Sponsored Post

#2 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53752 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:09 AM

The band, which hails from Canada, formed in the late 1960s but made several personnel changes before rolling its current lineup out with 1974’s self-titled debut album.

:oops:

ETA:  We should email blast this guy over the error.  Assault of the RUSH-Nerd Alliance.  :D

Edited by goose, 06 May 2015 - 10:10 AM.

#3 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 21072 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:09 AM

oh

#4 Snaked

Snaked

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3339 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:14 AM

View Postgoose, on 06 May 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

The band, which hails from Canada, formed in the late 1960s but made several personnel changes before rolling its current lineup out with 1974’s self-titled debut album.

ETA:  We should email blast this guy over the error.  Assault of the RUSH-Nerd Alliance.  :D

Be nice. It's a decent article with one error.
Pfft.

#5 robertrobyn

robertrobyn

Positive attitude, positive results

• Members
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Rush and More Rush!! Collecting Rush Stuff!!! My Family!

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:15 AM

he made one little timeline error but the rest of the article was extremely praising I would give a guy a break

#6 USB Connector

USB Connector

Trek for Echo

• Members *
  • 8282 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the final frontier as captain of the Galaxy Class Starship Rocinante (registry NCC-2112).

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

View PostSnaked, on 06 May 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

Pfft.

Maybe it's just me but IMO it's pretty bad journalism if you make a mistake that could easily have been corrected by visiting the relevant official site and/or wikipedia page. This is a news paper and not some Joe Blow blog.

#7 GotPeart

GotPeart

The Seeker

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Drums, all things Rush, football, basketball, hockey, baseball, NC State, my family

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

meh - if that's the only bad thing, I'll let it slide.  Overall a great piece, and man - wish I was in Tulsa this week.

#8 Bhawk2112

Bhawk2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:35 AM

First paragraph from the Rush wikipedia page...

Rush is a Canadian rock band formed in August 1968 in the Willowdale neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario. The band is composed of bassist, keyboardist, and lead vocalist Geddy Lee; guitarist and backing vocalist Alex Lifeson; and drummer, percussionist, and lyricist Neil Peart. The band and its membership went through several reconfigurations between 1968 and 1974, achieving its current form when Peart replaced original drummer John Rutsey in July 1974, two weeks before the group's first United States tour.

#9 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23451 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

Pfft.
That is the Oklahoma way. Goose is probably some mean Yankee.  ;)

#10 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostUSB Connector, on 06 May 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

Pfft.

Maybe it's just me but IMO it's pretty bad journalism if you make a mistake that could easily have been corrected by visiting the relevant official site and/or wikipedia page. This is a news paper and not some Joe Blow blog.

No, it's not just you.  It's sloppy journalism, and there is no excuse for the error.

#11 CaressMySteel

CaressMySteel

The Seeker

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostLorraine, on 06 May 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

Pfft.

No, it's not just you.  It's sloppy journalism, and there is no excuse for the error.
I used to write for a magazine covering Texas High School Football.  I've made errors before.  Sometimes I actually knew the facts and I just wrote them down wrong.  I don't begrudge the guy too much.  I'm sure the Tulsa paper doesn't have much of a budget to hire editors and fact checkers for their entertainment articles.  I noticed the mistake and someone pointed it out in the comments section on the paper's website, but I'm just glad they wrote the article and had some positive things to say about the band.

#12 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23451 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:22 AM

Trivia: The Tulsa papers like most in Oklahoma are on furlough with small staffs doing more with less. News paper reporter=dying career.

#13 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:31 AM

If the guy should be blasted about anything it is the poor grammar in that sentence.

#14 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3775 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

....in other news, the rodeo will be town next week at the Tulsa Arena, followed shortly thereafter by Monster Truck Madness.

#15 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

Big Hat Funny!

• Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

Pfft.

These journalists make $19,000 per year, all of us put forth a better effort for free on TRF

#16 LaVillaSean

LaVillaSean

The Seeker

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:30 PM

wow, this is a pretty sloppy error to make considering he could have done better by spending 30 seconds on wikipedia. Nevertheless, the tone of the article is very positive so cut the writer slack. We've all screwed up before and I doubt many people in Tulsa who read that paper will even know who Rush is

Edited by LaVillaSean, 06 May 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#17 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 06 May 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Pfft.

These journalists make $19,000 per year, all of us put forth a better effort for free on TRF

For free????  Young man, don't you know the esteem attached to being a member of TRF?  Why, that and $1,000.00 will get you an excellent seat at the next Rush concert!! :yes:

#18 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

Big Hat Funny!

• Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostLorraine, on 06 May 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Pfft.

For free????  Young man, don't you know the esteem attached to being a member of TRF?  Why, that and $1,000.00 will get you an excellent seat at the next Rush concert!! :yes:
TRUE- But I only spent $303 for my excellent seats

Posted Image

#19 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 06 May 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 06 May 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Pfft.

TRUE- But I only spent $303 for my excellent seats

Posted Image

$303 for seat - $697.00 credit for being an esteemed TRF member.

#20 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:26 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 06 May 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

If the guy should be blasted about anything it is the poor grammar in that sentence.

That's exactly what I thought too. :lol:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users