Up PERISCOPE!!!!

live R40 links

409 replies to this topic

#21 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 8609 posts
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

Oh, I thought it was tonight! My bad...

:facepalm:

Sponsored Post

#22 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7471 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Sports

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:09 PM

This was the best technological innovation I've seen in a while. So Cool!

#23 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21752 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:39 PM

View PostRod in Rio, on 09 May 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

Oh, I thought it was tonight! My bad...

:facepalm:

Yeah at least one night in between each show.  :D

#24 kentpilot

kentpilot

The Seeker

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

So can we not use is  this if we don't have an iOS device?

#25 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23383 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:08 PM

View Postbootlegguy, on 09 May 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Am I the only person who feels sorry for the person who's night is ruined holding up their phone the entire time instead of watching whilist throwing hands in the air at the appropirate moment
I'd never do it but it's my ticket. If someone wants to do it I'm fine. This tour will basically be Sold Out.

#26 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:11 PM

I was able to watch it on my desk top...then later on I watched it on my iPad...

Edited by Jaminbenb, 09 May 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#27 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8902 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:22 PM

View Postkentpilot, on 09 May 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

yes you can, I briefly used it on my crappy old HP laptop with shittier windows 7 or vista or some worthless shit.

#28 bootlegguy

bootlegguy

The Seeker

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:53 AM

I hope I have the oppritunity to check this out on Sunday night via Nebraska, sit with a beer and watch a mediocre live iPhone feed.

#29 greyfriar

greyfriar

River Rhine BurgerMeister

• Members
  • 7919 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

I'm pumped and ready for Lincoln. Hope someone is in the audience who feeds us with a stream. :madra:

#30 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6451 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

View Posttheredtamasrule, on 09 May 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

View Postkentpilot, on 09 May 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

yes you can, I briefly used it on my crappy old HP laptop with shittier windows 7 or vista or some worthless shit.

My tablets did not work (iPads and a surface). Had to power up the PC and it work. But I needed the gracious TRFers to post a link cuz my version did not have a search feature.

#31 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:03 AM

I'm not so sure about Periscope. This type of app can cause phones to be banned from events such as movies and concerts. I bet the film companies are really worried. I wouldn't be surprised to see venues install some type of signal scrambler to stop this from happening.

#32 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

Big Hat Funny!

• Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:01 PM

View PostMr. JD, on 10 May 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

I'm not so sure about Periscope. This type of app can cause phones to be banned from events such as movies and concerts. I bet the film companies are really worried. I wouldn't be surprised to see venues install some type of signal scrambler to stop this from happening.
It's only been around a few months. People have been fliming movie bootlegs with their phones for years.
The way companies fight technology, this hypothetical, James Bond jamming signal you speak of, should be in place by the
Summer of 2034

#33 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 10 May 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

It's only been around a few months. People have been fliming movie bootlegs with their phones for years.
The way companies fight technology, this hypothetical, James Bond jamming signal you speak of, should be in place by the
Summer of 2034
I don't think it's that hypothetical, but your right. Any kind of widespread implementation of that type of technology would probably end up going thru the court system first. By that time, Periscope will be old school.

#34 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

Big Hat Funny!

• Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostMr. JD, on 10 May 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 10 May 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

Summer of 2034
I don't think it's that hypothetical, but your right. Any kind of widespread implementation of that type of technology would probably end up going thru the court system first. By that time, Periscope will be old school.
Just like Napster, until something is done legally about it. Jump in.
I personally would not waste my time streaming a video of a ball game, a trip to the mall or a Rush concert, but hey I'm glad people are doing it.
I caution, we are never guaranteed a feed from ANY Rush show, you just have to find it.

#35 snowdog212

snowdog212

The Seeker

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

They should just sell PPV for all bands set up 1 camera next to soundboard charge  descent fee Win for everyone

#36 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3885 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

View Postbootlegguy, on 10 May 2015 - 12:53 AM, said:

I hope I have the oppritunity to check this out on Sunday night via Nebraska, sit with a beer and watch a mediocre live iPhone feed.

I salute the sacrifice. I'd be enjoying the show myself. Of course this makes it possible to enjoy it when you're not even there.

I'd love for this to continue throught the whole tour, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.  Can these be saved for future viewing?

#37 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6451 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:31 PM

for a pay per view event, I agree

for a Rush concert that isn't otherwise available, I don't see any issue at all. No one is going to skip going or not buy the blu ray for a grainy and choppy concert video. Plus, better video has been avail on you tube for a long time and hasn't hurt sales.

plus, I thought the Rush performance and light show was so impressive I am looking into travelling out of town for a third show

so periscope has actually increased business!!

#38 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4651 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:38 PM

How much data does periscope use? I'd be afraid of going over and getting a massive phone bill.

#39 Londonguy1

Londonguy1

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostCygnus 2112, on 10 May 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

How much data does periscope use? I'd be afraid of going over and getting a massive phone bill.

I used about 2G Friday night.  Have to cut her back a bit.

#40 Puppyloo

Puppyloo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Good food, good music and shitty movies

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:58 PM

I only hope that those who are doing the streaming are at least being courteous enough to those around them to not hold their phones high and dimming the brightness of the screen. Because if not and I were behind them, the show you're going to witness on the stream wouldn't be that of Geddy, Neil and Alex. ( :
(Not to sound like a total crabby old lady, but at Hozier concert the other night I had to politely inform the lady in the row ahead of me that her constant recording - ON A 7 INCH TABLET - was distracting. SMH)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users