For any one who was at the opening night, do you recall the guitars Alex and Ged were playing? There's no equipment tab on the updated Rush website (bummer) but, I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to see the guitars Alex and Geddy brought along! Any pics or links to gear discussions are more than welcome!

I watched a stream. Les Pauls, a Tele, Double Neck, and the 355 are what I saw. Ged played a variety of basses too. Haven't seen many pictures yet though.

From what I could see from the live feed:

Alex

ES-335

ES-355

Axcess

Tele

Strat

Geddy

Sunburst Ric 4080

Black Ric 4001

Gibson reverse Thunderbird

Red bass I didn't recognize

Natural Fender jazz

• Like 1

For any one who was at the opening night, do you recall the guitars Alex and Ged were playing? There's no equipment tab on the updated Rush website (bummer) but, I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to see the guitars Alex and Geddy brought along! Any pics or links to gear discussions are more than welcome!

I think the answer is: all of them!

Normally this kind of thread would belong here in the musicians section, but this kind of info qualifies as spoilers, so I'm moving it to the R40 spoiler forum.

Thanks!

I wonder if the orchestral chimes (tubulars) were actually miked up or if that was just a sample. There is a glockenspiel sound that syncs with the chime sound. Makes me wonder

I also wondered from the photos that I saw whether the marshal stacks were for real or just for show. Seeing as how they were being dismantled during the second set, I suspect they were just for show.

On one song approx. AFTK era, Alex & Ged were playing instruments painted in matching paisley. (Sorry, I'm not a gear head and don't know which bass/guitar.)

That 335 looks a lot like his original '67, that would be amazing, it dont think it has been on the road in a long time. Nice to see the double necks make an appearance again, that looks like a new Ric for Ged. I havent seen any pics with the Hentor though. Freddy you out there?

Yeah from the few photos i've seen it looks like that red bass might possibly be a Reverend bass...but I'm not entirely sure. They all looked like they were having a blast playing on instruments they haven;t brought out for years...or at all for that matter.
  • Like 1

Yeah from the few photos i've seen it looks like that red bass might possibly be a Reverend bass...but I'm not entirely sure. They all looked like they were having a blast playing on instruments they haven;t brought out for years...or at all for that matter.

After all of these years playing pretty much the same thing, it's interesting that they would bring out some many different instruments on this tour.

• Like 1

I also wondered from the photos that I saw whether the marshal stacks were for real or just for show. Seeing as how they were being dismantled during the second set, I suspect they were just for show.

I agree, I'd be REALLY surprised if they actually switched amps mid concert. Asking for sound quality headaches.

That 335 looks a lot like his original '67, that would be amazing, it dont think it has been on the road in a long time. Nice to see the double necks make an appearance again, that looks like a new Ric for Ged. I havent seen any pics with the Hentor though. Freddy you out there?

Al did use a Strat with different pickups, but it's unknown what the mods were or if it was a hentor.

I guess I'm ok with the Tele on RTB since I believe he's used that on RTB before. But using the Tele on Anthem just sounded too thin and wimpy IMO. Encore needs the es355 or les paul as plan B.

Gotta use what you recorded it with.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

I agree, I'd be REALLY surprised if they actually switched amps mid concert. Asking for sound quality headaches.

All their amps are stage props.

All their amps are stage props.

Like a huge amount of artists have anyway. :)

Red bass I didn't recognize

The bass used on JL appears to be Candy Apple Red Fender Precision Bass with tort pickgard... Cool!

There was also another red bass, with black pickgard / headstock... I have no idea what that one is either... a Firebird???

Edited by rushbass

Alex was using a Les Paul with F holes for Tom Sawyer. I want to say it was a LP Florentine but I'm not entirely sure.

Interesting...wondering if that's kind of a howard roberts morphing into a les paul.

Alex was using a Les Paul with F holes for Tom Sawyer. I want to say it was a LP Florentine but I'm not entirely sure.

Interesting...wondering if that's kind of a howard roberts morphing into a les paul.

Gibson released a couple of semi hollow Les Pauls the last couple of years. There's the Supreme and the ES Memphis which they're touting as a 335/Les Paul hybrid.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2015-Memphis/ES-Les-Paul.aspx

• Like 1

So with the set changes I'm going to venture a guess and say that both Alex and Geddy are BOTH "DI" as opposed to using any cabinets?

If anything is actually being used and mic'ed its not on stage, everything on stage is decoration.