After weighing in all factors for attending the R40 show.....

GeminiRising79

After combing through all pertinent variables including BluesChica's R40 instagram photo link, youtube vids, and setlist for Tulsa, I have noted the following critical parameters of the show

Multiples of historically-significant and unique instrumentaria- Check

Historically-significant loudspeaker system- Check

Heterogeneous, nonwallofsound sonic quality- Check

Significant/critical representation of songs from classical period- Check

High-calibre visual effects representation- Check

Musicians in (relatively) top-form, performancewise in every aspect- Check

Fog- Check

Minimalization of posthiatal material- Semi-Semi-check

Critical, full experential period-specific show ambiance(setting)- Check

Effort taken in appeasing the traditionalist/purist original/core discriminating followers: Exceptional- Check

Logo-emblazoned t-shirt or hipster sneakerwear worn by lead singer: Absent- Check

R40 show-quality score(unattended): 4.75/5 stars

Based on the above factors I WILL be attending the May 30 R40 show!! (in close proximity to band nucleus :) It is now appropriate to state..FCK YES! I have been awaiting a show of this magnitude for decades. The Syrinx priests (yes, Rush) have finally acknowledged and embraced "ancient ways". Never thought I'd see them go full circle (not backwards!). I commend thee, Alex, Ged, and Neil on going the distance in making this historically-relevant tour idea a reality!

Thanks again for all who helped compile Tulsa info for me!

Best,

Kurt

Edited by GeminiRising79
  • Like 8

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

^^^ This and :cheers: ...
  • Like 1

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

[Lorraine likes this post]

Seems my like button is on the fritz again.

• Like 1

Logo-emblazoned t-shirt or hipster sneakerwear worn by lead singer: Absent- Check

If he wasn't wearing his hipster sneaks, what did he have on his feets?

Yeah he did have on his Chucks.

• Like 1

:LOL: Very resourceful l must say...

:LOL: Very resourceful l must say...

And very appropriate at this moment. :LOL:

• Like 1

Wait. What? Noooooooooo! .01 point deduction!! :)

• Like 3

I did lol at the idea of geddy being a "hipster" for wearing...blue jeans and converse? and t-shirts? :LOL: thank god kurt cobain made it okay for rockers to dress comfortably on stage!
  • Like 1

man, this set f***ing kicks ass. I think this is the closest they'll come to pleasing literally every rush fan. unless the synth era's your favorite, but I mean, if it is you shoulda seen em last time!
  • Like 6

man, this set f***ing kicks ass. I think this is the closest they'll come to pleasing literally every rush fan. unless the synth era's your favorite, but I mean, if it is you shoulda seen em last time!

You are really excited, aren't you? You normally don't sound so enthusiastic. :)

• Like 1

Ok man, here's your card back. I appreciate you changing your tune on Clockwork Angels. I knew if you actually listened to it, you'd love it.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/RUSH%20card_zpsnsbflzdh.jpg

You are really excited, aren't you? You normally don't sound so enthusiastic. :)

of course!

• Like 1

I realize Im considered an outlier among Rush fans, but if they can please me it will be a grand slam for them for this tour. They've really pulled it off this time around!

• Like 4

They did play Subdivisions, so Synthie era...check.

Ok man, here's your card back. I appreciate you changing your tune on Clockwork Angels. I knew if you actually listened to it, you'd love it.

I have yet to subject myself to this album. Im serious!

Don't.

I'm serious!

• Like 2

I realize Im considered an outlier among Rush fans, but if they can please me it will be a grand slam for them for this tour. They've really pulled it off this time around!

GeminiRising79 is a happy excited Rush Fan...?

This actually puts a smile on my face...

Enjoy the show!!! Especially the 2nd set.

• Like 1

Did I see lasers on one video or was it just a bad recording...???

Those were lasers all right. And lots of 'em!

Don't.

I'm serious!

Just listen to Headlong Flight.