the evidence part to the point of being misleading (8 of the 12 balls were deflated by 1-2 PSI), but Goodell actually played this one well, as he needed to.

What's surprising to me is that as Kraft threw his hissy fit yesterday, he basically admitted that he was a liar. He didn't drop an appeal for the good of the league, which he apparently doesn't care about; he did it as a quid pro quo for leniency for Brady. He probably would have gotten it if Brady didn't destroy the evidence and get caught in a lie as for the reason.

That's an interesting read. He downplays the evidence part to the point of being misleading (8 of the 12 balls were deflated by 1-2 PSI), but Goodell actually played this one well, as he needed to.

What's surprising to me is that as Kraft threw his hissy fit yesterday, he basically admitted that he was a liar. He didn't drop an appeal for the good of the league, which he apparently doesn't care about; he did it as a quid pro quo for leniency for Brady. He probably would have gotten it if Brady didn't destroy the evidence and get caught in a lie as for the reason.

Tom needs to stop taking advice from Hillary

• Like 2

Gisele embarrassed to be seen in public, having plastic surgery to change her looks so no one will identify her as Tom's wife.

The City of Light lit up with rage on Wednesday over supermodel Gisele Bundchen’s use of a burqa as a disguise so she could slip in and out of a Parisian plastic surgery clinic.

The Post revealed on Tuesday how Bundchen and her kid sister wore the traditional Muslim clothing — during the holy month of Ramadan — so the supermodel could have secret work done on her boobs and her eyes.

“Ooh la la!” wrote a commentator on the French-language gossip site Public, responding to the stunning news on the Brazilian stunner — wife of Patriots quarterback Tom “Deflategate” Brady.

“C’est ridicule!!!!” agreed another poster. “To be photographed in a burqa is ridiculous!!!!”

“Especially since it is forbidden in France to wear it!!!!” the poster added, referring to the 2010 “burqa ban,” which bars women from fully covering their faces.

“She would do better to fess up to the plastic surgery because that’s not shameful. I never found her to be beautiful and I definitely don’t like her now,” the anonymous poster sniped.

The plastic surgery clinic declined for a second day Wednesday to comment. “Pas de tout” (“Not at all”), said a woman ­answering the phone.

Gisele and her sister donned burqas to secretly slip in and out of a Paris plastic surgery clinic.

Neither Bundchen’s sister Patricia, who handles much of her p.r., nor Gisele’s Brazilian press ­handlers would comment.

But the French were incensed by the story, many pointing out the hypocrisy of Bundchen wearing a burqa during the Muslim holy month and sneaking into surgery despite past vows to never go under the knife.

“In the street it is illegal to wear the burqa! It therefore violated French law,” wrote another poster. “A cap and a scarf would have been less conspicuous.”

Many strict Muslims see the burqa as an important guarantor of modesty — and its abuse during Ramadan as highly offensive.

“She’s not doing it for Islam. This is very bad,” complained Imam Muhammad Abdullah Kamal Al-Azhari of the Astoria Islamic Center in Queens.

“She’s wearing a holy thing for a bad purpose.”

A clerk at Islam Fashion in Astoria called the stunt “disrespectful to Islam.”

“This is a religious garment. It’s not so you can hide when you’re going for a doctor’s appointment,” said the clerk, Shazia ­Raheel, 40.

Still, burqas have been put to far worse use, as cover for terrorists, noted Daisy Khan of New York-based Wise Muslim Women.

“This is almost comical,” Khan said of Bundchen.

http://pagesix.com/2015/07/29/france-is-furious-over-gisele-bundchens-burqa-disguise/

Or maybe she's getting breast reduction surgery because her mammaries are just to big for Tom to grip properly.

• Like 3

Tom needs to stop taking advice from Hillary

Did you know Wells submitted his report to the NFL's General Counsel before releasing it? Does that strike you as the act of someone who is an " independent" investigator? Or an advocate seeking his client's approval? I ask because that seems to be your principal source of the "facts."

If Brady didn't "destroy" his phone, Goodell get fired.

• Like 1

Brady said he destroyed his phone. So if he didn't, that would make him a liar.

And we all know THAT'S not possible. :wacko:

I agree with you that,

The timing looks really bad. But maybe he didn't want the idiots at the league office to know about other personal conversations.

No. Brady says he didn't say that. Which was my point. One of them is lying. If it's Goodell, although people like you will valiantly defend the semantics, he should go.

No. Brady says he didn't say that. Which was my point. One of them is lying. If it's Goodell, although people like you will valiantly defend the semantics, he should go.

I'll take that bet.

I'll take that bet.

I know you will. That's my other point.

http://www.wired.com...ake-zero-sense/

Of course, Brady already offered to help the league procure his messages directly from his contact’s phone—a fact the NFL admitted in a footnote in their latest decision. As much fun as we all had imagining Brady crushing his phone, turning the chassis into dust, it not only wasn’t true, it wouldn’t have worked. Sorry NFL, but if you thought that was enough to nail him, you might want to rethink your investigation tactics.

http://profootballta...-text-messages/

If nothing else, the NFL can (when it wants to) master the art of public relations. Sure, the league screwed the pooch in the Ray Rice debacle last year, failing to realize that a video existed and that it would inevitably be leaked. But while the #DeflateGate episode has featured many very real flaws regarding the substance of the case, the league has done a great job of getting its messages out in a strong, clear way.

It started, of course, with the mistaken air pressure information from the initial letter to the Patriots, in which league executive Dave Gardi told the team that one of the footballs measured at 10.1 PSI — even though none of them were that low. It quickly continued with the leak of blatantly false information to ESPN that 11 of the 12 Patriots footballs were a full two pounds under the 12.5 PSI minimum. This cemented the notion that someone deflated the footballs, leaving only two questions: (1) who did it?; and (2) who knew about it?

Months later, it became clear that the information was incorrect. But the damage already had been done, with a curiosity instantly morphing into a multi-million-dollar investigation and the Patriots thrown against the ropes from the outset of the fight.

The P.R. mastery continued with the release of the Ted Wells report, which created the initial widespread impression that the Patriots cheated, and that quarterbackTom Brady knew about it. By the time those in the media inclined to digest the 243-page opus began to notice the warts, the narrative had been locked in by those who admittedly didn’t bother to roll up their sleeves and start reading.

The coup de grâce came Tuesday morning, when the league leaked to ESPN that “Brady destroyed his cell phone,” locking in the notion that something sinister — and irreparable — had occurred. The press release announcing the decision likewise focused on the destruction of the cell phone, raising eyebrows from sea to shining sea and reinforcing for many the idea that Brady had something to hide, and that he tried to hide it.

But like the much longer Wells report, closer inspection of the Goodell decision undermines the primary conclusion. And, as usual, the Achilles heel can be found in a footnote.

Specifically, it can be found at footnote 11 on page 12: “After the hearing and after the submission of post-hearing briefs, Mr. Brady’s certified agents offered to provide a spreadsheet that would identify all of the individuals with whom Mr. Brady had exchanged text messages during [the relevant time] period; the agents suggested that the League could contact those individuals and request production of any relevant text messages that they retained. Aside from the fact that, under Article 46, Section 2(f) of the CBA, such information could and should have been provided long before the hearing, the approach suggested in the agents’ letter — which would require tracking down numerous individuals and seeking consent from each to retrieve from their cellphones detailed information about their text message communications during the relevant period — is simply not practical.”

In English, here’s what the footnote means: Although the text messages couldn’t be retrieved directly from Brady’s phone, his agents provided all of the phone numbers with which Brady exchanged text messages. His agents also said that the league could attempt to get the actual text messages from the phones of the people with whom Brady communicated, but the league refused to attempt to try, claiming that it would be too hard to track down the various people and to persuade them to cooperate.

How hard would it be? Goodell’s ruling points out that “nearly 10,000 text messages” were exchanged on Brady’s phone in a four-month period, but Goodell’s ruling doesn’t provide the total volume of numbers that sent text messages to or received text messages from Brady’s “destroyed” phone. At an average of 2,500 text messages sent and received per month, which works out to an average of 83 sent and received per day (with some people surely sending and receiving a lot of short messages to and from Brady), how many people was he actually communicating with?

More importantly, how many of those people are Patriots employees, how many are family members, how many are friends, how many are people who would have no reason to be saying anything to or hearing anything from Brady about this specific case?

“I very much look forward to hearing from Mr. Brady and to considering any new information or evidence that he may bring to my attention,” Goodell said last month. And so Brady admits that he has a habit of dismantling his phone when he buys a new one, he provides the full list of phone numbers with which the dismantled phone communicated, and Goodell nevertheless refuses to try to identify the persons with whom Brady exchanged messages or to obtain the actual content of them, despite the commitment to “considering any new information or evidence.”

The league arguably opted not to track down the text messages or to match them up with text messages that the league already harvested from other phones, like the one used by John Jastremski, because the league already had the silver bullet it needed to win convincingly in the court of public opinion.

Tom Brady destroyed his cell phone.

It was expertly leaked to ESPN by the same league office that had expertly leaked the 11-of-12 footballs falsehood to ESPN.

It’s a theme that will be adhered to even though Brady made available the phone numbers necessary to reconstructing the contents of the messages.

The details don’t matter once the message takes root. For #DeflateGate, a couple of giant oaks are growing at the NFL’s equivalent of Toomer’s Corner. The first one? 11 of 12 footballs were two pounds under the minimum PSI.

The second?