Article from the tulsa paper

CaressMySteel

The band, which hails from Canada, formed in the late 1960s but made several personnel changes before rolling its current lineup out with 1974’s self-titled debut album.

:oops:

ETA: We should email blast this guy over the error. Assault of the RUSH-Nerd Alliance. :D

Edited by goose

The band, which hails from Canada, formed in the late 1960s but made several personnel changes before rolling its current lineup out with 1974’s self-titled debut album.

ETA: We should email blast this guy over the error. Assault of the RUSH-Nerd Alliance. :D

Be nice. It's a decent article with one error.

Pfft.

• Like 2

Pfft.

Maybe it's just me but IMO it's pretty bad journalism if you make a mistake that could easily have been corrected by visiting the relevant official site and/or wikipedia page. This is a news paper and not some Joe Blow blog.

• Like 1

meh - if that's the only bad thing, I'll let it slide. Overall a great piece, and man - wish I was in Tulsa this week.

First paragraph from the Rush wikipedia page...

Rush is a Canadian rock band formed in August 1968 in the Willowdale neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario. The band is composed of bassist, keyboardist, and lead vocalist Geddy Lee; guitarist and backing vocalist Alex Lifeson; and drummer, percussionist, and lyricist Neil Peart. The band and its membership went through several reconfigurations between 1968 and 1974, achieving its current form when Peart replaced original drummer John Rutsey in July 1974, two weeks before the group's first United States tour.

Pfft.

That is the Oklahoma way. Goose is probably some mean Yankee. ;)

Pfft.

Maybe it's just me but IMO it's pretty bad journalism if you make a mistake that could easily have been corrected by visiting the relevant official site and/or wikipedia page. This is a news paper and not some Joe Blow blog.

No, it's not just you. It's sloppy journalism, and there is no excuse for the error.

Pfft.

No, it's not just you. It's sloppy journalism, and there is no excuse for the error.

I used to write for a magazine covering Texas High School Football. I've made errors before. Sometimes I actually knew the facts and I just wrote them down wrong. I don't begrudge the guy too much. I'm sure the Tulsa paper doesn't have much of a budget to hire editors and fact checkers for their entertainment articles. I noticed the mistake and someone pointed it out in the comments section on the paper's website, but I'm just glad they wrote the article and had some positive things to say about the band.
  • Like 1

Trivia: The Tulsa papers like most in Oklahoma are on furlough with small staffs doing more with less. News paper reporter=dying career.

If the guy should be blasted about anything it is the poor grammar in that sentence.

• Like 1

....in other news, the rodeo will be town next week at the Tulsa Arena, followed shortly thereafter by Monster Truck Madness.

Pfft.

These journalists make $19,000 per year, all of us put forth a better effort for free on TRF

• Like 1

wow, this is a pretty sloppy error to make considering he could have done better by spending 30 seconds on wikipedia. Nevertheless, the tone of the article is very positive so cut the writer slack. We've all screwed up before and I doubt many people in Tulsa who read that paper will even know who Rush is Edited by LaVillaSean

Pfft.

These journalists make $19,000 per year, all of us put forth a better effort for free on TRF

For free???? Young man, don't you know the esteem attached to being a member of TRF? Why, that and $1,000.00 will get you an excellent seat at the next Rush concert!! :yes:

• Like 1

Pfft.

For free???? Young man, don't you know the esteem attached to being a member of TRF? Why, that and $1,000.00 will get you an excellent seat at the next Rush concert!! :yes:

TRUE- But I only spent $303 for my excellent seats

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/acf1df7705d11ead80866a9dfb030aee_zpsntopjiqm.jpg

Pfft.

TRUE- But I only spent $303 for my excellent seats

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/acf1df7705d11ead80866a9dfb030aee_zpsntopjiqm.jpg

$303 for seat - $697.00 credit for being an esteemed TRF member.

If the guy should be blasted about anything it is the poor grammar in that sentence.

That's exactly what I thought too. :LOL:

• Like 1

I was less worried about this error in the article and more jealous of the part- "many Rush sightings around town this week." Some towns have all the luck!

• Like 1

Pfft.

The most cursory review would bring the error up. I don't fault him, but that's a lesson to all of us regarding what we read in the paper. You can't trust it 100%.

That's why I get all my news online.

Edited by goose

meh - if that's the only bad thing, I'll let it slide. Overall a great piece, and man - wish I was in Tulsa this week.

Given the choice, I'd rather be in LA for the last show.