Member Title Suggestion Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

73, can you go in and capitalize that "u" in Dial-up? :)

He can do anything. I can certainly attest to that as much as I have bugged him... :)

But back to Len, he remembered everything about everyone here. We used to kid him that he kept personal files on the TRF members.

Something to do with the CIA or NSA or both would work nicely...

Can you edit an existing title?

I'm pretty sure Sheldon's been through like 3.

I'm not looking for a new one. I would never do that to whomever it was that gave me the title. To my way of thinking, it would be an insult and ungrateful.

But, the small "u" in Dial-up always bothered me because it seems to be it should be a "U".

You're right. Fixed.

• Like 1

I'm not looking for a new one. I would never do that to whomever it was that gave me the title. To my way of thinking, it would be an insult and ungrateful.

But, the small "u" in Dial-up always bothered me because it seems to be it should be a "U".

I always thought it was just one word, dialup.

Maybe it is, but then it would still be wrong in the title.

Are there any English grammar experts here?

I'm surely not an expert, but the correct notation is "dial-up" (says the dictionary).

• Like 2

You're right. Fixed.

:) Thank you. That looks lovely. :)

• Like 1

When I name a new person, quote my post with their name so there's no confusion. Even though we're doing this one person at a time, it will be easier for everyone to follow along.

Next up:

len(songs)

He's gone oh why oh why...

Explain that one.

Cus he disappeared a while back and hasn't been heard from since. Maybe he digs Hall & Oats too for all I know...

Yeah, not digging that one. He would have to be a big Hall & Oates fan, or he makes a habit of mentioning them. For instance, Bowl City's Bryan Adams title makes sense for him.

I always thought it was just one word, dialup.

Maybe it is, but then it would still be wrong in the title.

Are there any English grammar experts here?

I'm surely not an expert, but the correct notation is "dial-up" (says the dictionary).

You are right. It is. I checked it out too. Have a hug. :hug2:

• Like 1

When I name a new person, quote my post with their name so there's no confusion. Even though we're doing this one person at a time, it will be easier for everyone to follow along.

Next up:

len(songs)

Explain that one.

Cus he disappeared a while back and hasn't been heard from since. Maybe he digs Hall & Oats too for all I know...

Yeah, not digging that one. He would have to be a big Hall & Oates fan, or he makes a habit of mentioning them. For instance, Bowl City's Bryan Adams title makes sense for him.

I can only hope it won't make sense after a while. Gettin real tired of Cutler's shit!

You're right. Fixed.

:) Thank you. That looks lovely. :)

Sometimes, what looks better (or "sounds" better) is the way to go with these things, even if they're not "correct."

• Like 1

Next up:

len(songs)

Explain that one.

My apologies. I was joking mostly. I will give it a rest... :ph34r:

Next up:

len(songs)

Explain that one.

My apologies. I was joking mostly. I will give it a rest... :ph34r:

No need to apologize, you didn't do anything wrong.

Just viewing this thread I feel I should pay some admission like to a Hall of Fame or something.

:notworthy:

• Like 1

As fun as all this banter is, let's not stray too far off topic (that goes for me, too). The last candidate is a ways back on the previous page, and that makes it harder for people to catch up. :)

It's rather difficult for len. He's been gone a while. Didn't he spend a lot of time in TOST?

As fun as all this banter is, let's not stray too far off topic (that goes for me, too). The last candidate is a ways back on the previous page, and that makes it harder for people to catch up. :)

Len Songs is tough because he's been gone for quite a while. Needs to be something to do with statistics or keeping track of others likes and dislikes. Thinking.... Edited by Narps

It's rather difficult for len. He's been gone a while. Didn't he spend a lot of time in TOST?

Yes. He was racking up posts like it was going out of style...

We'd could call him TRF's Resident Archivist.

TRF's Invisible Historian