Am I The Only One Who Thought Lincoln Was...

tomhealey

I was watching some footage of Xanadu and Hemispheres from Lincoln and Alex looked a bit like he was in a shitty mood. Geddy ran up to him during an instrumental in one of the videos, and he really didn't seem too enthusiastic about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MG_sAix46A

Yeah... In the Xanadu vid, Geddy comes over to do that "back against back" think like they did in Exit... Stage Left, and Big Al won't have anything of it, to Geddy's surprise... I did notice Alex struggling a bit, and he HAS gotten cranky in his old age, and I did notice Geddy struggling to sing Xanadu, but come on... It's a live show..... You can't expect everything to be perfect all the time, especially in 2015.... The guys brought all their doublenecks (Geddy has 2!!), Neil has 2 kits!!!!! INCLUDING the setup that made him what he is... And turned us all into MUSICIANS back in the early '80's.... I saw Paul McCartney twice in 2010 & 2011... He was 70+... Of course he can't crank out Live And Let Die like it's 1976... It's part of getting old..... These guys could be sitting on their hands, in a Garden (Pun intended), somewhere, watching their tulips grow... But they're back on the road...I've even seen Neil Laugh a few times in the vids.. You can SEE that smirk on Geddy's face in the official R40 trailer from Rush.com when Geddy is up front, with his BRAND NEW Fireglo doubleneck..... It's just a friggin concert... Everybody should just have fun.... AND we got to watch almost the whole thing thanks to Bob and his girlfriend!! HOW COOL IS THAT???? Like someone said, the first time in history we could watch a LIVE RUSH concert without even being there... I had chills during Jacob's Ladder... Just sitting here, and watching it LIVE... Enjoy the tour, people...... I know I am so far!!! :sundog:

Bob's WIFE (or at least the mother of his children per his Twitter account) was accompanying Bob to the concert.

As well as a hat wearing friend. Bob was kind enough to not only broadcast the show, but also Mrs. Bob and friend rocking out. Yay!

Mrs. Bob was enjoying adult beverages throughout the show. Yay!

The more she drank, the more she danced and the more Bob showcased her moves instead of the band. yay.

Throw in more frequent random extreme close ups of friend face and other Rush fan in row rocking out and air drumming till the phone died. yay.

All teasing was in good fun and an important life lesson to not let your loved ones live stream your drunkenness to the masses on the internet.

<inset The More You Know music here>

• Like 3

Yeah from what i seen Al is unusually off.

Going through the motions. Old stuff. Night after night. Week after week.

Creative people dont like going through motions.

Shoulda done a few new tracks first.

on the other hand, just ironing out a few mental gremlins.

I'm always getting things wrong, sorry.

Bob's WIFE (or at least the mother of his children per his Twitter account) was accompanying Bob to the concert.

As well as a hat wearing friend. Bob was kind enough to not only broadcast the show, but also Mrs. Bob and friend rocking out. Yay!

The more she drank, the more she danced and the more Bob showcased her moves instead of the band. yay.

Throw in more frequent random extreme close ups of friend face and other Rush fan in row rocking out and air drumming till the phone died. yay.

All teasing was in good fun and an important life lesson to not let your loved ones live stream your drunkenness to the masses on the internet.

Puppyloo, thank you. Now I know the whole story. I thought it was a joke at first because I wasn't here Sunday. I appreciate you taking the time to tell me. :)

BREAKING NEWS- MAN FROM NEBRASKA GIVEN REALITY TV Show

Bob from Nebraska, his wife and his friend have just been awarded a reality TV show according to the TV critic of the Yukon Blade Grinder.

• Like 1

Bob from Nebraska, his wife and his friend have just been awarded a reality TV show according to the TV critic of the Yukon Blade Grinder.

Don't listen to that YBG tv critic. Verify everything he writes.

• Like 1

Don't listen to that YBG tv critic. Verify everything he writes.

Not only that, but in case you do not know, the YBG employs some very strange folks, and the Editor-in-Chief is stranger still.

Stick with The Enquirer for the facts.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Yep...i'm sure he's bored playing songs that haven't been done in up to 38 years.

• Like 1

After listening to both shows in their entirety to my ears it sounds like Alex needs to relax, like he's trying too hard to play it perfectly.

Alex is uptight, Geddy's voice is what it is.

But, damn, the Professor is on his game. Go figure, from the guy that hates touring!

• Like 2

Yep...i'm sure he's bored playing songs that haven't been done in up to 38 years.

Chucking in a few brilliant oldies that were hammered to death decades ago doesnt freshen things up. Artists need to create. Even clockworkwork angels is old hat now. Just a handful of new tracks would've given this tour much greater impetus and energy, would've been a real buzz goin on.

As it is, i love the band and i love you lot but, it's really just regurgatated old sh*t.

Not enough maybe to completely focus and sharpen a rock god like Al's mind.

Heck we all get bored doin the same old sh*t, however much money you makin outa it.

I was watching some footage of Xanadu and Hemispheres from Lincoln and Alex looked a bit like he was in a shitty mood. Geddy ran up to him during an instrumental in one of the videos, and he really didn't seem too enthusiastic about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MG_sAix46A

Bar one night in Florida Alex has been cheery for what, 60 years?

I say give the man a break for one show :D

EDIT: Or he could be thinking "Damnit, this sounds like crap tuned 4 steps down!!!"

Edited by Del_Duio

One thing I've alway's loved about Rush is that they still come out every night with something to prove, even after all this time. I would imagine early in the tour they're still ironing out some of their mechanics, and Al's probably just highly focused on getting everything right. Along with this focus would be a bit of angst when bugs occur. A few more shows in after bugs have been resolved and things will be more fluid allowing for a more relaxed and playful state...

I still have no idea how these guys, or precise bands like them, deliver every nuance and complex passage of this type of music song after song, night after night. One flub up by any member could have disasterous train wreck implications. So yes, the pressures on at this point. Fast forward 6-10 shows in and it's a whole new ball game for Alex and company.

• Like 1