You Choose III

Epics change synths something else

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Well? For the rest of your life you get 6 albums or 13. You can have Feedback too if you want and make it 14. Good luck :) (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Studio albums only as is customary. If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice (Babycat)..

1. Rush (the debut) thru Hemispheres (22 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Permanent Waves thru Clockwork Angels (26 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

The Dad Abides

• Members
  • 10259 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:08 PM

There was a similar poll yesterday. Why beat a dead horse.

Sponsored Post

#22 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27718 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostDigital Dad, on 04 May 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

There was a similar poll yesterday. Why beat a dead horse.
The last poll I started on Friday and let it run through the weekend. The 70's won out but it was pretty close. I took Permanent Waves and moved it to the "other team" if you will. I am just curious if that makes a difference to the alliance of folks around here and I have nothing better to do. If you feel it's beating a dead horse then that is your opinion which is fine. As I said I have nothing better to do and I feel these types of exercises are fun and informative. Just my opinion. I am pretty sure by this weekend we will have much more current and interesting things to discuss but for now this is it... :)

#23 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6451 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

We gonna wager where Mr. N's tipping point is? I think he is ready to sell Hemi with the 80s and later, as long as Kings and ATWAS can stick together. For me I need Hemispheres!

Curious if any the Synth fans would respond to my question in Your Choice II - Since we the old school fans have our outstanding classics, the essential Rush tunes that are inseparable from the love of Rush itself (LVS, 2112, Xanadu, Cygnus- to name only 4).  

What are the counterpart songs in the newer era that would make it better than the 70's? For those that dare to vote new era here, what makes it better?  Is a New Era Consensus possible? Subdivisions (selling out LVS for shopping malls :facepalm: ?)?  I bet your life, thats the only one that would be agreed to ;)

#24 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27718 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 04 May 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

We gonna wager where Mr. N's tipping point is? I think he is ready to sell Hemi with the 80s and later, as long as Kings and ATWAS can stick together. For me I need Hemispheres!

Curious if any the Synth fans would respond to my question in Your Choice II - Since we the old school fans have our outstanding classics, the essential Rush tunes that are inseparable from the love of Rush itself (LVS, 2112, Xanadu, Cygnus- to name only 4).  

What are the counterpart songs in the newer era that would make it better than the 70's? For those that dare to vote new era here, what makes it better?  Is a New Era Consensus possible? Subdivisions (selling out LVS for shopping malls :facepalm: ?)?  I bet your life, thats the only one that would be agreed to ;)
No. This is it. Hemispheres belongs right where it is with the rest of the greatness. How could I possibly split up AFTK and Hemispheres? I truly believe that Permanent Waves (Moving Pictures and Signals also but different stylistically) belongs with them too as far as greatness goes but it was a transitional album so I removed it last to see where folks allegiances truly lye. Just a fun experiment in my view and as I posted earlier I got nothing better to do. Appreciate your interest and participation btw... :cheers:

Edited by Narpsberg, 04 May 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#25 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:23 PM

Still taking the debut through Hemispheres.  It's an ache in my heart but I've got to do it.

#26 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 32225 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:27 PM

I surprised myself...I don't wanna lose cos, aftk or hems.

I can't. Not anymore.

#27 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27718 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 04 May 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

I can't. Not anymore.
*shocked*...

#28 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 32225 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 04 May 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

I can't. Not anymore.
*shocked*...

Tbf...AFTK is my fave...

#29 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27718 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:25 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 04 May 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostNarpsberg, on 04 May 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

I can't. Not anymore.
*shocked*...

Tbf...AFTK is my fave...
As it should be. Beautiful album...

#30 LedRush

LedRush

The Counterparts Remain The Same

• Members *
  • 24831 posts
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

CoS, 2112, and Hemispheres are my top 3 albums.  I'd be very sad to say good-bye to PeW, MP, T4E and CA, but I can't say good-bye to CoS-Hemispheres.

#31 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5533 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:12 PM

Going "new", the tipping point was Choose II for me.

#32 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27718 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

View PostLedRush, on 04 May 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

CoS, 2112, and Hemispheres are my top 3 albums.  I'd be very sad to say good-bye to PeW, MP, T4E and CA, but I can't say good-bye to CoS-Hemispheres.
Knew you couldn't. I couldn't possibly let my youth and favorite albums all time go...

#33 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69602 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:54 PM

This was the tipping point for me.   PeW + MP + 1/2 Signals + 1/2 p/g + Driven + Dreamline + CA > 2112 + Hemi + AFTK + FBN + Bastille Day + Working Man

By the slimmest of margins.   And I reserve the right to change my mind.   Frequently.

#34 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27718 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:08 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 04 May 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

This was the tipping point for me.   PeW + MP + 1/2 Signals + 1/2 p/g + Driven + Dreamline + CA > 2112 + Hemi + AFTK + FBN + Bastille Day + Working Man

By the slimmest of margins.   And I reserve the right to change my mind.   Frequently.
Yowza. A bit surprised by this but ok... :cheers:

#35 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6451 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:08 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 04 May 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

LABT, that vote may require handing in your screen name at the door ;)

How about laughedatwhenweareyoung?

laughingoutloudwithfearandhope ?

Reminds me of a Sparklehorse album.

Edited by Gabrielgil513, 04 May 2015 - 07:14 PM.

#36 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:26 PM

Even though LVS is probably my favorite overall Rush song, I voted for the later group.  Just more in there that I consistently listen to.  MP was actually the tipping point for me last poll.  Overplayed maybe, but I still enjoy it.  And once you add in PeW, it's a no brainer.

It's been interesting watching the results each round.  Surely once you flip Hemispheres to group 2, it'll win in a landslide, right?  ;)

#37 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27718 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

View PostTexMike, on 04 May 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

Even though LVS is probably my favorite overall Rush song, I voted for the later group.  Just more in there that I consistently listen to.  MP was actually the tipping point for me last poll.  Overplayed maybe, but I still enjoy it.  And once you add in PeW, it's a no brainer.

It's been interesting watching the results each round.  Surely once you flip Hemispheres to group 2, it'll win in a landslide, right?  ;)
Probably but that wasn't the intent of the exercise. Hemispheres is really the perect divide in my opinion. No need to go further... :)

#38 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

The Dad Abides

• Members
  • 10259 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:45 PM

Agree with that to a point. One could also argue that Signals is that point where old Rush truly dies and new Rush is born.

#39 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

If you're going to do a part IV, I'm going to have to pick the later albums. Once Hemispheres drops out it's no contest.

#40 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27718 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:46 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 04 May 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

If you're going to do a part IV, I'm going to have to pick the later albums. Once Hemispheres drops out it's no contest.
No part lV. Hemispheres is the perfect spot to divide this bands work over the years. The change began right after obviously and continued from there. Just between you and I, I would still go the way I have been anyway...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Epics, change, synths, something else

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users