First Set Discussion:

losingit2k

I think the Second set was perfect or nearly perfect! I wouldn't change a darn thing. Which brings me to the topic of the first set. You have to first understand that they have so many songs from Signals through Clockwork Angels that its hard to choose 10 songs. Which Is why I believe some songs will be rotated in the next few shows. We'll soon see! The other thing is I think they went for their rocker, heavier, more well known songs in their catalog. Anyway what Changes or Rotations (which still might happen) would you make to the first set if you could while keeping what you liked about the first set and keeping their Reverse Chronological descent into the madness that was that perfect second set.

Set 1:

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight (With out Drum Solo)

Far Cry

TMMB / Mal-Nar

One Little Victory/ Driven (With Bass Solo)

Animate / Cut to the Chase or Stick it Out

Roll the Bones / Show Don't Tell

Distant Early Warning

Subdivisions

There are my rotations what are yours?

• Like 1

I like your options there… the only albums not represented last night were Power Windows, Presto, HYF, T4E. We know Big Money will replace DEW. They could use the DEW slot to represent the synth era. So to represent these other albums here goes:

DEW - Big Money or HYF track (Force Ten, Turn the Page, Mission?)

RTB - Show Don't Tell?

MMB - Limbo?

Another option is One Little Victory for Test for Echo

Obviously not every record will be represented every night but for the tour in general would be good if they could get to every album on some nights.

Another thing I was thinking was no way Geddy can hold up with Lakeside Park/Anthem every night. Can definitely see some changes happening.

Lakeside Park - Bastille or Bald?

What Your Doing - Finding My Way or In the Mood?

• Like 2

I think the Second set was perfect or nearly perfect! I wouldn't change a darn thing. Which brings me to the topic of the first set. You have to first understand that they have so many songs from Signals through Clockwork Angels that its hard to choose 10 songs. Which Is why I believe some songs will be rotated in the next few shows. We'll soon see! The other thing is I think they went for their rocker, heavier, more well known songs in their catalog. Anyway what Changes or Rotations (which still might happen) would you make to the first set if you could while keeping what you liked about the first set and keeping their Reverse Chronological descent into the madness that was that perfect second set.

Set 1:

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight (With out Drum Solo)

Far Cry

TMMB / Mal-Nar

One Little Victory/ Driven (With Bass Solo)

Animate / Cut to the Chase or Stick it Out

Roll the Bones / Show Don't Tell

Distant Early Warning

Subdivisions

There are my rotations what are yours?

Headlong flight i think they keep the drum solo - it fits perfectly.

mal-nar - sure

driven - sure. i think TFE, HYF and/or PW will be addressed on Setlist B

cut to the chase - oh yeah, really want that. But there's a reason it's never been live and I think the solo is a bear for Al.

stick it out - meh, maybe. people are pretty ambivalent about SIO and animate.

show don't tell - i'd prefer this, but they put effort into RTB video and Ged likes RTB so I think it stays.

I'm calling carnies to replace anarchist on setlist B.

• Like 1

With comedy/celebrity aspect of RTB, that's staying in every show, unless you have them all in bunny suits for Show Don't Tell, then those two are rotatable!

The two album opening songs I'd like to see are TFE and Show Don't Tell. The only way I could see them making the set are rotating with two of these three: Animate, One Little Victory, and The Anarchist.

For the second set, they shouldn't touch it.

Edited by bordercollie
  • Like 1

I like the choices of the op. But hey, the songs on the first set were SO fast paced that even certain ones I didn't care much about - RTB, Main Monkey Business - sounded incredible!
  • Like 2

I like the choices of the op. But hey, the songs on the first set were SO fast paced that even certain ones I didn't care much about - RTB, Main Monkey Business - sounded incredible!

The video made Roll the Bones awesome. Am I in the minority here?

• Like 3

Right back atcha!!!

Neil's solos were even more straight to the point this time, and I didn't find them excessive. Haven't felt like that about his solos for a looooooong while!

• Like 2

Right back atcha!!!

Neil's solos were even more straight to the point this time, and I didn't find them excessive. Haven't felt like that about his solos for a looooooong while!

Dude I didn't even know you can run out of likes. You got all of them I think. LOL

• Like 1

Looks like they will switch Wreckers with Anarchist which is a puzzler to me. I think the first 3 songs are strong heavy in your face to start of a show, Wreckers will slow that down. Whoever mentioned Carnies I would love that over any other song on CA. The pyro on that last tour was amazing. But I don't think we will see anything else from CA apart from Wreckers.

Im sure plenty of people were against RTB but it sounds like with the production it makes sense to have that over anything else from that album. Doubt it will be a rotate song, but would be good if they put something from Presto in that slot.

The main thing I am worried about is JACOBS LADDER, if that is not a constant there will be riots. I could maybe handle Camera Eye in that spot but if they switch that with Natural Science its going to piss people off a lot.

• Like 2

The main thing I am worried about is JACOBS LADDER, if that is not a constant there will be riots.

It needs to be every night for sure. I wonder if they're getting off on it? The crowd was spaced out during that performance I noticed. No energy from the crowd is a downer to the performer. Does that make sense? Nothing to feed off of. All I can go by was the periscope viewing, so I didn't notice a lot of interaction
  • Like 1

No You're not. It was unexpected and a welcome change. The Trailer Park boys were funny. If that's who they were?

The main thing I am worried about is JACOBS LADDER, if that is not a constant there will be riots.

It needs to be every night for sure. I wonder if they're getting off on it? The crowd was spaced out during that performance I noticed. No energy from the crowd is a downer to the performer. Does that make sense? Nothing to feed off of. All I can go by was the periscope viewing, so I didn't notice a lot of interaction

I think people were in shock? Did we just witness RUSH playing Jacob's Ladder? Was I dreaming again? Was it the meth?

Headlong Flight was frantic too...I just couldn't believe how heavy it sounded!

Just keep posting and I'll keep hitting the like button

Yeah it did sound better without the strings!

:haz: :haz: :haz:

If they rotate Jacob's Ladder out of this set, two-thirds of the audience will faint and drop to the floor creating a massive impact wave that will spread out triggering countless of Seismographs before reaching Wyoming to trigger a massive earthquake which in turn will force the Yellowstone Caldera to erupt driving the earth into a unprecedented nuclear winter where most if not all living organisms will perish! In Short it will be bad!

:scared:

Edited by losingit2k

Holy mother of arse kicking setlists!! Now that's a rock show kiddies, if the boys handed me a pen and said "give us a list" the second set woud be it! Lakeside Park, Anthem, AND What Your Doing in an encore, are you fooking kidding me!!

I hope they only play with set one as far as rotating, doubt they rotate JL but what the hell do I know. Maybe switch out Red B with another MP tune (although i hope not) and SOR with Freewill.

• Like 1

Nope! The video ruled.

• Like 1

THIS-

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Is UNACCEPTABLE- 3 songs

Last I checked T4E, HYF and Power Windows outsold CA.

Move 2 of the CA songs out, replace with 2 of above.

Does anyone else think CA deserves 3 songs?

NO OTHER ALBUM was represented by 3 SONGS!!!