Am I The Only One Who Thought Lincoln Was...

tomhealey

rough from a production standpoint? The whole first set, and about halfway into the second, it looked like their ear monitors either weren't working at all, or weren't turned up very high. Geddy kept hitting the sides of his head and yelling offstage, and Alex was clearly upset with his setup as well. More gesturing to the sides than I've seen in a long while. I thought it resulted in some fairly tentative playing at times, along with what I thought were more than the usual amount of flubs. Unfortunately, these issues forced Alex and Geddy to really focus on their playing, which limited the usual mid-song interaction with the crowd.

I wasn't there and didn't see the show so I couldn't comment. The "periscope" thing I watched for a while wouldn't lend itself to knowing that sort of detail at least in my opinion. Not sure that periscope thing is for me at all in general. Drives me nuts. Everyone else seems to love it and that's great... :)

rough from a production standpoint? The whole first set, and about halfway into the second, it looked like their ear monitors either weren't working at all, or weren't turned up very high. Geddy kept hitting the sides of his head and yelling offstage, and Alex was clearly upset with his setup as well. More gesturing to the sides than I've seen in a long while. I thought it resulted in some fairly tentative playing at times, along with what I thought were more than the usual amount of flubs. Unfortunately, these issues forced Alex and Geddy to really focus on their playing, which limited the usual mid-song interaction with the crowd.

Tom was this from you being at the show? Or were you watching with the rest of us?

Our feed, was grainy at best.

Also can anyone who was in Lincoln add to this.

Be careful what you say about Lincoln around here though. :ph34r:

Tractor

I had noticed and commented in another thread that Alex has seemed very reserved. I had thought that maybe he was ill during the Tulsa show, having acted very workmanlike in comparison with his usual outgoing stage persona and it's continued in Lincoln. I did see some of the apparent problems that Geddy was having with his ear monitors, but I wasn't aware of any instrumental problems or cutouts (except for the occasional missed note). Could be just working out all the kinks that are common at the beginning of a tour.

BTW, I'd love to go through a thread that doesn't constantly segue into Periscope. It totally gummed up the Lincoln spoiler thread last night. Don't care about Bob or his girlfriend or if he's puking in the bathroom. Not being cranky but it would be great for a thread to not immediately veer off on some tangent and instead remain focused on the topic intended by the original poster.

• Like 1

I had noticed and commented in another thread that Alex has seemed very reserved. I had thought that maybe he was ill during the Tulsa show, having acted very workmanlike in comparison with his usual outgoing stage persona and it's continued in Lincoln. I did see some of the apparent problems that Geddy was having with his ear monitors, but I wasn't aware of any instrumental problems or cutouts (except for the occasional missed note). Could be just working out all the kinks that are common at the beginning of a tour.

BTW, I'd love to go through a thread that doesn't constantly segue into Periscope. It totally gummed up the Lincoln spoiler thread last night. Don't care about Bob or his girlfriend or if he's puking in the bathroom. Not being cranky but it would be great for a thread to not immediately veer off on some tangent and instead remain focused on the topic intended by the original poster.

This is the 1st time in HISTORY anyone is able to watch a concert live that they are not at. Do you not understand how cool that is??

If you do not like the technology, don't watch.

As for people commenting, the 1st show people called the filmer Santa, it's expected. Especially in here.

Busting balls is to be expected. Multiple people comment on the song title, then other things, it's a long night.

Lighten up Francis....

So

• Like 5

This is the 1st time in HISTORY anyone is able to watch a concert live that they are not at. Do you not understand how cool that is??

As for people commenting, the 1st show people called the filmer Santa, it's expected. Especially in here.

Busting balls is to be expected. Multiple people comment on the song title, then other things, it's a long night.

Lighten up Francis....

So

Yeah, really. We do joke around a lot here on TFF. Since Wheels is new, he wouldn't know that.

If you want serious, go to church. :LOL:

• Like 3

Since Lorraine asked, I was second row center at Tulsa (which didn't have nearly as many of these issues, but also had a week of rehearsal time), and front/center at Lincoln.

Most fortunate man!

To have noticed what you did, I figured you had to be right up there.

Lighten up Francis....

So

First if all - Bob is real as his girlfriend. Bob was the guy periscoping and his girlfriend, well depending on who comments here, was present at the concert. Let's leave it at that.

I am so blown away by periscope! The 67 year old in me thinks is can get boring and the constant lag is super annoying. The 27 year old in me is stoked that I can sit here in the northeast, in the comforts of my "evening attire" (moccasins included) and watch a live performance of my favorite band! Wicked!

As for the OP, I can only imagine (since I was only virtually there and watching in the distance when the camera wasn't on Bobs girlfriend) that the pounding of the head and the shouts to off stage was more of a "why aren't we playing more New Jersey/New York instead of this no where Hicksville" than anything.

Oh - and "Mooooooo".

Edited by dtpoet
  • Like 1

:moon:

Popcorn, Narps? :popcorn:

Don't mind if I do :popcorn: and to wash it down :d13: ... Thanks dear
  • Like 2

Don't care about Bob or his girlfriend or if he's puking in the bathroom

Bob and his girlfriend are a figment of a member's imagination. It's a joke. Just so you know.

I've been informed that Bob and his girlfriend are quite real. Somehow I thought they were made up characters.

My apologies to Bob and his little lady. :)

Edited by Lorraine

Bob and his girlfriend are a figment of a member's imagination. It's a joke. Just so you know.

Lorraine...Bob is real. What we saw last night was perhaps more enjoyable than watching the concert...if you can believe that.

• Like 3

Lorraine...Bob is real. What we saw last night was perhaps more enjoyable than watching the concert...if you can believe that.

Where did I get the idea they were made up??? :unsure:

I do apologize to Bob and his girlfriend. We have much to be grateful to him for.

• Like 1

Three little pigs went to the market
  • Like 1

The lincoln show is ROUGH as all HELL vocally. i say that coming off of tulsa which i thought was GREAT vocally.

Mick

:ph34r: ....
  • Like 1

The lincoln show is ROUGH as all HELL vocally. i say that coming off of tulsa which i thought was GREAT vocally.

Mick

If you don't have anything nice to say....shhhhhh!

Shut it no i will not kiss ass, lol. Twas swiss Rush at it's finest.

Mick

• Like 4