Notable songs missing from the spoiler list

CaressMySteel

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which songs are most likely to be played during R40?

• Xanadu
    • Limelight
    • Freewill
    • La Villa
    • The Trees
    • Working Man
    • In the Mood

Now that everyone likely has had a gander at the tour book spoilers, what are your thoughts about some of the notable songs that weren't included?

The big ones to me are Xanadu, Limelight, Freewill, La Villa Strangiato, The Trees, Working Man and In the Mood.

Of these which do you think are most likely to be included this tour? I added a poll on this topic.

Any others you were surprised weren't included on the tour book spoiler?

Edited by CaressMySteel

Now that everyone likely has had a gander at the tour book spoilers, what are your thoughts about some of the notable songs that weren't included?

The big ones to me are Xanadu, Limelight, Freewill, La Villa Strangiato, The Trees, Working Man and In the Mood.

Of these which do you think are most likely to be included this tour? I added a poll on this topic.

Well considering the tubular bells are shown in that picture of Neil from the tour book, I would say it would have to be Xanadu.

Well considering the tubular bells are shown in that picture of Neil from the tour book, I would say it would have to be Xanadu.

He could have them for CTTH.

Although I would agree Xanadu is very likely.

• Like 2

In the Mood- No chance. IMO

Why not?

If they're thinking chronological then ITM makes perfect sense since it was their closing song for many years.

25 Years out of the setlist, I think it's not liked by the guys for some reason.

Personal belief. It Makes sense, I think Working Man is the 'Rush' song

Just because they weren't in the tour book doesn't mean that they won't be playing it. That just means they don't have a video for the song.

Exactly. That's why I asked which one of the notable songs left off the spoiler list would be included. I'm 99.9% sure, some of these songs will be played.

Why not?

If they're thinking chronological then ITM makes perfect sense since it was their closing song for many years.

The answer to that ? Is if you think 2112 closed the 2nd set or is the encore

Why not?

Betcha 16 cents that 2112 closes the 2nd set ;)

Why not?

Betcha 16 cents that 2112 closes the 2nd set ;)

Those two video credits at after 2112 make me nervous....

Just had a WILD thought.

IF 2112 ends the 2nd set AND

The set stays chronological THEN

The encore has to open with;

(A) something else from 2112 (PTB?) OR

(B) something from COS

So, if it is COS, WHAT IF the 2nd set opens, to start a medley, with Alex strumming the opening to FOL? After that they can break into other songs from COS, FBN, and RUSH ending with In The Mood.

If this happens, I think we have found the crown jewel of gems so many seek.....

Edited by dtpoet

He could have them for CTTH.

Although I would agree Xanadu is very likely.

There are multiple songs with Tubular Bells in the current setlist spoilers: Closer, Cygnus-X1, Jacob's Ladder, The Camera Eye..... it's impossible he'll play all those AND leave out the most FAMOUs of them... Xanadu. :finbar: I'm predicting that The Camera Eye will probably be the intro/one verse/one chorus and the guitar solo (Like Signals), and Xanadu will probably be the same.... Can't wait!

A video for Xanadu would only be a distraction.

LASERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And smoke!!!) :sundog:

You mean the smoke that will be coming from the audience if they play it :smoke:

Only if they add Red Rocks to the tour list.

One article I read (it was linked here somewhere) was that the R40 "concept" is celebrating Neil's arrival into the band/recording of FBN (1975)... I would NOT be surprised if Rush (the album) was not represented!

Edited by Jaminbenb

So, a lot of folks think Limelight, Xanadu and La Villa will be played. Add those songs to the rumored setlist and you've got a "greatest hits" tour of sorts. It might not be what some hardcore Rush fans want, but it would be a good setlist with some great Rush songs and a fitting arrangement for what the band has called their last major tour.