Doing anything special for the start of the tour?

gudbuytjane

If you're not going tonight, that is. :) I've been watching a bunch of Rush live videos for the past couple of days, and today I'm planning to watch R30, Snakes & Arrows Live, Time Machine, and Clockwork Angels Tour videos out of the corner of my eye while I do actual work I'm supposed to be doing.

Also, I'm wearing red and black, which I consider to be unofficial "Rush colours." I'm usually do my nails variations of red and black, but today if anyone asks I'll tell them it's for the opening night of the Rush tour. :D

• Like 4

Can't follow you in this Red & Black fashion for reasons strictly connected to Italian football (and I won't paint my nails in any colour anyway...) but I'll ideally join your video retrospective from this side of 'the pond'.
  • Like 1

Got a gig tonight, so I'll be repping my finest Rush t-shirt...constantly checking my phone for the song-by-song updates...who knows, might get crazy and attempt a live cover! definitely going to :smoke: while enjoying my new tour playlist loading up and heading down to the venue. Only 2 weeks from NOLA!
  • Like 2

Hoping to be able to stay on here until I know what song they opened the concert with.

Other than that, just getting a vicarious thrill from all of the anticipation and excitement and wondering what Rush is doing at this moment and what they are thinking. :)

• Like 1

Hoping I can keep my eyes open until 9:30 Eastern to hear bout the opening- I seem to have come down with some type of flu . . . :banghead:

Oh, no, here's hoping for a Rushmas miracle and a speedy recovery for you! :)

• Like 1

I thought it starts at 8?

Yes, I thought that too, I think a lot of the shows are starting at 8:00; then I saw yesterday on Rush Is a Band that starting time is 7:30 for this one. It says that at the BOK Center site as well so I'm not sure what I was thinking of?? But looks like 7:30 central for tonight.

Hoping I can keep my eyes open until 9:30 Eastern to hear bout the opening- I seem to have come down with some type of flu . . . :banghead:

Oh, no, here's hoping for a Rushmas miracle and a speedy recovery for you! :)

Thanks! At least my husband and daughter are pampering me, but this stinks.

• Like 1

I thought it starts at 8?

Yes, I thought that too, I think a lot of the shows are starting at 8:00; then I saw yesterday on Rush Is a Band that starting time is 7:30 for this one. It says that at the BOK Center site as well so I'm not sure what I was thinking of?? But looks like 7:30 central for tonight.

That's even better for me because I will be able to catch the first half hour at least before the husband comes home, sees me sitting at the computer cheering Rush on and wondering if his wife is going through a delayed midlife upheaval. :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

• Like 2

Gonna fire up the grill - through some steaks on that have been merinating since last night, and probably get a head start on yard work since we're supposed to get a tropical storm roll over us this weekend (and I have final rehearsal tomorrow for a gig next weekend).

And most definitely having an "ice cold beer" (or several)

and checking the Cygnus X1 twitter feed for updates

• Like 1

Won't get home from work til 10:30 or so but will be checking in on all the details the second I get in. Probably be up late watching vids as they get posted. Then it's waiting til the 26th for the show here in Atlanta / Alpharetta. Still hoping to get someone in St Paul or Minneapolis to hook me up with some Cygnus X-1 porter from the Flat Earth Brewing Company for our pre-concert get together. Yes, it exists and the owners of the brewery are RUSH fans and the brew is named after the song. So all of y'all who are going to the St Paul show who now know or maybe already knew about it and are gonna get some of this stuff, PLEASE, get me some too. PM me if you can help me in this endeavor. Everybody got to evelate from the norm....
  • Like 1