DISCUSS! Bands you like more than Rush...

Segue Myles

Soo...we all love Rush. But how many here love them more than any other band?

For me:

Lacuna Coil

Nightwish

Paradise Lost

Kansas (seventies only)

Fleetwood Mac

The only band that could potentially beat out Rush for me is Tool (and I'm sure they will surpass Rush once their new album comes out). Other than that there's not really any competition, but The Mars Volta and Magma come pretty close
  • Like 1

The only band that could potentially beat out Rush for me is Tool (and I'm sure they will surpass Rush once their new album comes out). Other than that there's not really any competition, but The Mars Volta and Magma come pretty close

Tool?

I forgot about them...I used to enjoy 10,000 Days a lot.

• Like 1

Zappa?

I need to give this man more of a chance.

I almost put Toto, but no, aside from Fahrenheit the best of Rush trumps all over Toto.

I'll sit this one out. It ought to be good.

:popcorn:

You said it... I'll have some :popcorn:
  • Like 2

Zappa?

I almost put Toto, but no, aside from Fahrenheit the best of Rush trumps all over Toto.

You might want to pack a lunch... :|
  • Like 1

I'll sit this one out. It ought to be good.

:popcorn:

You said it... I'll have some :popcorn:

Have a Pepsi. :d13:

Don't mind if I do. Gracias.... :d13:
  • Like 1

More than Rush? None.

As much as Rush: Led Zeppelin. No other bands have the discography to compete.

• Like 2

This sure beats the hell out of the sh*tty polls I have been producing... :popcorn:

Oops forgot... :d13:

• Like 1

Nope. Rush has been and remains at the top.

Close runners-up:

Iron Maiden

Foo Fighters

Other favorites:

Joe Bonamassa

Def Leppard

Led Zeppelin

Styx

Pink Floyd

Buddy Guy

Current addiction: Gary Clark Jr.

• Like 2

When i'm in a certain mood i can listen to just about anything other than rush, but over the decades i've gone through major phases starting with elo, queen, genesis/gabriel/collins, hawkwind, yes, radiohead, LIZZY, the doors, chilli peppers, u2. The beatles, dylan, the human league, the police, THE CURE, joy division, simple minds, tangerine dr.... f**k it the list goes on but i'll always be a total rush head Edited by lifeson90

Zappa?

A rather LARGE lunch at that!

Start with Joe's Garage, Sheik Yerbouti and Tinsletown Rebellion....those are probably the more accessible ones....But there are SOON to be 100 official releases on the books! (I think #100 is coming out NEXT month? but who knows with the way his widow does things)

Zappa?

Start with Joe's Garage, Sheik Yerbouti and Tinsletown Rebellion....those are probably the more accessible ones....But there are SOON to be 100 official releases on the books! (I think #100 is coming out NEXT month? but who knows with the way his widow does things)

my fav zappa's his mid-70s stuff. from apostrophe to zoot. fairly accessible with plenty of killer playing and a good balance between great music and zappa's overbearing and often annoying "satire." I should be nice, I think a lot of zappa's lyrics are pretty entertaining, but I also think some of his songs boil down to "everybody is stupid except me, frank zappa!"

• Like 2

Zappa?

my fav zappa's his mid-70s stuff. from apostrophe to zoot. fairly accessible with plenty of killer playing and a good balance between great music and zappa's overbearing and often annoying "satire." I should be nice, I think a lot of zappa's lyrics are pretty entertaining, but I also think some of his songs boil down to "everybody is stupid except me, frank zappa!"

Yeah...I really loved that early 70's stuff except for the Mark Volman/Howard Kaylan years to tell you the truth....I can only take so MUCH of their "schtick".... I think he knocked some sense into himself when he got knocked off the stage...But some of the stuff before it, and a lot of that stuff just after that was amazing! (I even liked the "big band" years) Wasn't a fan of the last few things when he went into Synclavier Hell!