Another tourbook spoiler confirmation

94 replies to this topic

#81 ljr869

ljr869

The Seeker

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

Maybe a big, rotating chromy / current kit platform???

Sponsored Post

#82 BrightAntennae

BrightAntennae

The Seeker

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Music, Hiking/Camping

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:11 PM

View Postljr869, on 07 May 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

Maybe a big, rotating chromy / current kit platform???

That sounds likely. Have a black drop cover over it during 1st set (or whenever they need to reveal it) and then rotate the platform 180 deg for chrome kit.
Hmmm.....maybe.

#83 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21869 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

They've said they're not going to have a rotating kit but that doesn't mean they couldn't have a separate platform.

#84 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 7158 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostBrightAntennae, on 07 May 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

I could be very wrong, but the idea of having two drum kits is a stretch. It sounds like a logistics nightmare trying to have two separate kits set up, mic'd etc.
Maybe there is an easy way to accomplish it, but at the very least this sounds like double work for Gump.

I guess that they could have both kits set up on a rolling platform and swap out during the intermission??? All would be needed is to run a separate run of mic cables to the drum/cymbal/gong mics and audio lines to the mallet Kat. Which would be very cool!

But more than likely the Chrome kit will be used as a static piece or possibly used in a comedy sketch / parody.

Kinda like if they had two headline bands touring together (like the Yes n Toto tour at an arena near you!)

#85 aarondrake

aarondrake

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:51 PM

Definitely 2 separate things, I allows the 1st one to be tore down and put away during the 2nd 1/2 of the show.  More convenient.

#86 BrightAntennae

BrightAntennae

The Seeker

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:09 PM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 07 May 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

I could be very wrong, but the idea of having two drum kits is a stretch. It sounds like a logistics nightmare trying to have two separate kits set up, mic'd etc.
Maybe there is an easy way to accomplish it, but at the very least this sounds like double work for Gump.

I guess that they could have both kits set up on a rolling platform and swap out during the intermission??? All would be needed is to run a separate run of mic cables to the drum/cymbal/gong mics and audio lines to the mallet Kat. Which would be very cool!

But more than likely the Chrome kit will be used as a static piece or possibly used in a comedy sketch / parody.

Kinda like if they had two headline bands touring together (like the Yes n Toto tour at an arena near you!)

Right, but the main difference is they have two separate road crews. And probably 2 main sound boards.

Edited by BrightAntennae, 07 May 2015 - 07:09 PM.

#87 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

Minister of Silly Walks

• Members *
  • 61785 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:22 PM

View PostBrightAntennae, on 07 May 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

Right, but the main difference is they have two separate road crews. And probably 2 main sound boards.

And two different kinds of soup. :)

#88 BrightAntennae

BrightAntennae

The Seeker

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:21 AM

View Postlerxt1990, on 07 May 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

View PostBrightAntennae, on 07 May 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

And two different kinds of soup. :)

Ahhh yes, the soup!

#89 BlairC45

BlairC45

The Seeker

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Music, Biography (Artist/Bands) Books, Photography

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:44 AM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 07 May 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

View Postgongbass, on 06 May 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

From what John Good (DW President) said in a recent interview (that SRO made most sites take down), this kit is going to be played in the second half of the show, which will focus on older material. It's modeled after the 1977-79 Slingerland "Black Chrome" kit. I believe it does have 2 timbales and a gong bass drum (in place of timpani). Not sure in terms of the additional acoustic percussion.

Does any know if the tourbook has more pics? Or text about the kit in the gear section? I going to an additional show just to see him play this thing!

Fans:

Thank you for drumming up interest for our forthcoming tour. Unfortunately, the kit pictured here is simply for historical reference, to be included in our R40 Traveling Museum, accompanying our tour.

Ged, Al and I thought this would be obvious to our fans as we no longer play songs 1977 - 1979.

Furthermore, talk of my imminent retirement is premature, as Clockwork Angels needs to be played live for years to come.

Many thanks,
Neil

Don't know if this letter is truly real or not if Neil DID said this ..... and the way I interpreted so looks like he's going to use his Chrome kit during the WHOLE Concert and the R40 Kit use as a show peace in an Traveling Museum, Am I right or wrong? Or someone made that "quote" up?

#90 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 7158 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostBlairC45, on 08 May 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

From what John Good (DW President) said in a recent interview (that SRO made most sites take down), this kit is going to be played in the second half of the show, which will focus on older material. It's modeled after the 1977-79 Slingerland "Black Chrome" kit. I believe it does have 2 timbales and a gong bass drum (in place of timpani). Not sure in terms of the additional acoustic percussion.

Does any know if the tourbook has more pics? Or text about the kit in the gear section? I going to an additional show just to see him play this thing!

Fans:

Thank you for drumming up interest for our forthcoming tour. Unfortunately, the kit pictured here is simply for historical reference, to be included in our R40 Traveling Museum, accompanying our tour.

Ged, Al and I thought this would be obvious to our fans as we no longer play songs 1977 - 1979.

Furthermore, talk of my imminent retirement is premature, as Clockwork Angels needs to be played live for years to come.

Many thanks,
Neil

Don't know if this letter is truly real or not if Neil DID said this ..... and the way I interpreted so looks like he's going to use his Chrome kit during the WHOLE Concert and the R40 Kit use as a show peace in an Traveling Museum, Am I right or wrong? Or someone made that "quote" up?

apologies Blair ;)

"drumming up interest"
"traveling museum" (a book title pun)
boldly proclaiming more CA tours,
over the top😃

enjoy the show tonite!

#91 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9467 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

I wonder if alexs camel toe will return?

#92 BlairC45

BlairC45

The Seeker

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Music, Biography (Artist/Bands) Books, Photography

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:43 AM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 08 May 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

View PostBlairC45, on 08 May 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

Fans:

Many thanks,
Neil

apologies Blair ;)

"drumming up interest"
"traveling museum" (a book title pun)
boldly proclaiming more CA tours,
over the top

enjoy the show tonite!

Ok cool Gabrielgil513 thanks for clearing that up ;) - I have to wait until June 17th (Toronto Show)

#93 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostClassicB, on 07 May 2015 - 06:31 AM, said:

View PostJustin Case, on 06 May 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

I just looked for gear specs, and there is nothing in the tour book.  There is a beautiful pic of Ged surrounded by about 25 bass guitars and it lists them all out, but nothing on drums or guitar (unless it's buried deep in the credits).

Anything about his doubleneck?

No, but you can expect to see Alex's double chin.

#94 Pars123

Pars123

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC!:)

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

Has anyone seen GEDDY'S page?? I have it! But I don't know how to post it via mobile!

#95 bathory

bathory

Book Würm

• Members *
  • 9573 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:31 PM

f**k yeah!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users