Official opening night set list!! *SPOILERS!!!!!*

ALifeson85

Cygnus X-1, did they play the entire song or just the instrumental section of Prologue?

Instrumental section of Prologue, then a drum solo, then instrumental "spinning, whirling" part.

Jacobs Ladder?!?!?! OMFG I really hope this is not one they rotate. I was too late to catch it on the MP tour. Did they manage to keep it tight when all hell breaks lose?

Jacobs Ladder?!?!?! OMFG I really hope this is not one they rotate. I was too late to catch it on the MP tour. Did they manage to keep it tight when all hell breaks lose?

Oh, yeah they did.

Why do I live in fuucking stupid Europe!? And why can´t stupid Rush move their asses to Europe so I can see them once more! This set-list... its like made for me!! :banghead: :fury: :rage: fists%20crying.gif

Did Neil play two set of drums?

Yes, the second was a double bass with Starman heads on the bass drums. I think that was Chromey (it was chrome).

Not Chromey...Chromey exists in the Rhythm Discovery Center in Indianapolis (see pic below) This was a replica made by DW for this tour

What do you guys think, what are the chances of them bringing this to Europe?

I mean, they came here on every tour since R30, so why not this time?

They can't do an incredible set like this and ignore Europe wtf...

Lakeside Park was certainly surprising as Ged has said he didn't like that tune...wow...that was a stunning video to watch (second set and encore)

I wonder if the 'so many memories' line made them think it fit as part of R40.

It's kind of a meh song to me...i skip it on ATWAS, but still ok to hear again. I'd prefer Bastille Day instead, but it would probably have to be instrumental only.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

What do you guys think, what are the chances of them bringing this to Europe?

I mean, they came here on every tour since R30, so why not this time?

They can't do an incredible set like this and ignore Europe wtf...

if the rest of the dates do well. Judging by the setlist people are going apeshit, so I'm expecting lots of sell outs. So I could see a limited Europeon tour.

Did Ged sing the songs in the encore medly or were they instrumental? Did he sing Prelude?

Also was Working Man au natural or reggae'd up?

There wasn't an encore medley. Yes he sang Prelude. WM was not reggae'd up.

shorter solo on Working Man, but i'm ok with that.

Tampa gets lakeside park on the 24th of May? Can it get any better than this???? No

I called that one when I saw the date of the Tampa show. I am more excited now than I was a day ago. My only little gripe is the was not one song from Hold Your Fire or Power Windows but the deep cuts and the whole moving back in time concept BRILLIANT!!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Did Neil play two set of drums?

Yes, the second was a double bass with Starman heads on the bass drums. I think that was Chromey (it was chrome).

Thanks, Looking forward to my show in Toronto! :dweez:

Chromey Mk. II sounded pretty good on the Periscope feed. I love the stripped-down stage during the second set. Can't wait for June 27!!!

That 2nd set/encore was epic! Stuff I've never heard live, and it sounded great! Kind of funny, Geddy mentioned that they had never played Jacob's Ladder live, but it's on ESL :)

I posted my full review in another thread, but this was easily the best show I've seen in the past 3-4 tours. The 1st set wasn't bad, just wish there'd been less CA on it. That 2nd set and encore was total awesomeness from start to finish.

Anyone know if they are playing ALL of Xanadu and all of Cygnus X-1 (book 1)?

They played ALL 11 minutes of Xanadu, but only the first and last parts of Cygnus X-1, no vocals, with a drum solo in the middle