The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

I think this is the look you'll eventually come to...a natural fit if you ask me

I don't want to dress like you and your friends, thanks, but no thanks!

Good Morning Rush Heads. This thread was (i think) intended for mine and Segues musical thoughts and not an insane monty python sketch. I've decided to do album reviews. Now don't expect and essay out of me. You will look to Seggerz for that. but i will write as much as i can. What i'm gonna do is i'm gonna put my itunes on shuffle. it will pick an album at random. i will review it. I shall start a bit later.

Mick

• Like 2

So the idea of this thread to to keep any commentary out of OTHER threads? Or am I wrong? :)

We can only hope :LOL: ...

No, it's not to keep them out of other threads, it's a place they can go to to freely indulge themselves when they want to argue or banter or amuse the rest of us. :LOL:

• Like 1

Laughing so hard!! :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: Looking forward to more enlightening commentary!!!

Ha! Woke up read this...and laughed. What were we on last night Mick?! Hahaha

I laughed so hard last night my stomach was hurting me.

So the idea of this thread to to keep any commentary out of OTHER threads? Or am I wrong? :)

We can only hope :LOL: ...

No, it's not to keep them out of other threads, it's a place they can go to to freely indulge themselves when they want to argue or banter or amuse the rest of us. :LOL:

You couldn't shut me up in other threads if you wanted to so.....lol

I'm still waiting for the token Zumbi Visit......we know it's coming, lol.

Mick

• Like 2

Maybe Segue is taking a nap or cooking or baking cupcakes.

or just busy with his band hopping, lol

He has a style of music listening i could never do.

i'm like this 1 band.......adsorb their work.

He's like new band......new band........new band.........

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

Mick

I couldn't do it either. It must be very hard to absorb the entire music career of a band in one or two listenings. I know with Rush, it wasn't easy for me. I was familiar with only three or four of their albums. I had to familiarize myself with the rest. Sometimes i wonder how I did it.
  • Like 1

So finally got it done.

Lindsey Buckingham- Seeds We sow (2011)

Ahh Mr Buckingham.............here we have someone who is a very interesting guy indeed. He started off as we all know in Fleetwood Mac. He was always a very enigmatic person. With an ear for writing Excellent pop rock tunes. now around 1979.....the Mac had the eyes of music fans on them. Because they had to follow up Rumours. They Did so with the Double album Tusk.

Now i mention Tusk because it Was a big Lindsey showcase. it's a band album yes........but it's his baby and you can hear it. Songs like the Ledge, it's not That Funny, I know i'm not Wrong.......all showcase him more......and his experimental leanings.

I bring this all up because once Lindsey broke out solo......all bets were off. And we have in Seeds we Sow....his sixth solo album. a nice mix of crazy and acsessable Buckingham.

Songs like the title Track, In our Own Time, Stars Are Crazy, Rockaway Blind..........all showcase the crazy mad guitar strumming.......but these songs are all hook-y and memorable at the same time. Proving that he indeed was a great force in that group.

But we also have the downside to Lindsey. Which is that he always over produces himself to the tits, lol. which is a shame because he's a great singer to my mind. and it's hard to enjoy him when he's covered in a thick gloss of production.

When he wants wants to he can write beautiful straight forward ballads like The end of time or When she Comes down.......to of my fav tracks on the album. Just stunning. and could have fit on ANY mac album.

So......all in all It's a good little lindsey album........but not my fav and not where i'd start a newbw.

Key Tracks.

Seeds We Sow

Stars are Crazy

In our Own Time

When She comes Down

The end of Time.

6/10

Mick

• Like 1

I wouldn't know if an album is over produced or not, and I'm not sure if I should be grateful that I don't, or brush up on my listening skills. :unsure:

'

i blame Rush for awakening me to production.......DAMN VT!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

First album for later........haha.......my itunes knows me.

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac31/bluefox4000/Lindsey.jpg

I should try this with mine, too, and see what it comes up with.

I know this thread doesn't have my name on it. Ask me if I care. :P

I haven't been around much for a couple of days...I'll have some catching up to do.

First album for later........haha.......my itunes knows me.

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac31/bluefox4000/Lindsey.jpg

I should try this with mine, too, and see what it comes up with.

I know this thread doesn't have my name on it. Ask me if I care. :P

I haven't been around much for a couple of days...I'll have some catching up to do.

it's ok....jump in......all are welcome. Just be advised your in.......MY HOUSE :P

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Its OUR HOUSE Mick
  • Like 2

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

Mick

I used to do that when I was younger. Every few weeks I would hop around from one band to the next. It was just a period of time where I knew there was a lot of great music out there and if I didn't keep moving from one band to the next, I felt like i was missing something I needed to hear. Even today i'll marathon listen to a bands stuff for a few weeks and then go to the next one. But now it's more about just rediscovering the discographies of bands i've liked for years. I think I get where Segue is coming from here.

• Like 2

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

Mick

I used to do that when I was younger. Every few weeks I would hop around from one band to the next. It was just a period of time where I knew there was a lot of great music out there and if I didn't keep moving from one band to the next, I felt like i was missing something I needed to hear. Even today i'll marathon listen to a bands stuff for a few weeks and then go to the next one. But now it's more about just rediscovering the discographies of bands i've liked for years. I think I get where Segue is coming from here.

That is me exactly, only I am in the middle of discovering entire decades worth of bands that created music that I had no idea existed whilst growing up, and they fill a void I never knew I had. I binge listen to bands, and of all the bands I rave about, believe me, their are a LOT that don't get mentioned because they did zilch for me. I just highlight the ones I enjoyed!

Plus, I have been rediscovering bands I already loved. Nightwish, Paradise Lost, HIM, Evanescence...bands of my youth that I grew out of, I finally grew back into!