Jump to content


Up PERISCOPE!!!!

live R40 links

409 replies to this topic

#1 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53800 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

So,  a lot of people are asking about the Periscope feed from last night.  Some people were using the phone app to broadcast the show.  I thought it might help if we had a thread for Periscope feeds each night.  For example...

5/8/15 Tulsa:  https://www.periscop...sRMhLLbo1LN7g==

Last night, people wanting to check the show could have clicked above instead of scrolling through pages and pages of posts.

Sponsored Post

#2 Bytor and the Snow-Dog

Bytor and the Snow-Dog

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 232 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tucson, Az
  • Interests:Music, outdoor activities, nature, etc...

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:07 PM

Does it take forever to load? I just only get a black screen with grey lines moving across.

#3 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 60986 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:08 PM

View Postgoose, on 09 May 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

So,  a lot of people are asking about the Periscope feed from last night.  Some people were using the phone app to broadcast the show.  I thought it might help if we had a thread for Periscope feeds each night.  For example...

5/8/15 Tulsa:  https://www.periscop...sRMhLLbo1LN7g==

Last night, people wanting to check the show could have clicked above instead of scrolling through pages and pages of posts.

Never heard of it until last night, then watched end of show with it.  As an old fart... mucho amazed and enamored.  Got to experience the moment when we were surprised.

#4 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53800 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostBytor and the Snow-Dog, on 09 May 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Does it take forever to load? I just only get a black screen with grey lines moving across.
It was instant for me last night.  WiFi and a PC.

#5 snowdog212

snowdog212

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 407 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo NY

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

I couldnt get it on my comp either just a black screen oh well

#6 Bytor and the Snow-Dog

Bytor and the Snow-Dog

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 232 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tucson, Az
  • Interests:Music, outdoor activities, nature, etc...

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

Ahh ok I'm on mobile

#7 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

    Big Hat Funny!

  • Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

Backstory- This app, is so new, actually only been around a few months. It's use exploded during the Mayweather/ Pacquiao fight.
No one wanted to pay $99 to watch the fight.
The easiest way to 'find' Periscope events. Download the app to your smartphone. Sync a PC to your phone through Gmail etc. (I don't have Apple maybe someone who does can explain it better)
Another easy way is to have Twitter. And search for the hashtag #Periscope. If tech savvy people are fliming, they are posting to their Twitter like that.

#8 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

    Big Hat Funny!

  • Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

Everyone check this-

DOES THIS WORK??

https://www.periscop...RB6St3FutUkjdxt

#9 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

    Big Hat Funny!

  • Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

The dude above is Periscoping his trip to Target

That's how it works

#10 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5864 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:37 PM

I think this thread is a great idea, if we keep up with it: also that way it would be maybe be worth their while for Segue, Zumbi or Bowl City to be up or get up late at night and catch the live stream of the show!  It was so awesome to be able to see it last night.  Ethically, with having a family member in the arts, I feel a little conflicted about Periscope but I didn't care last night, it was too much fun!  (where is the hypocrite emoji, bwa ha ha!)

Edited by blueschica, 09 May 2015 - 01:39 PM.


#11 tangy

tangy

    The Great Progholio

  • Members
  • 9381 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

The last night of this tour should be available for pay per view


Thanks for the heads up about this app.

#12 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6471 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

    Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

View Postblueschica, on 09 May 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

I think this thread is a great idea, if we keep up with it: also that way it would be maybe be worth their while for Segue, Zumbi or Bowl City to be up or get up late at night and catch the live stream of the show!  It was so awesome to be able to see it last night.  Ethically, with having a family member in the arts, I feel a little conflicted about Periscope but I didn't care last night, it was too much fun!  (where is the hypocrite emoji, bwa ha ha!)


I see the ethics a little differently. I do not believe folks would skip buying the R40 Blu ray or skip a live concert because they watched a grainy amateur mobile video.

I am actually considering adding Philly or Boston to my NYC and NJ shows because of the periscope!

So periscope is actually generating more ticket sales for Rush!! But in the case of pay per view events you are right, it will absolutely hurt sales.

.

Edited by Gabrielgil513, 09 May 2015 - 01:46 PM.


#13 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5864 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 09 May 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 09 May 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

I think this thread is a great idea, if we keep up with it: also that way it would be maybe be worth their while for Segue, Zumbi or Bowl City to be up or get up late at night and catch the live stream of the show!  It was so awesome to be able to see it last night.  Ethically, with having a family member in the arts, I feel a little conflicted about Periscope but I didn't care last night, it was too much fun!  (where is the hypocrite emoji, bwa ha ha!)


I see the ethics a little differently. I do not believe folks would skip buying the R40 Blu ray or skip a live concert because they watched a grainy amateur mobile video.

I am actually considering adding Philly or Boston to my NYC and NJ shows because of the periscope!

So periscope is actually generating more ticket sales for Rush!! But in the case of pay per view events you are right, it will absolutely hurt sales.

.
Oh, good point!  I never did do pay per view anyway.  Yeah, now that I think about it, last night was so awesome I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people went out and bought tickets for extra shows.  And I don't usually buy the DVD but I'n already planning to for this if it's a similar setlist. . . .

Edited by blueschica, 09 May 2015 - 02:11 PM.


#14 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3784 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:18 PM

If you're happy with mediocre cell phone quality audio and video, I guess periscope could affect PPV demand. In the case of the concert last night, I think it served as an appetizer for the main course which is attending the live concert.

#15 bootlegguy

bootlegguy

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 161 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Edmonton, AB, Can

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:13 PM

Am I the only person who feels sorry for the person who's night is ruined holding up their phone the entire time instead of watching whilist throwing hands in the air at the appropirate moment

#16 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

    The Elitist Booby Type

  • Members
  • 8915 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Central KY

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:50 PM

I got the app & watched it on my iPhone last night...worked like a dream.

#17 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

    The Elitist Booby Type

  • Members
  • 8915 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Central KY

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:51 PM

Yes it's not hd quality and hi fi stereo experience but what the f**k do you expect for free on a phone.

#18 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

    Big Hat Funny!

  • Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

it was funny during the Mayweather/ Pacquiao fight,  the 1st Periscope feed i was watching during the 3rd round, dude quickly turned
the phone around , looked at the 381 people watching and said, 'Guys this is my wife calling, I have to to take this call".
BOOM FEED KILLED.
Always expect the feed to end at some point,....

#19 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

    Crushed in Rio

  • Members *
  • 8618 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:30 PM

Any links for tonight?

#20 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostRod in Rio, on 09 May 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

Any links for tonight?

You mean tomorrow? Not that I've seen so far.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users