No Europe Tour?

based on setlist, films before each set, etc., I have been resigned to the fact that Rush will not tour in Europe.

:o

I don't understand. How does the setlist dictate where they're gonna play??

I don't get that either. Someone please explain :)

Perhaps the meaning is, oops, we really would have to transfer this to the R40 Tour thread for me to opine, but I am pretty certain I understand. Almost had the 73 police after me, whew! It's so tough to tell in the mobile view.

https://www.youtube....player_embedded

Min 17:08.

Geddy talks about new tour (R40). "Probably next spring, and probably do the world tour".

I think that they will do and European leg. And I really hope that!

I really hope so as well... but that video is not enough proof...

That video was filmed mid-late 2014 so they had time to edit it and make an episode. It aired in February. So he may have been talking generally about the current leg.

And I'm soooo glad I'm able to see them on this tour! :banana:

Which show(s) are you catching?

Dallas - Houston - NO & first YYZ :)

That'll be an awesome run!! Unlikely...but trying to figure if I can make it up to YYZ.

If you make it to YYZ you better be there for the Wednesday show!

If I make it...and as much as I hate to say it, that's a massive IF, it will definitely be both shows.

We should talk about Philly, though....much more realistic for me.

• Like 1

That'll be an awesome run!! Unlikely...but trying to figure if I can make it up to YYZ.

If I make it...and as much as I hate to say it, that's a massive IF, it will definitely be both shows.

JC, how many do you think you'll be going to?

Ahhhh Philly.

I'm so hoping the DVD will be recorded there :)

Edited by Catch The Mystery

Ahhhh Philly.

Lerxt, aren't you close to Philly? It's not a sure bet ?

JC, who is looking to take the TRF crown for most shows? Any go the fans looking to see 20, any regulars here?

I am seriously looking into adding Philly or Boston. So exciting. Can't say why....cuz it's a spoiler free zone here.

But I really get the no Europe comments due to setlist made above, makes perfect sense.

I hope they will do a leg in Europe within the next 12 months. I would be disappointet, if I couln't see them one last time here in Europe.

If I read, how much preparation they boys needed for the R40 Tour - then I doubt they would this all do for just a dozen dates overseas. They began rehearsing in March (at the latest) - so it means 2 months hard work before the 1st concert! Not to forget the physical trainings - they all have to be in shape - not so easy in the early 60ies...

So, IF they come to Europe, there will be a 2nd leg in the USA. Otherwise, this wouldn't make sense. And remember: The last 2 times in Europe, there were not more than 10-12 dates....

On the other hand: If I see how fantastic this R40-concerts are, I doubt that they all built this incredible show for just 35 dates in the US and then waste it all away maybe forever...

I'm so hoping the DVD will be recorded there :)

From the rumblings I've heard...you may be in luck ;)

JC, who is looking to take the TRF crown for most shows? Any go the fans looking to see 20, any regulars here?

I am seriously looking into adding Philly or Boston. So exciting. Can't say why....cuz it's a spoiler free zone here.

Can't recall the guy's name (met way too many folks in Tulsa!!) but he's got, I think, 25 shows planned. I spoke to several others who have got between 10-20. Hell...if I could afford to do it, I would too!! No question!!

Philly is pretty much a definite addition for me. Bristow is more than a 50% chance since I can rent a car and drive down without missing any work. Then I'd like to hit one of the left coast gigs if I can swing it.

Edit: Oh wait..sorry...you did say TRF people. Don't think they guy I'm thinking of posts here. I'm pretty sure I know one person here who has more shows in the hopper than I do but no idea who's got the most.

Edited by Justin Case

, I doubt that they all built this incredible show for just 35 dates in the US and then waste it all away maybe forever...

Agree!

They said that this tour would be "the last tour of this magnitude", and 35 dates in the USA is not the "magnitude" that they usual do.

So, I think they will do a whole world tour. Dates in South America, in Europe and a 2nd leg in USA.

, I doubt that they all built this incredible show for just 35 dates in the US and then waste it all away maybe forever...

Agree!

They said that this tour would be "the last tour of this magnitude", and 35 dates in the USA is not the "magnitude" that they usual do.

So, I think they will do a whole world tour. Dates in South America, in Europe and a 2nd leg in USA.

They never said this is the last tour "of our typical magnitude"...they said "of THIS magnitude". What's happened in the past is irrelevant. They will not be doing 35+ show tours ever again. This tour will not be extended. It is basically over. The sooner people get their head around that, the easier it will get for them. The first step is to admit and face the reality. Sorry to be blunt about it.

And...for whatever it's worth...I do sympathize with the Euros. One of my all time favorite artists is the Velvet Underground and Lou Reed. When the VU reunited in '93, they only played Europe and everything fell apart before a US leg was finalized. I was unable to see Lou perform for the last 6 years of his life...not because he was retired, but because he only played in Europe, with only a small handful of domestic shows...and not a single one in his home city of New York. Unfortunately, my reality set in when he died. Let's be thankful that is not the case here....

• Like 1

Agree!

They never said this is the last tour "of our typical magnitude"...they said "of THIS magnitude". What's happened in the past is irrelevant. They will not be doing 35+ show tours ever again. This tour will not be extended. It is basically over. The sooner people get their head around that, the easier it will get for them. The first step is to admit and face the reality. Sorry to be blunt about it.

And...for whatever it's worth...I do sympathize with the Euros. One of my all time favorite artists is the Velvet Underground and Lou Reed. When the VU reunited in '93, they only played Europe and everything fell apart before a US leg was finalized. I was unable to see Lou perform for the last 6 years of his life...not because he was retired, but because he only played in Europe, with only a small handful of domestic shows...and not a single one in his home city of New York. Unfortunately, my reality set in when he died. Let's be thankful that is not the case here....

But you think that 35 dates in only USA can be called "magnitude"? I really don´t think so. Have to be something more.

What makes you think that "this magnitude" refers only to the number of dates?

What other kind of "magnitude" they could be refer? Maybe with magnitude they refer to a play shows shorter. Maybe.

But, seeing the antecedents tours, you can´t said "this is the last tour of THIS magnitude" and do only a tour of 35 dates.

To said that, you have to do at least (or similar) a same tour that the last tour you do.

If I would do in 2012 a tour with 234 dates, I can't announced a new tour in 2015 with only 30 dates and said "last tour of this magnitude", cause my "magnitude" is bigger.

I know that I explain myself really bad, sorry. But in my mind the idea is clear. :D

What other kind of "magnitude" they could be refer? Maybe with magnitude they refer to a play shows shorter. Maybe.

But, seeing the antecedents tours, you can´t said "this is the last tour of THIS magnitude" and do only a tour of 35 dates.

To said that, you have to do at least (or similar) a same tour that the last tour you do.

If I would do in 2012 a tour with 234 dates, I can't announced a new tour in 2015 with only 30 dates and said "last tour of this magnitude", cause my "magnitude" is bigger.

I know that I explain myself really bad, sorry. But in my mind the idea is clear. :D

Ummm...size of the stage production for one thing. Length of shows. Magnitude can mean a lot.

Obviously, you are convinced that there is more and nothing I say will change that, which is fine. Honestly, for you and the other Euro fans, I hope you get some shows. Personally, though, I don't see it happening. But time will tell, I suppose.

Ummm...size of the stage production for one thing. Length of shows. Magnitude can mean a lot.

Obviously, you are convinced that there is more and nothing I say will change that, which is fine. Honestly, for you and the other Euro fans, I hope you get some shows. Personally, though, I don't see it happening. But time will tell, I suppose.

I think 35 is the cutoff number of shows because a tour needs to earn a minimum revenue for overhead. If they do 20 shows, they won't be able to produce such an overwhelming production. No details of course, this is spoiler free.

As time progresses, it really seems like R40 is a goodbye tour. Hope I'm wrong. My wife says no way BTW, they will be in NY again.

All are opinions, your and mine, of course. You can convince me if you have a declaration of Geddy, Alex, Neil o Ray saying that in R40 tour they don´t come to Europe. If not, I will continue thinking that they gonna come. And maybe I´m wrong, of course.

However, there is the declaration of Geddy to the program Rock Icons saying "probably next spring" referring a new tour, which is done (current Leg), and "probably world tour",which I wanna believe that come true too.

But, like you say, time will tell.

All are opinions, your and mine, of course. You can convince me if you have a declaration of Geddy, Alex, Neil o Ray saying that in R40 tour they don´t come to Europe. If not, I will continue thinking that they gonna come. And maybe I´m wrong, of course.

However, there is the declaration of Geddy to the program Rock Icons saying "probably next spring" referring a new tour, which is done (current Leg), and "probably world tour",which I wanna believe that come true too.

I know the part of Rock Icons that you are referring to, but I think that occurred in 2014 and it was Spring of 2015 that he was referring to. Unfortunately for some, if that is the case then things appear to have changed.

I definitely have not heard a firm 'no' to anything, so who really knows at this point? Anything can happen...

I know the part of Rock Icons that you are referring to, but I think that occurred in 2014 and it was Spring of 2015 that he was referring to. Unfortunately for some, if that is the case then things appear to have changed.

I definitely have not heard a firm 'no' to anything, so who really knows at this point? Anything can happen...

The Spring starts March 20th and finish June 21th. So, what he said to the program has been true hahaha. :D

It´s all under control.

I would be very, very surprised if there is not either a Europe leg or a South America leg still to come (Spring 2016), followed by a second trip through other U.S. Venues in the Fall of 2016. If it does not happen, the likely reason would be health issues, but I would bet money that the tour will go on.

OMG, leave it to the internet to wrangle and squeeze useless meanings out of simple assertions.

Those who wager on the Forum being their last show for a long while...and those who don't expect any further 'real' touring after August 1st...are the folks who are going to be most at peace with Rush's retirement.

Time is a master of us all.

Edited by Bard
  • Like 1