The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

Guys Tom Petty might be the best thing I've ever heard

Talk about consistent greatness, he's really more of a songsmith than a songwriter.

• Like 1

You two love pop music. Try this:

I love this. i love the horns on it.

you rarely hear horns these days. Catchy as hell too.

Mick

I loved it too

:D

That's a new one off of a new album they have coming out in May. They did an album a couple years ago that was also really catchy and well-written (horns are there too). I hope you check it out!

I'm just so excited over the new album and the new songs, I can't wait!

i for sure will.

Mick

• Like 1

Guys Tom Petty might be the best thing I've ever heard

LOVE Petty.

my fav is hard Promises.

Love him more than Springsteen.

Mick

I've finally found time to immerse myself in his work. I haven't found anything to match my favourite Springsteen. But so far everything has been stellar. Way more consistent and better hooks overall and a better voice.

• Like 2

Petty is great. One of the most consistently good songwriters of all time. The man has always had it. Not once have I heard a Tom Petty album and thought "nah, i'm putting that away, don't need to hear it again".

Great to listen to when you're down and need a little pick up. It's impossible to be in a bad mood when listening to him.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Petty is great. One of the most consistently good songwriters of all time. The man has always had it. Not once have I heard a Tom Petty album and thought "nah, i'm putting that away, don't need to hear it again".

Great to listen to when you're down and need a little pick up. It's impossible to be in a bad mood when listening to him.

Im having a very difficult week. For some reason Petty has been my go to source of joy! Bought five albums this week and loved them all.

Also...no one asked but this is my top five Fleetwood Mac albums:

1. Tusk

2. Rumours

3. Mirage

4. Behind The Mask

5. Time

Then:

6. Bare Trees

7. Fleetwood Mac (75)

8. Kiln House

9. Tango In The Night

10. Future Games

• Like 1

Im having a very difficult week. For some reason Petty has been my go to source of joy! Bought five albums this week and loved them all.

Which ones did you buy?

Which ones did you buy?

A two disc best of

The debut

Damn The Torpedoes

Full Moon Fever

Wildflowers

• Like 2

Which ones did you buy?

A two disc best of

The debut

Damn The Torpedoes

Full Moon Fever

Wildflowers

Can't speak for the debut or that best of but...

DtT, FMF, WF are usually considered all of his very best works...and I also think they're all awesome. Wildflowers especially is a real deep and personal record full of great songs.

Which ones did you buy?

A two disc best of

The debut

Damn The Torpedoes

Full Moon Fever

Wildflowers

Can't speak for the debut or that best of but...

DtT, FMF, WF are usually considered all of his very best works...and I also think they're all awesome. Wildflowers especially is a real deep and personal record full of great songs.

He doesn't have too many albums. I plan to collect them all. I've actually heard them all befire up to Wildflowers but I only this week connected with the music.

• Like 2

Into The Great Wide Open has always been one of my favorite Petty albums. That was the album between Full Moon Fever and Wildflowers.

Ok! I plan to get all the albums up til Wildflowers first so that isn't far behind haha

my Top 10 Fleetwood albums

1. Tusk

2 Tango in the Night

3. Future Games

4. Bare Trees

5. Heroes are Hard to Find

6. Rumours

7. Fleetwood Mac 75

8. Mystery to Me

9. Behind the Mask

10. Kiln House

Mick

• Like 1

Hey Mick:

https://youtu.be/15NXrnyT2HM

New MisterWives. :D

That's a link to a grammar video lmao

Shoot!!!

Here's the real link:

ty Segue!

Edit the other thread as well baha

Hey Mick:

Shoot!!!

Here's the real link:

ty Segue!

I did before you posted this. Beat you to it. ;)

Hey Mick:

Shoot!!!

Here's the real link:

ty Segue!

I did before you posted this. Beat you to it. ;)

Hehe!

• Like 1

Rush couldn't come to Spokane, but Jimmy Eat World could. Thought of you, Segue, as soon as I saw they were coming here.

They don't really ever come here. Makes me sad!

When they do it's normally just one or two London gigs.

I love them they are a warm hug!

Have you been listening to anything lately?