The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

Just because i like lists. I already can tell my favs that's how great this guy is.

my recommended Graham Parker list in case anybody wants to start

i know i just started but i swear i've listened to each of these in the double digits already.

Howin' Wind-10/10

Heat Treatment-10/10

Squeezing Out Sparks-10/10

Another Grey Area-9/10

Steady Nerves-9/10

The Mona Lisa's Sister-8/10

Struck by Lightning-10/10

Burning Questions-9/10

12 Haunted Episodes-10/10

Songs of No Consequence-10/10

I've still got a lot more to go through but i swear those all are immediate classics in my book

Mick

Keep me posted!!!

i know you like him too i think. how much have you heard?

Mick

The Juliana Theory have reunited and are starting on a new record and I am so happy I am crying deep stupid tears

I've only heard a couple of his tunes - Temporary Beauty and Heat Treatment.. but I dig 'em.

i forget who recommended Graham to me. it was someone here though. they sad because i like Elvis costello i'd like Graham. Like is WAY to much of an understatement right now, lol. i've loved almost every single album i've heard.

this is true love, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I've only heard a couple of his tunes - Temporary Beauty and Heat Treatment.. but I dig 'em.

i forget who recommended Graham to me. it was someone here though. they sad because i like Elvis costello i'd like Graham. Like is WAY to much of an understatement right now, lol. i've loved almost every single album i've heard.

this is true love, lol

Mick

Dude GP is flipping fantastic. Well worth taking the plunge. I love his first 5 albums and his Mona Lisas Sister and Imaginary Television releases.

• Like 2

this is true love, lol

Mick

Dude GP is flipping fantastic. Well worth taking the plunge. I love his first 5 albums and his Mona Lisas Sister and Imaginary Television releases.

The first 5 are amazing

plus 12 haunted Episodes and i also really enjoyed Deepcut to Nowhere

I think i like him more than Costellp

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I think it's time for a Fleetwood binge. I only know three of their big albums so I'm going to start from the beginning

There is a lot to explore. at least a couple eras before the big era.

there was peter Green era. which in retrospect now is kinda bland.

and then the bob Welch era. which is basically soundwise-Close to Buckingham/Nicks but.......not quite obviously, lol

Mick

I think it's time for a Fleetwood binge. I only know three of their big albums so I'm going to start from the beginning

There is a lot to explore. at least a couple eras before the big era.

there was peter Green era. which in retrospect now is kinda bland.

and then the bob Welch era. which is basically soundwise-Close to Buckingham/Nicks but.......not quite obviously, lol

Mick

Bob Welch onwards for me.

• Like 1

The Welch-era Fleetwood Mac is really somethin'. Future Games and Bare Trees are wonderful records.

you know i listen to the Welch records today. i just think how did this era NOT click with the public ya know?

Future games

Bare Trees

Mystery to Me

Heroes are Hard to Find

Thoes are great great records.

Mick

• Like 1

The Welch-era Fleetwood Mac is really somethin'. Future Games and Bare Trees are wonderful records.

you know i listen to the Welch records today. i just think how did this era NOT click with the public ya know?

Future games

Bare Trees

Mystery to Me

Heroes are Hard to Find

Mick

I think they all lack a certain magic but they are great.

Future games

Bare Trees

Mystery to Me

Heroes are Hard to Find

Mick

true. i don't think the buckingham nicks era would have hit as hard. Had it been just Lindsey. Which is what Fleetwood wanted. JUST lindsey.

lindswy said is me and her or nothing.

Mick

Future games

Bare Trees

Mystery to Me

Heroes are Hard to Find

Mick

true. i don't think the buckingham nicks era would have hit as hard. Had it been just Lindsey. Which is what Fleetwood wanted. JUST lindsey.

lindswy said is me and her or nothing.

Mick

Yeah but thay chemistry is was elevated those records. I LOVE much of what came before but there is a lack of something truly, indefinably magic. That's not to say everything the Nicks era had was golden. But yeah...

I have played Bare Trees many times but it will never impact me the way the 1975 self titled did the first time I heard it, never mind Rumours.

And I adore Bare Trees in its entirety.

• Like 1

The Fleetwood Mac binge was quite fun. I blew right through:

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac

Mr Wonderful

Future Games

Bare Trees

Mystery To Me

Fleetwood Mac

Rumours

Mirage

Behind The Mask

I already listened to Tusk a little bit ago and it's still too fresh

• Like 2

Now onto Todd Rundgren. I found some of his records in my closet. Also like 5 Utopia albums. Are they any good, Mick?

Todd Rundgren was at my school last fall sitting in with the music and film and theater departments. I didn't get to have any classes with him or play with him (like Jazz I did, still a bit jealous), but I did get to see him from a few rows back at a pep rally where he played two songs. Seemed awesome, I was super happy about that. Will look into his work one of these days.

• Like 1

My current favourite bands:

Linkin Park

U2

30 Seconds To Mars

Twenty One Pilots

Fivefold

Sonata Arctica

I'm in a really emotional mind set atm. Not well at all. And their is a lot going on in these bands music that is helping me unwind slowly. Really adore them.

• Like 1