Jump to content


POINTLESS POLL 3! Hemisphese vs. Hemispheres (!)

segue myles bluefox blue j hemispheres pointless polls we love lorraine lorraine ftw! Narpski Zumbi

  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: POINTLESS POLL 3! Hemisphese vs. Hemispheres (!) (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Which side of this fabulous album is the best?

  1. Side A: Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres (15 votes [42.86%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 42.86%

  2. Side B: Circumstances; The Trees; La Villa Strangiato (20 votes [57.14%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:54 PM

View PostBlue J, on 07 May 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 07 May 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

View PostBlue J, on 07 May 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 07 May 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

i just realised i mispelt hemispheres as "hemisphese"

I believe you also misspelt 'misspelt'.

:o

O shush you...lol :codger:

Haha!

You know I love you, kind sir.

YAY! Back at you broski!

Sponsored Post

#22 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

    The Dad Abides

  • Members
  • 10260 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 07 May 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 07 May 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 07 May 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 07 May 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Side 1 isn't that great. Side 2 is amazing.

I look forward to your transition.

Transition? Been listening to it for nearly 30 years trying to figure out why people
Think its so great. Its easily 5 minutes too long. Dont get me wrong its a great piece of music just could have used some judicious editing.

Well...I still don't get the hype for...erm...ATWAS...
It rocks. Whats not to like about it? Dare I hype it too much.

#23 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostDigital Dad, on 07 May 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 07 May 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 07 May 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 07 May 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 07 May 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Side 1 isn't that great. Side 2 is amazing.

I look forward to your transition.

Transition? Been listening to it for nearly 30 years trying to figure out why people
Think its so great. Its easily 5 minutes too long. Dont get me wrong its a great piece of music just could have used some judicious editing.

Well...I still don't get the hype for...erm...ATWAS...
It rocks. Whats not to like about it? Dare I hype it too much.

I currently do not enjoy most of the tracklist, but I do think thee versions of every song on the album matches or surpasses what they did in the studio.

#24 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15749 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:17 PM

I still don't see the special magic to AFTK......doesn't me i will never see it, lol

Mick

#25 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 07 May 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

I still don't see the special magic to AFTK......doesn't me i will never see it, lol

Mick

Its ok...we all have major flaws that others have to spend years convincing themselves they can overlook.

#26 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Duluth, MN
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

I favor the epic journey of Book II.

#27 Self-Indulgence

Self-Indulgence

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4622 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Interests:Music

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

Side B. Only because La Villa Strangiato(An Exercise In Self-Indulgence)
  • I. Buenos Nochas, Mein Froinds! - 0:00
  • II. To Sleep, perchance to dream... - 0:27
  • III. Strangiato theme - 1:59
  • IV. A Lerxst in Wonderland - 3:15
  • V. Monsters! - 5:49
  • VI. The Ghost of the Aragon - 6:09
  • VII. Danforth and Pape - 6:45
  • VIII. The Waltz of the Shreves - 7:26
  • IX. Never turn your back on a Monster! - 7:52
  • X. Monsters! (Reprise) - 8:02
  • XI. Strangiato theme (Reprise) - 8:17
  • XII. A Farewell to Things - 9:20

...may be the best instrumental Rush song ever written.

#28 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42212 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

There is no "may be" about it.

La Villa IS the best instrumental Rush song ever and one of the best instrumental songs written by any band ever.

#29 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostSelf-Indulgence, on 07 May 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

Side B. Only because La Villa Strangiato(An Exercise In Self-Indulgence)
  • I. Buenos Nochas, Mein Froinds! - 0:00
  • II. To Sleep, perchance to dream... - 0:27
  • III. Strangiato theme - 1:59
  • IV. A Lerxst in Wonderland - 3:15
  • V. Monsters! - 5:49
  • VI. The Ghost of the Aragon - 6:09
  • VII. Danforth and Pape - 6:45
  • VIII. The Waltz of the Shreves - 7:26
  • IX. Never turn your back on a Monster! - 7:52
  • X. Monsters! (Reprise) - 8:02
  • XI. Strangiato theme (Reprise) - 8:17
  • XII. A Farewell to Things - 9:20
...may be the best instrumental Rush song ever written.

Definitely!

#30 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

View PostLorraine, on 07 May 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

There is no "may be" about it.

La Villa IS the best instrumental Rush song ever and one of the best instrumental songs written by any band ever.

I am not saying other instrumentals of Rush are not great, but none of them come close to LVS!

#31 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 17672 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

View PostLorraine, on 07 May 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

There is no "may be" about it.

La Villa IS the best instrumental Rush song ever and one of the best instrumental songs written by any band ever.

:goodone:

#32 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 17672 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 07 May 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 07 May 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

There is no "may be" about it.

La Villa IS the best instrumental Rush song ever and one of the best instrumental songs written by any band ever.

I am not saying other instrumentals of Rush are not great, but none of them come close to LVS!

I agree with that, too- but La Villa is top, without question.

#33 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

View PostBlue J, on 07 May 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 07 May 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 07 May 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

There is no "may be" about it.

La Villa IS the best instrumental Rush song ever and one of the best instrumental songs written by any band ever.

I am not saying other instrumentals of Rush are not great, but none of them come close to LVS!

I agree with that, too- but La Villa is top, without question.

Nightwish today release instrumental versions of every new album, and I really REALLY wish we could hear some of Rush's albums this way. I am not saying I wish they released albums without vocals, but Hemispheres without vocals would be mesmerising!

#34 apetersvt

apetersvt

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3427 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

Absolutely love La Villa, but gotta go with side 1.

#35 Cyclonus X-1

Cyclonus X-1

    Yurts >>>>>>> Gers

  • Members *
  • 61498 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Interests:Music, literature, sports.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:09 PM

Well, I prefer Circumstances to the title track, so I guess that decides it.

#36 Disk98

Disk98

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3925 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:54 PM

I didn't even have to think.  La Villa alone wins it for side two.  But that's not hard, considering what a PoS side one is.

#37 Texas King

Texas King

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1447 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

Side 2 by a lightyear!

#38 Earthshine

Earthshine

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4302 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:55 AM

Side A. My favorite piece by Rush ever!

#39 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:24 AM

Side 1. It's just epic.  Nothing against side 2 but 1 is perfect.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: segue myles, bluefox, blue j, hemispheres, pointless, polls, we love lorraine, lorraine ftw!, Narpski, Zumbi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users