What are Neil, Geddy, and Alex doing right now?

WTF are they doing right now?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Pre-opening night routine

• Geddy and Alex are playing paper football, and drinking
    • They're all drinking
    • Neil is changing his oil
    • Neil, Geddy, and Alex are applying Preparation H to their assteroids
    • Having a ping pong tournament
    • Neil is attending a night class on Native American Culture
    • Geddy is watching a baseball game
    • Alex is doing his sock puppet routine in a bar downtown Tulsa
    • They're all drinking and playing ping pong

That's what all the Rutsey fans said 42 years ago, and the new guy turned out fairly ok ;)
  • Like 1

That's what all the Rutsey fans said 42 years ago, and the new guy turned out fairly ok ;)

That's different. Rutsey was only there for one album. Neil was there for eighteen and clearly made a bigger impact than Rutsey did. To replace Neil would be to substitute turkey for beef. Season it all you want, but it'll never be the same.

That's different. Rutsey was only there for one album. Neil was there for eighteen and clearly made a bigger impact than Rutsey did. To replace Neil would be to substitute turkey for beef. Season it all you want, but it'll never be the same.

I+don+t+get+it+where+s+joke+explain+when+_895e7196765d413f681ad37aaeb3c270.jpg

• Like 2

Geddy and Al are waiting on postcards from Neil...you know, those little lifelines.

"In Moab again, beautiful as ever

I'm never touring again

Love, NP"

Just get another new guy already and move on, geez guys it ain't rocket science.

Then it would not feel like Rush.

I'm kinda wondering if the other two are interested in side projects of their own. I'd go see any Ged or Alex fronted act.

Why do they have to replace Neil? They could play with another drummer and just call it something else. I just want them to make more music.

Why do they have to replace Neil? They could play with another drummer and just call it something else. I just want them to make more music.

Yes, call it anything else, AfterRUSH, Leefson, Dirxst or GED n AL Play the Blues.

It would be awesome for them to release new material.

Getting a hunch that the retirement lifestyle, traveling, celebrity golf tourneys may just be too comfortable for the 67% of our unretired heros.

We may be lucky to squeak one album or only a handful of songs in the future.

It's funny TMs topic has lived on as a post retirement commentary, as it's original purpose was to anticipate the pre R40 Tulsa opening note excitement.

As true as your comment rings, some prefer turkey to beef (another wink)

As true as your comment rings, some prefer turkey to beef (another wink)

And some of us prefer kale to either :D

Alex was at the blu-jays baseball game, first i have seen him. Wow, he has a nice and big belly! He is not focus on the game like Geddy. I am sure after this second massacre, he has some funny things to say about the Blu-Jays...

Geddy is probably watching the Blue Jays right now...who are losing 6-3 to the Rays. Poor Geddy
  • Like 1

It's after midnight in Ontario so Geddy and Alex are probably getting ready for bed (not with one another), if they're not already there. Neil, on the other hand, is halfway through his bottle of The Macallan and getting all maudlin, muttering "I'm a retired drummer, dammit, and I don't need those two guys. I'm fine right here. Really. Yeah. Where are my cigarettes?"
  • Like 2

Geddy's getting ready to watch today's Blue Jays game, Alex is making phone calls to get some more pot, and Neil is riding his motorcycle up to the Drum Workshop where he's working on some interesting rhythms that he thinks are worth putting into a song.

:LOL:

Geddy is probably watching the Blue Jays right now...who are losing 6-3 to the Rays. Poor Geddy

Hi Tony! Welcome to TRF!

Thanks! :)

Neil is currently battling deep, deep personal feelings for both Geddy and Alex, he doesn't want to acknowledge them, thus he's trying to fool himself into thinking he's done with the band for good.

Neil is currently battling deep, deep personal feelings for both Geddy and Alex, he doesn't want to acknowledge them, thus he's trying to fool himself into thinking he's done with the band for good.

I think....emmm, not. At least with me, as I get older, I want to experience things I haven't done before to maximize my remaining time. I think Neil is in the 'been there, done that' mode and wants to freelance his time based on his whims.

I think....emmm, not. At least with me, as I get older, I want to experience things I haven't done before to maximize my remaining time. I think Neil is in the 'been there, done that' mode and wants to freelance his time based on his whims.

Well, maybe Neil is afraid to experience things (people) he hasn't before and that's why he's fooling himself into thinking he's done with the band for good :D

• Like 1

Like writing Another book about his time traveling with Rush because it's not as painful as actually being in Rush any longer and he knows his already dwindling audience will dwindle further once there's no more Rush connection to his travels.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

Like writing Another book about his time traveling with Rush because it's not as painful as actually being in Rush any longer and he knows his already dwindling audience will dwindle further once there's no more Rush connection to his travels.

I read that as a "book about his time-traveling" and it took me a second to understand you meant a "book about his time [spent] traveling with Rush" :D

• Like 2

I read that as a "book about his time-traveling" and it took me a second to understand you meant a "book about his time [spent] traveling with Rush" :D

:LOL: That would be cool if Neil could Time Travel.

Haha, "deep personal feelings" - that's rich! I'm more than pretty sure that he could give a rat's *ss about Geddy, Alex, OR Rush at this point in his life. He stuck the proverbial fork in himself that night he came from behind the drums and gave the crowd a final wave. From here on out, Neil will just slowly fade himself out of the public eye.

Spitting out my coffee, thanks x1. You are correct, I literally said time traveling!

I guess I've seen one too many 12 Monkey episodes!

• Like 1