The missing nugget. A.K.A. Do you realize what they DIDN'T play?

Snaked

Now I'm well aware that some people will say this is a bad thing but to me it's amazing in a very positive way...

We just saw a RUSH concert where they didn't play Limelight, YYZ or Freewill.

That's pretty friggin awesome IMNTBHO.

Not that any of those songs are bad.. on the contrary. They've just been severely overplayed live through the years.

Now theres a few other I could have put on this list (namely Natural Science and LVS) but these songs have at least taken a break from the setlist on occasion.

I'm so glad they choose to give those 15 minutes to something else. Like PRELUDE! ;)

• Like 8

But they still did play Tom Sawyer and The Spirit of Radio, so, can't win 'em all.

Also, that tourbook image did list both YYZ and Natural Science, so I wouldn't get your hopes up about that yet, they'll probably get rotated in. As a YYZ lover I'm personally hoping for that.

Completely agree with you although Freewill has missed a couple of tours so wouldn't call it too much of a staple. Limelight was played only a few times on CA.

This officially means that Tom Sawyer is the lone survivor of being the only song played at EVERY rush show. YYZ would have been up there but now that it is a rotate song can't say that it is an every show staple.

Snaked … had another question since you were at the show. The video credits tour book listed something called Ask Al as a video.. was there anything there that night that showed this? Or is this something new that might pop up tomorrow?

• Like 1

Completely agree with you although Freewill has missed a couple of tours so wouldn't call it too much of a staple. Limelight was played only a few times on CA.

This officially means that Tom Sawyer is the lone survivor of being the only song played at EVERY rush show. YYZ would have been up there but now that it is a rotate song can't say that it is an every show staple.

Snaked … had another question since you were at the show. The video credits tour book listed something called Ask Al as a video.. was there anything there that night that showed this? Or is this something new that might pop up tomorrow?

I didn't see anything that would relate to "Ask Al" and I was watching for it.

So.. no clue.. YET!

Pretty sure Tom Sawyer was not played on the Hemispheres tour! :codger:

Hahah you know what I'm getting at though, basically since Moving Pictures tour..

I think everyones been assuming the Ask Al video is some kind of acoustic related segue. in the tour book they have it between Hemispheres and 2112. I was hoping for Different Strings live, he could always start with some kind of acoustic segue and go into it. But between these two albums I can't even think of an acoustic song that fits… maybe the trees?

I do agree with Limelight being over played nearly every tour up until now, but still, for what was their last tour, they should've played it. It's easily one of their most recognizable and well-known songs ever. Also it would have been cool if they brought out some more songs never played live or not played often, like Afterimage, Emotion Detector (especially since they completely ignored a good chunk of the 80s material on the R40 tour, but probably because they pulled a lot of it out for the CA tour), Chain Lightning would've been nice, The Trees, La Villa and even Cut To The Chase. New World Man, which hasn't been played since the 2002 Vapor Trails tour, would've been nice to hear also, but they already had Subdivisions and Losing It, so they were good on their Signals load. Speaking of Vapor Trails, even though it isn't a popular opinion of a good Rush album, I enjoyed it quite a bit and have a couple of tracks that I wished they played. Nocturne, The Stars Look Down and I would've loved to hear Earthshine one more time. I would say more early Rush songs, but they did play a lot of their older stuff on R40 anyways like Jacob's Ladder, Xanadu, Prelude, Lakeside Park & Cygnus X-1, though you have to also keep in mind of Geddy's vocal range. But if his voice wasn't a factor, then sure, I'd like to hear: By-Tor, Bastille Day, The Twilight Zone, Something For Nothing & Cinderella Man.