R40 Intro Video

JohnRogers

Anybody got the full video? Let's discuss the images, fun! What's with the sausage and Sawyer's Soup?

http://youtu.be/wI0W2B8s5Ls

Thanks for putting this up! I have been listening to the audio all day and trying to imagine what went with the opening clip. Yeah, I don't get the sausage. But at around 1:19 ,why does it show Alex coming into Tulsa on crutches?? And then when their shadows take the stage, Neil's and Geddy's land and Alex's shadow gets up from a wheelchair! Did he have a knee or hip replacement or something?? The rest of the clip is fascinating as well, but i wonder if they were trying to say something there . . .

Edited by blueschica

The sausages were a gag from the TM tour.

Nothing serious just the boys being silly.

Sawyer's Soup... you gotta watch "The Boys in Brazil" to get the meaning if you're good at reading between the lines... ;)

• Like 1

Sawyer's Soup... you gotta watch "The Boys in Brazil" to get the meaning if you're good at reading between the lines... ;)

It's all about the soup. And don't touch my sausage.

• Like 1

It's all about the soup. And don't touch my sausage.

The last time somebody grabbed my sausage, I had to get remarried!

• Like 3

As it shows Peart with his sausage (his...frankfurter), he has black smudges under his eyes (?), and a newspaper floats past him. I can't make out what it says.

If I noticed correctly there was a point where they had a sign saying Tulsa. Are they going to make it different for every show for that city. Or was that just acknowledging that this starts in Tulsa. Seems like it would be a pain in the ass to change that every night.

If I noticed correctly there was a point where they had a sign saying Tulsa. Are they going to make it different for every show for that city. Or was that just acknowledging that this starts in Tulsa. Seems like it would be a pain in the ass to change that every night.

I had that question mulling aboot my head as well.

I know Tulsa, been living in Oklahoma for 15 years. What was a "great city for a drag" aboot?

I had that question mulling aboot my head as well.

On the CA tour their opening movie also included a city name that varied per destination as well. My guess is they've made 30+ copies of this movie. One for each destination. Adjusting the city name per movie is an easy job I guess :)

Neil's moustache has a crayon in it!!! Obviously showing that hes willing to revisit the "preschool" years on this tour haha!!

For those keeping score, the subtitle for Austin was "Keep Austin Weird" (local slogan), and Houston was "The Capital of Air Conditioning."
  • Like 1

For those keeping score, the subtitle for Austin was "Keep Austin Weird" (local slogan), and Houston was "The Capital of Air Conditioning."

Lincoln was "Home of the Real Red Sea"

Lincoln was "Home of the Real Red Sea"

Interesting! I assume that's a reference to college ball.

There needs to be a thread dedicated to those!

Tulsa: A Great Place For Drag

Lincoln: Home of the Real Red Sea

Twin Cities: Two Is Better Than One?????

St. Louis: Go Cards Go

Austin: Keeping It Weird

Dallas: Our Cheerleaders Are Better

Houston: The Capital of Air Conditioning

There needs to be a thread dedicated to those!

Tulsa: A Great Place For Drag

Lincoln: Home of the Real Red Sea

Twin Cities: Two Is Better Than One?????

St. Louis: Go Cards Go

Austin: Keeping It Weird

Dallas: Our Cheerleaders Are Better

Houston: The Capital of Air Conditioning

Excellent idea! I just started a thread with this batch of blurbs: http://www.therushfo...m-city-to-city/

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 1