The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

I would have not known ANY of these bands if not for Segue.

Exept Evanescence......and they are the definition of OK.

so naturally they got huge in the US, lol

Mick

To give credit to the UK, the metal press were championing Lacuna Coil and Nightwish since the late 90s. England was one of the first places where LC found a dedicated audience (I think the debut EP really appealed to Paradise Lost fans at the time).

And whilst sales were not strong, The Gathering were one of the most revered metal bands in all of Europe through the nineties and early 2000s as well.

• Like 1

I noticed EP is inquiring about Jimmy. and i go with Segue in saying play it all

well maybe skip the first two.......i played them an nothing stuck. but i will say futures is one of my fav albums by ANYONE. i cannot praise it enough. it means a lot to me.

but if your into Weezer, panic! and Fallout boy you'll devour Jimmy.

Mick

• Like 2

Holy shoot! MCR are coming back!!

They better play more than this one show or I’m going to be inconsolable.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Queen have clicked.

Really, really enjoying them for the first time in my life, without any issue.

• Like 3

I had a dream last night about Mick and Segue. I met them in a bar.

Isn't that strange? I have absolutely no idea why I dreamed about the two of you. No offense, but it's not like you both occupy my thoughts all the time. But you must be always lurking in my subconscious. :unsure:

:hi:

• Like 1

Isn't that strange? I have absolutely no idea why I dreamed about the two of you. No offense, but it's not like you both occupy my thoughts all the time. But you must be always lurking in my subconscious. :unsure:

did you at least buy me a drink, lol.

Dreams are funny.

i can't remember most of mine.

Mick

• Like 2

did you at least buy me a drink, lol.

Dreams are funny.

i can't remember most of mine.

Mick

I usually don't remember mine anymore either, but I did this one. It's not like I dream about the two of you all the time, so it stuck out and was worth remembering. Besides, I really thought it was unusual that I dreamed about you.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

What do you guys think of this?

Damn i dug that. love the old school bluesy feel. kinda reminds me of a Clapton blues number. at least the chill part. before that climax took off. loved it.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Damn i dug that. love the old school bluesy feel. kinda reminds me of a Clapton blues number. loved it.

Mick

me too! Ran across it completely by chance glancing at new rock records on iTunes this week! I'm gonna give the whole album a spin today.

• Like 1

Damn i dug that. love the old school bluesy feel. kinda reminds me of a Clapton blues number. loved it.

Mick

me too! Ran across it completely by chance glancing at new rock records on iTunes this week! I'm gonna give the whole album a spin today.

I just started the album. it's their second album. the first song is WAAAAY Cream-like. i think you found something good here.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Mick

I just started the album. it's their second album. the first song is WAAAAY Cream-like. i think you found something good here.

Mick

Ooh boy, I can't wait!

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Ooh boy, I can't wait!

Seriously second song now. THIS is throwback blues/rock done right.

throwback acts rarely hit the sweet spot for me honestly...these guys do.

Mick

• Like 1

Am I weird?

I'm digging all this but I play this stuff mostly when it's hot weather.

Doesn't feel right in winter ������

i don't find it weird i do that myself.....BUT.....I feed you can miss out because of that at times.

Mick

I save everything you introduce to me in Spotify. I regularly browse my library for gems I may have missed. And I really enjoyed that EP!

• Like 2

Mick, have you seen Billy Joel live recently at all? He's coming here in August and I was thinking of going. I haven't seen him in a long time so I don't know what he sounds like live these days.

Not recently. but i have a friend who has. and said he was amazingly good for his age. beside that he said it was a blast.

last time i saw him was like 2001 and it was a party and a half. so i'd just go.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick, have you seen Billy Joel live recently at all? He's coming here in August and I was thinking of going. I haven't seen him in a long time so I don't know what he sounds like live these days.

Not recently. but i have a friend who has. and said he was amazingly good for his age. beside that he said it was a blast.

last time i saw him was like 2001 and it was a party and a half. so i'd just go.

Mick

Oh ok.

I thought with his MSG residency that maybe you've seen him more recently. The only drawback is that it will be in a stadium but it should still be a fun time.

• Like 1

Mick

Oh ok.

I thought with his MSG residency that maybe you've seen him more recently. The only drawback is that it will be in a stadium but it should still be a fun time.

oh and when i saw him his between song banter was hysterical. he really is a funny guy.

Mick

You know, I really think at least one of you would love the new White Reaper album, You Deserve Love. Check this out:

it's been a while but i figured while i'm in Quarantine. i'd revive this.

i had been getting depressed for a while what with horrible news and people just miserable in general. i'm just not getting back into serious music mode.

it's funny EP did a journey thread i've been into them lately.

it's funny they are known as hit makers but their albums as whole works are awesome. and perry remains a golden voice in his prime most people would still kill to have.

Messy personal problems aside. they were a truly great band.

Mick

• Like 1