Am I The Only One Who Thought Lincoln Was...

tomhealey

The lincoln show is ROUGH as all HELL vocally. i say that coming off of tulsa which i thought was GREAT vocally.

Mick

If you don't have anything nice to say....shhhhhh!

Shut it no i will not kiss ass, lol. Twas swiss Rush at it's finest.

Mick

Not saying anything is kissing ass? Sorry Mick...wrong!!!

The lincoln show is ROUGH as all HELL vocally. i say that coming off of tulsa which i thought was GREAT vocally.

Mick

Mick

Kiss the butt Mick...kiss...the...butt...

• Like 1

I just watched a pretty good quality boot of Between the Wheels from Lincoln on Youtube. The solo (my second favorite Alex sole, behind Limelight, by the way) is just so disappointing. A mess. Not sure what the issue was with that last night. Just watch Alex' body language. Not happy.

I just watched a pretty good quality boot of Between the Wheels from Lincoln on Youtube. The solo (my second favorite Alex sole, behind Limelight, by the way) is just so disappointing. A mess. Not sure what the issue was with that last night. Just watch Alex' body language. Not happy.

It happens unfortunately. Being able to get everything in synch is no easy task. Then stuff has to actually work when you attempt to use it. You know they had soundchecks and things were working properly before the show.

Concert gremlins

• Like 2

Cut him some slack. First time played live since S/A Tour and it's only the second show. They'll get the mishaps worked out as the tour progresses.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Not saying anything is kissing ass? Sorry Mick...wrong!!!

'

Your right i'm just used to getting the Appreciate what you have comments it was an automatic response. Still a bad vocal outing.

Mick

It happens unfortunately. Being able to get everything in synch is no easy task. Then stuff has to actually work when you attempt to use it. You know they had soundchecks and things were working properly before the show.

Concert gremlins

I'm sure all these kinks will be worked out by the time i watch their last show in L.A. :)

Concert gremlins

I'm sure all these kinks will be worked out by the time i watch their last show in L.A. :)

Yeah screw the midwest...they're all testing grounds for the REAL shows.

Just kidding. Stuff needs to be checked twice dammit

Three little pigs went to the market

It failed as a thread stopper. We must put our heads together and think of something better!

ATOMIC BOMB!

• Like 1

Three little pigs went to the market

It failed as a thread stopper. We must put our heads together and think of something better!

ATOMIC BOMB!

I understand that works like a charm each and every time! :)

Lemme check my stock cupboards...might have one still somewhere...

• Like 1

Cut him some slack. First time played live since S/A Tour and it's only the second show. They'll get the mishaps worked out as the tour progresses.

That solo is SICK, and over the Periscope feed it was obvious he struggled though it; I'm sure he practiced it 100 times today!

I wonder what's going on with Alex? He messed up at the end of Xanadu at Tulsa too.

In case you guys are wondering...this stuff is hard to play. Lot's of stuff to do

--A guy who can play difficult music

• Like 8

I had noticed and commented in another thread that Alex has seemed very reserved. I had thought that maybe he was ill during the Tulsa show, having acted very workmanlike in comparison with his usual outgoing stage persona and it's continued in Lincoln. I did see some of the apparent problems that Geddy was having with his ear monitors, but I wasn't aware of any instrumental problems or cutouts (except for the occasional missed note). Could be just working out all the kinks that are common at the beginning of a tour.

BTW, I'd love to go through a thread that doesn't constantly segue into Periscope. It totally gummed up the Lincoln spoiler thread last night. Don't care about Bob or his girlfriend or if he's puking in the bathroom. Not being cranky but it would be great for a thread to not immediately veer off on some tangent and instead remain focused on the topic intended by the original poster.

This is the 1st time in HISTORY anyone is able to watch a concert live that they are not at. Do you not understand how cool that is??

If you do not like the technology, don't watch.

As for people commenting, the 1st show people called the filmer Santa, it's expected. Especially in here.

Busting balls is to be expected. Multiple people comment on the song title, then other things, it's a long night.

Lighten up Francis....

So

Totally. It sounds like Wheels is more after a straight setlist reveal. The RIB site offers that. I had it open in another window.

I wonder what's going on with Alex? He messed up at the end of Xanadu at Tulsa too.

In case you guys are wondering...this stuff is hard to play. Lot's of stuff to do

:goodpost: The whole show is so demanding. Old fingers are gonna struggle. Lets' just appreciate that they are giving us the dream set.
  • Like 2

I was watching some footage of Xanadu and Hemispheres from Lincoln and Alex looked a bit like he was in a shitty mood. Geddy ran up to him during an instrumental in one of the videos, and he really didn't seem too enthusiastic about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MG_sAix46A

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

I had noticed and commented in another thread that Alex has seemed very reserved. I had thought that maybe he was ill during the Tulsa show, having acted very workmanlike in comparison with his usual outgoing stage persona and it's continued in Lincoln. I did see some of the apparent problems that Geddy was having with his ear monitors, but I wasn't aware of any instrumental problems or cutouts (except for the occasional missed note). Could be just working out all the kinks that are common at the beginning of a tour.

BTW, I'd love to go through a thread that doesn't constantly segue into Periscope. It totally gummed up the Lincoln spoiler thread last night. Don't care about Bob or his girlfriend or if he's puking in the bathroom. Not being cranky but it would be great for a thread to not immediately veer off on some tangent and instead remain focused on the topic intended by the original poster.

I was not at Lincoln but felt that Alex was a bit reserved in his demeanor in Tulsa. I too noticed that he was looking down at his playing much more than I can remember...and not much of his jokester/prankster persona. Not sure about the technical issues, but surely they can pop up from time to time. Their show has lots of moving parts. I thought the sound was great and was ecstatic about the show in general.

I have no doubt it is hard to play, but he did so well playing the first 10:35 of a song that hasn't been played in its entirety since - when? - 1984/5??, that it was ashame he should mess up the last few seconds.

I was not at Lincoln but felt that Alex was a bit reserved in his demeanor in Tulsa. I too noticed that he was looking down at his playing much more than I can remember...and not much of his jokester/prankster persona. Not sure about the technical issues, but surely they can pop up from time to time. Their show has lots of moving parts. I thought the sound was great and was ecstatic about the show in general.

He was still feeling bad about swearing at that puppet.