Golden Boy Tom Brady suspended four games

Brett Favre refused to cooperate with the League during his texting scandal. He was fined.

"Probably knew" is simply not valid grounds to discipline anyone....but that never stops private businesses.

• Like 2

A just punishment that will likely and unfortunately be reduced on appeal.

That is what most of the ESPN brain trust is saying. As it should be.

If they wanted him suspended for 4 games, they should have suspended him for 8 games.

But given what happened, he may have to serve all 4 games in the end.

He'll serve the 4, they made it 4 because the 5th game is a Sunday Night Football game. The NFL know what's important.

• Like 1

We will see. Too bad he had to put a blemish on things. Completely unnecessary. The team least needing to cheat chronically does so. Sad. Good thing a great player is not also above the rules, however. If this was a shit quarterback for the Jags everyone would let him hang. Cheating is cheating. The suspension is essentially a PED type suspension. Very fair.
  • Like 1

Silliness to suspend him to begin with and I got no skin in this game. Just my opinion...
  • Like 1

Silliness to suspend him to begin with and I got no skin in this game. Just my opinion...

The Skins will get skinned again! 5-11 this year with RG3 cut by November and out of the league (ie to the Raiders)...

• Like 2

I agree. Who cares if the ball is not inflated all the way. It's a rule I get that. Why not let the teams inflate how they want, and use those balls when they have possession. It gave him no real advantage, other than throwing a ball he likes. We're not talking a lot of PSI dudes. f***ing silly
  • Like 4

I agree. Who cares if the ball is not inflated all the way. It's a rule I get that. Why not let the teams inflate how they want, and use those balls when they have possession. It gave him no real advantage, other than throwing a ball he likes. We're not talking a lot of PSI dudes. f***ing silly

Agreed. Much ado about nothing in my view...
  • Like 1

"Just"? All you folks piling on Tom remind me of the lyrics (ironically enough) from "Witch Hunt." Which this is.

Wilfully and arrogantly breaking rules like sneaks. f**k these guys.

Which the Wells Report never proved. It alleged that TB "probably" knew something. I'm going to laugh when this is overturned and Der Komissar Badell is given his walking papers.

They are chronic cheaters and he is guilty. f**k this guy.

Spoken like a truly disgruntled Indy fan

No. I'm not a fan of cheating. And I'm also not a fan of favoritism, which is the road this could have gone down.

My guy Robert Mathis got a four-game suspension himself for taking a fertility drug (and that was no cover...he and his wife were and eventually became with child). It was his fault for not checking to see if that drug showed up on the banned substance list. I don't view that as willfully taking performance enhancing drugs under those circumstances and hoped the league would consider that fact, but it was what it was...and ignorance is no excuse, in his case or any other.

You Tommy homers need to take it like a man and quit your crying. If he'd just come out and pleaded ignorance (yeah, I did it...had no idea it was wrong, etc) he'd have gotten a $25K fine and this would be over. But we're talking an organization with a history of cheating and thinking they're above the rules.

Once again, they got caught. Deal. :D

Really, really sad too. If the Jaguars cheated it would be no more "right"...but it certainly would be more understandable. They suck....they're looking for any port in a storm. The Pats cheating are like the 4.0 valedictorian chick in your high school -- already the smartest person in your school, bar none -- getting caught cheating on the SAT exams. Why?!

Ridiculous. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. ;)

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 2

"Just"? All you folks piling on Tom remind me of the lyrics (ironically enough) from "Witch Hunt." Which this is.

What are you some kind of New England Patriot bandwagoner or something?? :moon:

And you folks defending him sound like sorry apologists. If this were Geno Smith you wouldn't give two craps. :D

We will see. Too bad he had to put a blemish on things. Completely unnecessary. The team least needing to cheat chronically does so. Sad. Good thing a great player is not also above the rules, however. If this was a shit quarterback for the Jags everyone would let him hang. Cheating is cheating. The suspension is essentially a PED type suspension. Very fair.

What is your take on MLB pitchers doctoring the ball? The longest suspension is about 10 games or .96% of a season, not 25% of a season.