Is Alex wearing a piece?

ljr869

I don't blame him. He looks terrible with that big bald spot in the back.

Alex makes some of the best guitar face in rock. It would look weird with out hair.

Absolutely. Rock is about hair, and lots of it. :)

Well there IS an entire genre of metal dedicated to hair. Early Alex must have inspired some L.A. Hair Band types.

The entire 80's genre. Where would Poison and Skid Row be without their hair?

I sometimes think that a lot of those 80s guys were wearing wigs from the beginning. Hard enough to put together a band of four decent players, but when you add "having god like hair" to the criteria, it'd be just about impossible.

Oh no doubt some probably were.

Always thought that. Especially since so much of it looked fake anyway.

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/uploads/monthly_06_2012/post-37-0-77967000-1338927189.gif

Touch a nerve?

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/uploads/monthly_06_2012/post-37-0-77967000-1338927189.gif

Touch a nerve?

No I just found this gif and I was searching for a thread to post it in. This was the best one I could find!

Alex? He's as bald as my arse!! And even in a wig he'd be as bald as a bald eagle.

And as for my hair, hah it's a dominant animal, a totally separate entity from myself. :AlienSmiley:

• Like 1

Alex makes some of the best guitar face in rock. It would look weird with out hair.

Not necessarily... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YZcaTjVsWnY/TgzAEOKvuSI/AAAAAAAAAmw/DHPdyt2uY1M/s1600/rob-halford19-570x379.jpg

• Like 3

Not necessarily... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YZcaTjVsWnY/TgzAEOKvuSI/AAAAAAAAAmw/DHPdyt2uY1M/s1600/rob-halford19-570x379.jpg

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/63/6314228287eb3adba76a4c78f0f604c85056f69bd96d08646594366505b841d7.jpg

Yeah well he's a genre unto himself. :LOL:

• Like 2

I've never taken much notice to Al's hair over the last several years. It's a complete non factor to me. He can play completely bald and I wouldn't give a damn either way. As long as he can still do his job on stage, who cares? Edited by J2112YYZ

Wish I could say the same but I must admit that to me Alex is a little less of a rock god without his hair and his excess weight. Jimmy Page on the other hand has managed to hold it all together, and despite his hair being grey and a little thinner, he's still the epitome of coolness.
  • Like 1

Glam rock is. Rush is aboot more than hair. Shave it all Alex. It doesn't matter anymore.

Is it fair to pick on Alex? He is not the only one to deal with aging issues. How many 62 year old men have a thick black head of hair like Ged? You don't think Neil has had work done?

Who gives a flying f**k as to the hair content of musicians?

Seriously... utterly retarded thoughts amongst us mere mortals who don't have a job that consists of 'entertaining others who don't perform onstage for others'.

I am 44... gots me a wicked-assed Friar Tuck hairline, which I have been shaving bald daily for 7 years. And, I have Never, EVER given a SHIT about who has a wig... who has real hair... who has transplants....

I care about WHO plays REAL instruments, real (VS Canned) music, who actually performs live at their shows.

RUSH could all show up at their shows balder than cue-balls... and it would still be a 'WINNING day!'

Who gives a flying f**k as to the hair content of musicians?

Seriously... utterly retarded thoughts amongst us mere mortals who don't have a job that consists of 'entertaining others who don't perform onstage for others'.

I am 44... gots me a wicked-assed Friar Tuck hairline, which I have been shaving bald daily for 7 years. And, I have Never, EVER given a SHIT about who has a wig... who has real hair... who has transplants....

I care about WHO plays REAL instruments, real (VS Canned) music, who actually performs live at their shows.

RUSH could all show up at their shows balder than cue-balls... and it would still be a 'WINNING day!'

Lighten up a little. It's all in fun.

• Like 3

Alex has had work done to his hair going back to about the early 90s. He let it slide for a while and had a major restoration done before the last tour.

Andrew, how are you? Are you going to the Toronto shows?? :)

I'm good Lorraine, thanks for asking :) I didn't get tickets for either show because I didn't want to sit in the nosebleeds, and it was a lot of cash for two decent seats. I will probably go last minute though as I work right at the ACC, so when they release last minute tickets I'll be right there. Thought it might be a good time to introduce my 17 year old son to the band.

If I were you, I would do the same. :hug2:

I've never taken much notice to Al's hair over the last several years. It's a complete non factor to me. He can play completely bald and I wouldn't give a damn either way. As long as he can still do his job on stage, who cares?

I agree. Who cares if he has hair or not? Personally, I just wish he wouldn't bother trying to cover up any bald spots, but he's been obsessed with going bald since the seventies.

Is it fair to pick on Alex? He is not the only one to deal with aging issues. How many 62 year old men have a thick black head of hair like Ged? You don't think Neil has had work done?

Just curious as to what work you think Neil has had done? Love and respect the guy to death but his look kind of reflects the years on the bike . . . .he has a rugged handsomeness to him but I don't think his hairline has had any work done. Geddy reminds me of my husband's family- the men lucked out in the gene pool and keep full thick hair just about forever- I'll probably lose my hair before my husband does! :P

Edited by blueschica

Just curious as to what work you think Neil has had done? Love and respect the guy to death but his look kind of reflects the years on the bike . . . .

The only obvious thing they've had done is have their teeth fixed.

Just curious as to what work you think Neil has had done? Love and respect the guy to death but his look kind of reflects the years on the bike . . . .

I''m glad you said that; I thought I noticed that once and then I thought maybe it was just my eyes! :) (OK, not with Geddy. . .)

Thank god this isn't true

Thank god this isn't true

It is in my world. :D

• Like 1

I''m glad you said that; I thought I noticed that once and then I thought maybe it was just my eyes! :) (OK, not with Geddy. . .)

Yeah all three of them. :)

• Like 1

Personally I have been lucky, most of my hair is still with me--and not too much grey.

I have no fear of going grey--but honestly I would look ridiculous completely bald(I have an enormous head) and I would probably try rogaine and if that didn't work I would probably look into hair plugs, couldn't bear wearing a wig, I hate hats and can imagine that being worse.

vain--probably but at least I am honest.

Personally I have been lucky, most of my hair is still with me--and not too much grey.

I have no fear of going grey--but honestly I would look ridiculous completely bald(I have an enormous head) and I would probably try rogaine and if that didn't work I would probably look into hair plugs, couldn't bear wearing a wig, I hate hats and can imagine that being worse.

vain--probably but at least I am honest.

There's good new procedures now for hair loss. They don't really do plugs now. They do the follicular transplant thing. Very expensive though.