Another tourbook spoiler confirmation

94 replies to this topic

#41 amalignantfarcry

amalignantfarcry

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

Here is hoping his solo will be a duplicate of 1981 on that there kit. It certainly is set up for success.

You all can't tell me that Neil looks perfect behind that? I have missed that set up since 1989-90. Not talking bells. Talking double bass with concert toms and cowbells where they belong. Perfect.

Have HATED his DW look since 96.

Sponsored Post

#42 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2897 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

View Postamalignantfarcry, on 06 May 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

Here is hoping his solo will be a duplicate of 1981 on that there kit. It certainly is set up for success.

You all can't tell me that Neil looks perfect behind that? I have missed that set up since 1989-90. Not talking bells. Talking double bass with concert toms and cowbells where they belong. Perfect.

Have HATED his DW look since 96.

II always thought he looked awkward playing the way his "new" kit was set up...almost like he put things where he wanted them, but was struggling to reach them...when he first came out with it, and was playing traditional grip, it looked a little more natural, but as he slid away from that style and back to matched grip, that set just didn't look comfortable...especially the angle of the toms, and where they were placed...but it's not me, and I never tried that, so I can't totally comment on it...

Edited by Jaminbenb, 06 May 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#43 GotPeart

GotPeart

The Seeker

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Drums, all things Rush, football, basketball, hockey, baseball, NC State, my family

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:47 AM

I WANT THAT KIT!!!!!!!!  

Love that pic!  Boys are going to have some fun on this tour I bet!  Can't wait!  T-minus 22 days for me!

#44 kevind2112

kevind2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Music! I play drums mainly, but have been known to dabble in guitar, bass, keyboards, and I sing. Jack-of-all-trades (master of none!).

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

That is a thing of beauty.

Makes me even more determined to get to the Boston show. It's definitely NOT in my budget (kids in college, etc...) but man, I've got to see that kit in action!

#45 ClassicB

ClassicB

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:25 AM

I was waiting to buy tickets to the Boston show because if RUSH came out on stage with the usual setup's (Neils same DW kit, stage props etc...) then i was going to buy the cheap nose bleeds seats but now after seeing this, it is going to cost me as i am going to SPEND money to get as close as possible to the stage!

#46 gongbass

gongbass

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Music, Baseball, Running, Books, Travel.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:43 AM

From what John Good (DW President) said in a recent interview (that SRO made most sites take down), this kit is going to be played in the second half of the show, which will focus on older material. It's modeled after the 1977-79 Slingerland "Black Chrome" kit. I believe it does have 2 timbales and a gong bass drum (in place of timpani). Not sure in terms of the additional acoustic percussion.

Does any know if the tourbook has more pics? Or text about the kit in the gear section? I going to an additional show just to see him play this thing!

#47 Justin Case

Justin Case

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1560 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:45 AM

View Postgongbass, on 06 May 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

From what John Good (DW President) said in a recent interview (that SRO made most sites take down), this kit is going to be played in the second half of the show, which will focus on older material. It's modeled after the 1977-79 Slingerland "Black Chrome" kit. I believe it does have 2 timbales and a gong bass drum (in place of timpani). Not sure in terms of the additional acoustic percussion.

Does any know if the tourbook has more pics? Or text about the kit in the gear section? I going to an additional show just to see him play this thing!

This is the only pic I noticed that included this kit.  There are pics of the other kit.  Did not read the gear specs.  I've got a lot to do before I leave for Tulsa tomorrow morning, but if I have time and think about it, I'll take a pic of that and post it tonight.  No promises though.

#48 ClassicB

ClassicB

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:14 AM

View PostJustin Case, on 06 May 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

View Postgongbass, on 06 May 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

This is the only pic I noticed that included this kit.  There are pics of the other kit.  Did not read the gear specs.  I've got a lot to do before I leave for Tulsa tomorrow morning, but if I have time and think about it, I'll take a pic of that and post it tonight.  No promises though.

I hope the first set (half) of the show is short!

#49 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

The Professor

• Members
  • 4424 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Bass, Drums, some guitar but I suck

--

My roguelike!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/547980/Equin_The_Lantern/

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostJustin Case, on 05 May 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

Either I've completely missed it, or I'm shocked this photo hasn't been making the rounds yet.

Posted Image

Discuss....

God damn, now THAT is a drumset!!!!
And double bass is back, woo hoo!!!

#50 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

The Professor

• Members
  • 4424 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Bass, Drums, some guitar but I suck

--

My roguelike!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/547980/Equin_The_Lantern/

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:37 AM

View Postkevind2112, on 06 May 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

That is a thing of beauty.

Makes me even more determined to get to the Boston show. It's definitely NOT in my budget (kids in college, etc...) but man, I've got to see that kit in action!

1994 April 24 - Civic Center -- Hartford, Connecticut (Candlebox)
1994 May 1 - Civic Center -- Providence, Rhode Island (Candlebox)
1996 November 9 - The FleetCenter -- Boston, Massachusetts
1996 November 10 - Hartford Civic Center -- Hartford, Connecticut
1997 June 23 - Great Woods Center -- Mansfield, Massachusetts

Awesome, man we were at 3 of the same shows back then! That Hartford one in '94 was my first RUSH concert and at the time I had no idea what Hemispheres Prelude was.

P.S: We were joking that when Crapplebox was on we should go grab a hot dog and test out the earplugs and stuff.

Edited by Del_Duio, 06 May 2015 - 10:38 AM.

#51 GeminiRising79

GeminiRising79

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2713 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

Lol, the fog is a classic touch. Love it.

#52 GotPeart

GotPeart

The Seeker

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Drums, all things Rush, football, basketball, hockey, baseball, NC State, my family

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

i can see his single bass kit being used for the stuff that showed up in the other spoiler thread.  

Then this kit is used for older material that may not have video accompanyment.  

But we'll see.  Can't wait!

#53 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2897 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostGotPeart, on 06 May 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

i can see his single bass kit being used for the stuff that showed up in the other spoiler thread.  

Then this kit is used for older material that may not have video accompanyment.  

But we'll see.  Can't wait!

THAT'S the thing...they don't have video for every song...people are thinking that the video listing is the "end all " to the set list...

#54 ljr869

ljr869

The Seeker

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:09 PM

Finally... back to the double bass drums.

#55 Syrinx

Syrinx

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1968 posts
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys!

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:22 PM

I love it!  Nice touch.

#56 MMCXII

MMCXII

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6215 posts
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:38 PM

Wow I was wrong!

Now it makes sense that Neil was divulging info on his tour kit.. Because this time the surprise is a second kit!!

#57 greyfriar

greyfriar

River Rhine BurgerMeister

• Members
  • 8158 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

#58 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14431 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:11 PM

Anybody think this is a shitty photoshop?Posted Image

#59 Justin Case

Justin Case

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1560 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

I just looked for gear specs, and there is nothing in the tour book.  There is a beautiful pic of Ged surrounded by about 25 bass guitars and it lists them all out, but nothing on drums or guitar (unless it's buried deep in the credits).

#60 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21897 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:14 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 06 May 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

Anybody think this is a shitty photoshop?Posted Image

I knew as soon as it was posted that someone would say that. :lol: What about it do you think has been altered?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users