Humor/comedy---yes, no or maybe?

GW2

What would be your preferred level of hijinxs on the R40 tour? Do you want them to be as funny as possible throughout, not do any schtick and just play the damn songs, or somewhere in the middle?

It's a tiny disappointment, tiny, about the band. I find a lot of their film humor not up to par with their music. Although they put a huge professional effort into it, since they are not in the comedy business, it comes across as painful to me, except the Rudd/Segal film. Stiller was ok as well.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

I personally loved the Time Machine skits. The Clockwork Angels seemed a bit over the top but still cute. I do like the Cameo's like when Jerry Stiller did the did I miss Bangkok bit I think that was the intermission vid for Snakes & Arrows. So I like both but the Music is the main draw for me. Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

i thought the S&A and TM intro videos were funny...but the rest not so much.

I would like to see more stuff like what they did with South Park and Stiller etc. Using well known comedians or current popular shows etc.

Thought for sure by now Jack Black would have done a cameo.

With all their connections and huge fans throughout the industry, I'm surprised we don't get bombarded with stuff from Family Guy, South Park, Trailer Park Boys (to make a few)

It would be funny if they had a fake Geraldo Rivera ask them what is in Al Capone's vault

I thought the CA skits were a bit painful and juvenile but the S&N and TM ones were good.

Meh... I can do without them. Just PLAY! That being said, I do appreciate the effort. "What's that smell?" from S&A still the best, imo. "Chickeeeennnnn???"

I personally loved the Time Machine skits. The Clockwork Angels seemed a bit over the top but still cute. I do like the Cameo's like when Jerry Stiller did the did I miss Bangkok bit I think that was the intermission vid for Snakes & Arrows. So I like both but the Music is the main draw for me.

The opening TM (?) one was rough, in the restaurant, the sausages, the daughter, but people loved it. They don't want to be away from family and home, yet they took the time and effort filming and producing that one. Eek. Cut rehearsals back a day, stay home and rest, and play some old Floyd (or old Rush!) to lasers instead to start the show.

The best I think was on VT(?), yeah, the cartoon, the Rocinante and the Dragon.

Overall, I find these films take away from the experience. Glad I caught the MP tour, right before the comedy era began! Opening with Overture...dark...pyro...explosions...very exciting start to the show. The good ole days!

Edited by Gabrielgil513

It's a tiny disappointment, tiny, about the band. I find a lot of their film humor not up to par with their music. Although they put a huge professional effort into it, since they are not in the comedy business, it comes across as painful to me, except the Rudd/Segal film. Stiller was ok as well.

Totally agree, they should stick to what they do best, which is music. The only videos I liked were the one where Neil woke up with a bad dream and the Jerry Stiller one just because Jerry Stiller is awesome. The hit percentage is so low I wish they would just get rid of the opening/closing/intermission videos entirely.

The only one I didn't care for was the video for the second set on the last tour. I felt it went on for too long and wasn't really that funny. It's nice they put in the effort to do this kind of stuff but just because they find it funny doesn't mean people in the audience will. I think this year the videos will be celebrating their history but of course there will be some humor in it. Probably a few jokes about their age and how long they've been a band for.