R40 Fails to connect with Unhappy, Crybaby Fans

Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhh  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Setlist Blues--are you part of the 90% unhappy Rush fans?

• I'm not Happy. 90% team captain
    • I'm Happy. This is awesome. Count me as the positive 10%
    • WTF is the 90%?

This is really a tour that is a gift to all the old Rush fans. They know this material has been unplayed for a long time. It's the fans from the early years that have been left out. The band seems to finally be willing to play these songs again and make those fans happy too. So what's not to like?

Breaking out "What You're Doing" made it for me. That's one I really wanted to hear live someday, but had written it off as impossible.

That,Lakeside Park and Anthem are doing it for me! Jacob's Ladder and 99% of Xanadu are helping...but the stuff from when I first discovered Rush is amazing! (I saw the whole 2112 on the T4E tour, and they did Working Man recently, so)

Lakeside Park is the big shocker for me. Still can't believe they went there.

They must have gone back and taken a fresh look at the song. They've always said that they play the songs they want to play. I don't think they play any song specifically to please the fans.

• Like 1

This is really a tour that is a gift to all the old Rush fans. They know this material has been unplayed for a long time. It's the fans from the early years that have been left out. The band seems to finally be willing to play these songs again and make those fans happy too. So what's not to like?

Breaking out "What You're Doing" made it for me. That's one I really wanted to hear live someday, but had written it off as impossible.

That,Lakeside Park and Anthem are doing it for me! Jacob's Ladder and 99% of Xanadu are helping...but the stuff from when I first discovered Rush is amazing! (I saw the whole 2112 on the T4E tour, and they did Working Man recently, so)

Yeah...I figured that if they pulled something from CoS, it would have been Bastille Day, since they did a little of it on R30...I'm blown away by this one, though!

They must have gone back and taken a fresh look at the song. They've always said that they play the songs they want to play. I don't think they play any song specifically to please the fans.

When in the last 30 years have they played anywhere near this amount of prog in one set? Never, which suggests they are trying to do just that, appease their long time loyal fans. They didn't come close to the recent set C in one set of R30.

• Like 1

When in the last 30 years have they played anywhere near this amount of prog in one set? Never, which suggests they are trying to do just that, appease their long time loyal fans. They didn't come close to the recent set C in one set of R30.

They've got more surprises on the way methinks...Superconductor anyone? It'll rock so hard

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

They've got more surprises on the way methinks...Superconductor anyone? It'll rock so hard

I'm Still hoping Cut to the Chase will rotate in for Animate at some point.

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

They've said that when they create a setlist, they go back through their entire catalogue. They take into account what they played last tour, and they do listen to the fans' demands (to a certain point).

They've also said that sometimes, they see certain songs differently as time goes by. Certain songs won't trip their trigger one year, but a few years later, they'll take quite a liking to those songs. They did this with By-Tor. They didn't want to play it at all for many years, but then they changed their minds, and they played it for more than one tour.

• Like 1

Yes, but In The End would make my day.
  • Like 1

Yes, but In The End would make my day.

Yeah I would also love to see the Crowd go nuts if they started The Encore with "The Necromancer"!

• Like 1

I'm beginning to see why a little bit of not knowing the complete setlist every night is exciting. Edited by Shemp

I'm beginning to see why a little bit of not knowing the complete setlist every night is exciting.

I never know what they're going to play. I stay clear of all spoilers.

And when I'm at the Show, the element of surprise is a humongous thrill.....!!

• Like 2