Concerning part of the leaked songs *SPOILER ALERT!!*

ALifeson85

Looking at the photo (below) of the tour book credits, featuring a list of some of the songs, it's assumed that the Spirit of Radio / Natural Science / Closer To The Heart is a medley...but I think it is actually NOT a medley, but just the 3 songs that Christopher Mills (Director) contributed to, so they just grouped those 3 songs into 1, instead of having Christopher credited 3 separate times.

That just seems like kind of a strange medley to me. But...we'll know tonight, either way, so.... lol

CEL_w_RUkAAWIu-.jpg

Edited by ALifeson85
  • Like 2

I also just noticed Big Money has this under it: 'Retrospective 1&2 (2nd set)' not sure if '2nd set' has something to do with either an actual 2nd set from Rush OR possibly the '2nd set' after intermisson. ?? I'll know it about 8 hours.

My own theory is that It's all of Spirit, cutting right into the PW section of NS on the last note, and then Closer to the Heart starting during the crashing waves at the end of NS.

I think those three songs would make a really awkward medley. Like if they went from Xanadu to Superconductor, but thankfully they'd never do anything that... oh.

;)

I get what you are saying, but then why is The Anarchist with Christopher Mills-Director listed separately at the top of the page and not lumped in with the other credit(s)?

Same for Crankbunny-Design and Animation: it's listed at the top for The World is..The World is and also for Red Barchetta/YYZ lower on the page.

Does anyone find it strange there would be a video with YYZ? I've been to plenty of shows, seen many tour videos. YYZ with a video would be huge change in presentation for such a crowd pleaser....
  • Like 1

I think those three songs would make a really awkward medley. Like if they went from Xanadu to Superconductor, but thankfully they'd never do anything that... oh.

;)

It might not be as bad as you think, if they do it right.

• Like 1

I also just noticed Big Money has this under it: 'Retrospective 1&2 (2nd set)' not sure if '2nd set' has something to do with either an actual 2nd set from Rush OR possibly the '2nd set' after intermisson. ?? I'll know it about 8 hours.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm still scratching my head trying to decipher what that means. If they are truly doing a chronological setlist; then there is no way Big Money would get pushed to 2nd set. It's too recent, as opposed to older material.

Perhaps there are 3-4 smaller sets and they keep re creating the stage to reflect different eras? It would be a brief interval (5-7 minutes) during the prop change and they would show smaller videos like the film montage etc to occupy our time.

Huge stretch but ya never know haha

I BELIEVE THERE WILL BE NO MEDLEYS - AND I BELIEVE THE WAY IT'S LISTED IN THE TOURBOOK IS NOT IN ANY SETLIST SONG ORDER AT ALL. SIMPLY A LIST OF WHO PRODUCED WHAT - WE WILL SEE THOUGH - FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE GOING TONIGHT - ENJOY IT - I WISH I WERE GOING TO OPENING NIGHT - NOT KNOWING WHAT IS GOING TO BE PLAYED IT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE Edited by vicyyz2

They (Rush) really have a golden opportunity to make this an epic show. If this really IS it, then they should pull out all the stops and think outside of the box.

I mean, make this show something that is talked about for a long time. Just blow us away.

But I'm afraid we are going to get the standard fare. Which is fine, but what a wasted opportunity if they do.

I BELIEVE THERE WILL BE NO MEDLEYS - AND I BELIEVE THE WAY IT'S LISTED IN THE TOURBOOK IS NOT IN ANY SETLIST SONG ORDER AT ALL. SIMPLY A LIST OF WHO PRODUCED WHAT - WE WILL SEE THOUGH - FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE GOING TONIGHT - ENJOY IT - I WISH I WERE GOING TO OPENING NIGHT - NOT KNOWING WHAT IS GOING TO BE PLAYED IT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE

That would be odd since TM and CA tour books listed them in order

Edited by dtpoet

LOOKING AT THE LIST OF THE SONGS IN THE TOURBOOK, AND THE CREDITS, CAN WE ASSUME WE WILL BE HEARING THE ENTIRE "EXIT STAGE LEFT" LIVE ABLUM? OR TOO MUCH OF A STRETCH ????? Edited by vicyyz2

Looking at the photo (below) of the tour book credits, featuring a list of some of the songs, it's assumed that the Spirit of Radio / Natural Science / Closer To The Heart is a medley...but I think it is actually NOT a medley, but just the 3 songs that Christopher Mills (Director) contributed to, so they just grouped those 3 songs into 1, instead of having Christopher credited 3 separate times.

That just seems like kind of a strange medley to me. But...we'll know tonight, either way, so.... lol

CEL_w_RUkAAWIu-.jpg

If they're not medleys then the set becomes way to long unless you believe in alternates. Quite frankly, IMO, making the alternatives is a bizillon times worse than medleys. I'm going to one show. If I miss JL because it was at the "off" show, I'm going to pissed.

LOOKING AT THE LIST OF THE SONGS IN THE TOURBOOK, AND THE CREDITS, CAN WE ASSUME WE WILL BE HEARING THE ENTIRE "EXIT STAGE LEFT" LIVE ABLUM? OR TOO MUCH OF A STRETCH ?????

A bit of a stretch I think.

• Like 1

I had a dream last night that I was at a Rush concert at a really small venue, maybe 500 seats. Geddy came out dressed like he did in the 70's, wearing the kimono with his chest bare and the really long hair. i kept thinking he looked really good for a 60+ year old guy. :LOL:
  • Like 1

I had a dream last night that I was at a Rush concert at a really small venue, maybe 500 seats. Geddy came out dressed like he did in the 70's, wearing the kimono with his chest bare and the really long hair. i kept thinking he looked really good for a 60+ year old guy. :LOL:

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Aren't dreams funny? Neil looked good in my dream too, but I attributed it to the hairpiece in the dream. :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I BELIEVE THERE WILL BE NO MEDLEYS - AND I BELIEVE THE WAY IT'S LISTED IN THE TOURBOOK IS NOT IN ANY SETLIST SONG ORDER AT ALL. SIMPLY A LIST OF WHO PRODUCED WHAT - WE WILL SEE THOUGH - FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE GOING TONIGHT - ENJOY IT - I WISH I WERE GOING TO OPENING NIGHT - NOT KNOWING WHAT IS GOING TO BE PLAYED IT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE

That would be odd since TM and CA tour books listed them in order

SO YOU ARE SAYING THEY ARE OPEINING WITH 4 SONGS FROM CLOCKWORK? - I CANT WRAP MY ARMS AROUND THAT - IF THEY DO THATS COOL - I LOVED HEARING THESE TUNES ON THAT TOUR - I WOULD HOPE THEY WOULD ADD THE GARDEN SOMEHOW

Edited by vicyyz2

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Aren't dreams funny? Neil looked good in my dream too, but I attributed it to the hairpiece in the dream. :LOL:

Yeah I kept looking at Geds belly and thinking it wasn't jiggling too much considering how much he was jumping around. He had the black doubleneck too. :)

• Like 1

My own theory is that It's all of Spirit, cutting right into the PW section of NS on the last note, and then Closer to the Heart starting during the crashing waves at the end of NS.

I agree, I thinks its all of TSOR (Parts of Natural Science) and All of Closer to the Heart

Edited by losingit2k