Specifics of show.. your input please

GeminiRising79

After reviewing last night's setlist I can say that outside of the first 5 songs the setlist, I am impressed, but want to ask you guys a few questions if you'll oblige me (I realize I've created some nonfriends here!):

What was Alex and Ged's guitar inventory and what was the general sonic quality? Wall of sound? More raw and heterogeneous? Both? Speaker brand(s)?

Stage setup and ambiance?

Demeanor of the guys?

Thanks if u can lend me your input. I'll be getting home from an international flight 3 hrs before the concert here and will be pooped. Want to be sure this show was all 9s! Thanks!

• Like 1

Asking the sheeple for advice?

Actually no! There are a fair number of members that can discern between an 18 oz. filet and a schit sandwich.

Looks like you are to me. Fling your pompous and predictable insults all you want. I'm sure you're very impressed with yourself.

Actually no! There are a fair number of members that can discern between an 18 oz. filet and a schit sandwich.

Looks like you are to me. Fling your pompous and predictable insults all you want. I'm sure you're very impressed with yourself.

Because I generally hold differing opinions on Rush with u and most others I'm pompous n full of myself? Quite the contrary if u knew me personally. It is you that chooses to be my adversary.

• Like 2

Quite the contrary if u knew me personally.

I happen to know GR79 personally. We ride together. I'm the captain in this video, GR is the stoker in back. Team player all the way! Riding tandom bikes takes effort, and GR79 is all aboot the effort

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

I happen to know GR79 personally. We ride together. I'm the captain in this video, GR is the stoker in back. Team player all the way! Riding tandom bikes takes effort, and GR79 is all aboot the effort

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAJh9xWbIbo

Lucky for u my phone won't let me watch :)

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAJh9xWbIbo

Lucky for u my phone won't let me watch :)

Well when you see the video, i'm sure you'll remember that day

After reviewing last night's setlist I can say that outside of the first 5 songs the setlist, I am impressed, but want to ask you guys a few questions if you'll oblige me (I realize I've created some nonfriends here!):

What was Alex and Ged's guitar inventory and what was the general sonic quality? Wall of sound? More raw and heterogeneous? Both? Speaker brand(s)?

Demeanor of the guys?

Thanks if u can lend me your input. I'll be getting home from an international flight 3 hrs before the concert here and will be pooped. Want to be sure this show was all 9s! Thanks!

They all used many different types of guitars/basses.

Alex used a normal les Paul and his axcess model. A tele and strat also! Geddy used a fender, ric, and a couple others that I don't remember.

Stage set up at the beginning was like the clockwork angels tour, and by the end of the concert it was like a highschool gym. They had "1974 high school" signs and (i can't remember the word) stuff hanging up. As the show went on, they added the washing machines etc, and then they started removing stuff. Alex had a whole stack of marshals it was awesome!

• Like 1

Demeanor of the guys?

Alex used a normal les Paul and his axcess model. A tele and strat also! Geddy used a fender, ric, and a couple others that I don't remember.

Stage set up at the beginning was like the clockwork angels tour, and by the end of the concert it was like a highschool gym. They had "1974 high school" signs and (i can't remember the word) stuff hanging up. As the show went on, they added the washing machines etc, and then they started removing stuff. Alex had a whole stack of marshals it was awesome!

Geddy played a couple Thunderbird basses. It was weird.

Here is a review from the Tulsa local paper that has some details for you- http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/music/review-rush-brings-years-of-iconic-rock-to-the-bok/article_4cc92f24-ba57-59a4-8eaf-40b024eef258.html

Here is a link to photos of the stage sets and the guitars that people have tagged on Instagram-

https://instagram.com/explore/tags/r40tul/

The show was Periscoped by a few people that were there last night so many of us got to watch it live streaming. You don't have to worry about it being 9's- it was 10 ++++++ !!!

• Like 1

Ged used three different Rickenbackers: the classic black one on Tom Sawyer, the double neck, and one I didn't recognize--the top part that juts forward over the neck was rounded instead of squared off.
  • Like 1

Demeanor of the guys?

A whole stack of Marshalls, eh?

Thank u very much Pars :)

Here is a review from the Tulsa local paper that has some details for you- http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/music/review-rush-brings-years-of-iconic-rock-to-the-bok/article_4cc92f24-ba57-59a4-8eaf-40b024eef258.html

Here is a link to photos of the stage sets and the guitars that people have tagged on Instagram-

https://instagram.com/explore/tags/r40tul/

The show was Periscoped by a few people that were there last night so many of us got to watch it live streaming. You don't have to worry about it being 9's- it was 10 ++++++ !!!

I can kiss u, BluesChica...very kind of u ;)

Ged used three different Rickenbackers: the classic black one on Tom Sawyer, the double neck, and one I didn't recognize--the top part that juts forward over the neck was rounded instead of squared off.

Geddy played two Rickenbackers. Tom Sawyer was recorded on Jazz bass and is played on a Jazz bass. It's his black pawn shop one. It used to be his primary. He use the Double Neck for Xanadu and his original blue one for Red Barchetta (the original bass used for that song)

He also played two different Thunderbirds, one was the upside down style, can't remembery the specific name. He also played a Gibson Les Paul bass for Distant Early Warning. Surprisingly he played with 2 different Precision basses too.

Edited by kentpilot
  • Like 1

He also played a Gibson Les Paul bass for Distant Early Warning.

I was waiting for a Hofner to show up. That was a Les Paul bass eh? Hmmmm

Geddy played two Rickenbackers. Tom Sawyer was recorded on Jazz bass and is played on a Jazz bass. It's his black pawn shop one. It used to be his primary. He use the Double Neck for Xanadu and his original blue one for Red Barchetta (the original bass used for that song)

He also played two different Thunderbirds, one was the upside down style, can't remembery the specific name. He also played a Gibson Les Paul bass for Distant Early Warning. Surprisingly he played with 2 different Precision basses too.

Actually Geddy played 3 different Rickeys'

The black 4001 and then there was a red 4003 (I think?) and then the red doubleneck.

Just went back to my twitter feed to confirm it.. the red Rickey was on CTTH.

Edited by Snaked
  • Like 1

Actually Geddy played 3 different Rickeys'

The black 4001 and then there was a red 4003 (I think?) and then the red doubleneck.

Just went back to my twitter feed to confirm it.. the red Rickey was on CTTH.

Thanks totally forgot about that. Probably the most boring song in the second set, still a great song live!!! Just the weakest of the whole set in my opinion. But that bass is really interesting. Just wanted to point the Jazz was is has and should always be used for Tom Sawyer.

Is the Rick used on Red Barchetta really black? I swore it was the blue one.