POINTLESS POLL 8! The synth era albums: which is best?

Segue Myles

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these four albums do you think is the best of the "synth era"?

:o

...a handshake then?

Beef jerky goes so well with cupcakes too.

Bacon goes great in maple syrup flavoured cupcakes, or used to make sweet relish that goes divine with cheese...

I've never had such a cupcake, but I do like to put syrup on my bacon.

Try one if you get the chance...

Bacon goes great in maple syrup flavoured cupcakes, or used to make sweet relish that goes divine with cheese...

I will have to visit the local cake shoppe...I can't recall if I've ever actually seen one before (in person, I mean- I did see the image you posted of the cupcake with the bacon hat).

• Like 1

I will have to visit the local cake shoppe...I can't recall if I've ever actually seen one before (in person, I mean- I did see the image you posted of the cupcake with the bacon hat).

Lick the screen...

Lick the screen...

Ehhhmmm...no thank you, all the same.

• Like 1

I learned in Kuwait of all places at a steakhouse that bacon in chocolate chip cookies is DELISH!

• Like 1

:o

...a handshake then?

Have you washed your hands lately?

YESH!

Power Windows because it's the 2nd best Rush album in my opinion. (GUP is 3rd, Signals is 8th and HYF is 11th.)

What's first?

Power Windows because it's the 2nd best Rush album in my opinion. (GUP is 3rd, Signals is 8th and HYF is 11th.)

What's first?

Moist!

(Sorry...I had to. I know you're asking a serious question, but I couldn't resist).

I can't decide :( I love all of them. The synth era was kind of a shock to me since I was introduced to Rush first with All the World's a.Stage when I was 10 in around 1977, but Signals grew on me instantly and I eagerly awaited the rest. The only albu I had a hard time accepting was Test for Echo.

GUP is the album that got me hooked on Rush, just love it. Signals is second (love Countdown :blush: ) then Power Windows and HYF (Mission is so good) :sundog: Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

All 4 are great albums!!!

Signals has the best song (Subdivisions) with HYF having the 2'nd best song (Time Stand Still).

Power Windows and HYF stand out slightly above Signals and Grace. But to pick between HYF and Power Windows is very, very hard. Finally went with HYF but depending on the mood I am in I could have voted for Power Windows.

Grace Under Pressure for me, by a fair bit. It sounds like nothing else in their catalogue to my ears, and I love it for that. As the years have gone by I've begun hearing Signals more as an album in the group with Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves--they make kind of a perfect trio when you think about it--than to do with the "synth" albums that followed. Grace Under Pressure is the big change for me. I'm still learning to love Power Windows and Hold Your Fire, though I certainly find both albums much more listenable now than I did when they came out.
  • Like 1