Most Boring Concert

toymaker

Sorry if this has been done before. What's the most boring 2 or 3 hours of "entertainment" you've witnessed? For me, REM on the Green tour. ZZZZZZZZ
  • Like 1

Mine was probably seeing Lita Ford open for Def Leppard back in 2012. That was just sad and painful to watch, and it wasn't entertaining in the slightest.

Jimmy buffet....yes i was dragged by a dopey parrot head relative, lol. incidentally it was also one of the most ear splitingly loud shows i've been to......i kid you not.

Mick

• Like 4

Mine was probably seeing Lita Ford open for Def Leppard back in 2012. That was just sad and painful to watch, and it wasn't entertaining in the slightest.

Why was it sad and painful to watch?

lita ford is old and worn out

• Like 2

testament weren't boring though so hmm...

this one band called gaza sucked really bad. some band opening for another band called spirit caravan sucked really bad too

Decades of her Runaway lifestyle have taken its toll on her, and she couldn't sing worth a damn. Her guitar playing was alright but a little sloppy. The crowd definitely wasn't into it, either.

I have not seen her live yet. But on the live albums and bootlegs I have with her, I think she sound good. And I really like her latest studio album! Her best one!

oh i was dragged to 2 Madonna tours.....cause my brother worked on them.

Why does/did anyone care about this waste of estrogen.

i spent most of the 2nd show in the lobby.

Mick

• Like 2

And the guys in Rush is older then Lita and they still rock.

Pearl Jam- Vs. Tour 1994

Having spent the entire 1980's going to over 100 shows, seeing every act imaginable, I got 2 tickets to Pearl Jam on the Vs. tour.

While I had the 2 PJ Cd's at the time, I was just too damn old, and did not understand the fans excitement.

I attribute it to growing up with Big stages, GUP lasers, Pink Floyd's floating animals, Iron Maiden with Eddie running around, Kiss breathing fire

This was 5 guys playing with 1 spotlight, it was just lost on me.

1st time at age 27 I felt too old for a concert

• Like 1

they is older then does lita yes but i do does think rush rock more, no? Yes

• Like 1

They've lived far cleaner lives than Lita Ford.

• Like 1

Pearl Jam- Vs. Tour 1994

Having spent the entire 1980's going to over 100 shows, seeing every act imaginable, I got 2 tickets to Pearl Jam on the Vs. tour.

While I had the 2 PJ Cd's at the time, I was just too damn old, and did not understand the fans excitement.

I attribute it to growing up with Big stages, GUP lasers, Pink Floyd's floating animals, Iron Maiden with Eddie running around, Kiss breathing fire

This was 5 guys playing with 1 spotlight, it was just lost on me.

1st time at age 27 I felt too old for a concert

I guess it depends on what matters more - the music or the stageshow. ideally, a bit of both is good but I've never knocked a show for not having lots of lasers and pyro

• Like 1

The very last concert I ever went to in 1988 - The Moody Blues - who had fallen so far away from what they had once been it wasn't amusing. And it was an exceedingly boring concert.

from what it sounds like, every moody show after a certain year is a sad, sad snoozefest. I had a teacher who was a big fan and saw them in the 90s and he said he fell asleep.

• Like 3

The very last concert I ever went to in 1988 - The Moody Blues - who had fallen so far away from what they had once been it wasn't amusing. And it was an exceedingly boring concert.

from what it sounds like, every moody show after a certain year is a sad, sad snoozefest. I had a teacher who was a big fan and saw them in the 90s and he said he fell asleep.

And Edge himself always looks like he's about to pass out on the kit. Whatever little he plays.

Mick

• Like 1

And Edge himself always looks like he's about to pass out on the kit. Whatever little he plays.

Mick

They haven't changed their set list in probably fifteen or more years. They do one week of rehearsal before a tour starts. They are now touring almost all the time for money.

Graeme started losing strength in his arms in the early nineties due to an injury. so they employed Gordy to do backup. Initially he had lots of enthusiasm, but now he looks bored as hell too.

They gave poor Ray the heave-ho in a ruthless manner and found a woman that plays the flute as well. But she no longer looks happy either.

Justin still can sing. Somewhat. But his voice cracks at times and he can't hold long notes the way he used to.

Not sure how good John ever was as a bass player, but he's the only smiling face on stage.

It's pitiful. That's what I think of when I read how so many here want Rush to keep going - I think of The Moody Blues, or what's left of them.

You don't want that to happen to Rush.

• Like 2

Weather Report, the jazz group, in 1977. They had Wayne Shorter, Jaco Pastorius and Joe Zawinul, all huge jazz guys and they were excellent- it wasn't them, it was me! :facepalm: I was only a teenager and didn't have an ear for fusion jazz or what I was listening to at all; my brain just couldn't process it. I just kept waiting for them to play Birdland. Someone recently sent me a tape of a show from that tour and (of course) it was a lot better than I remembered :) Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1