Poltergeist Remake, oh man here we go again but "WHY??"

Del_Duio

:ranton:

I had no idea this was being made until I saw a commercial for it on TV yesterday.

So far the look... Well, it looks exactly like the last 8 or 10 "scary" movies they've put out recently, only now it has the nostalgia tag "Poltergeist" on it.

They even de-creepified THE FRIGGIN SCARY-ASS CLOWN!!

Everything's all CGI'd to death and shitty, it's terrible.

Get Rob Boutin up in here and show them how to do it right at least!

No more originality, another remake nobody asked for.

:rantoff:

• Like 2

It looks Horrible.

Here's a question. And REALLY think about it. Name a remake of a 1980's movie that was better than the original.

There is not one

It looks Horrible.

Here's a question. And REALLY think about it. Name a remake of a 1980's movie that was better than the original.

There is not one

I can't either. For example: the original Stepford Wives. I can't bear the remake.

Edit to add: I know that movie was 1975, but it was the first one I thought of.

Edited by Babycat

Just wait for Escape from New York.

And Escape From LA.

The 1st Escape from New York is classic because it takes place in the future. 1997

• Like 1

For those interested- The drama behind and Escape From New York remake...........zzzzzzzzzzzzz

n 2007, Scottish actor Gerard Butler was close to signing a deal where he would play Snake Plissken in a remake of Carpenter's film.[40] Neal Moritz was to produce and Ken Nolan was to write the screenplay which would combine an original story for Plissken with the story from the 1981 film, although Carpenter hinted that the film might be a prequel.[41]

New Line Cinema (one-time video distributor of the original) acquired the rights to the film from co-rights holder StudioCanal, who will control the European rights, and Carpenter, who will serve as an executive producer and said, "Snake is one of my fondest creations. Kurt Russell did an incredible job, and it would be fun to see someone else try."[42] Russell has commented on the remake and on the casting of Butler as Plissken, saying, "I will say that when I was told who was going to play Snake Plissken, my initial reaction was 'Oh, man!' [Russell winces]. I do think that character was quintessentially one thing. And that is, American."[43] Len Wiseman was attached to direct but he dropped out of the project; rumors then circulated that Brett Ratner would helm the film.[44] As Ratner did not formally commit to the project, the identity of the director became unclear. The studio brought Jonathan Mostow in to rewrite, with an option to direct. In addition, Gerard Butler bowed out of his role, claiming "creative differences".[45] Allan Loeb wrote a script for the New Line Cinema project.[46] Breck Eisner was then announced as the director of the remake, which was said to have scrapped the idea of a post-apocalyptic New York like the original, but rather would feature a New York that had been built after the bomb.[47] In November 2010, reports cited Jeremy Renner as being in talks to play Snake Plissken.[48] In July 2011, Deadline Hollywood reported that New Line and Warner Bros. had dropped the option to remake the film, allowing other studios to potentially option it.[49] On March 18, 2013, Joel Silver and his studio company Silver Pictures teamed with StudioCanal to reboot the film as a trilogy, starting with an origin story in a fashion similar to the way Rise of the Planet of the Apes restarted that franchise.[50] On February 10, 2014, Collider interviewed Silver about the film saying that the film's script is inspired by the video game Batman: Arkham City.[51] On August 28, 2014, Starlog reports that Charlie Hunnam, Jon Bernthal & Dan Stevens are the front runners for Snake but on September 1, 2014, Stevens has denied about the role.[52][53] On January 13, 2015, 20th Century Fox has won the bid for the film rights of the remake with Andrew Rona and Alex Heineman's The Picture Company will produce.[54]

Why? Because it's a safer bet than a "new" idea so easier to make, easier to raise money to make it.

Because they are never better than the original.

Box Office proves that.

Sadly most of these are made for overseas markets. They do better over there

It looks Horrible.

There is not one

Erm...I secretly love the Footloose remake more...

Just wait for Escape from New York.

And Escape From LA.

The 1st Escape from New York is classic because it takes place in the future. 1997

Why bother touching that movie--dick move!

It looks Horrible.

There is not one

Not one soul here is surprised by that SM...we expect that out of you!

• Like 1

Not eighties, but I prefer the Dawn Of The Dead remake...that scared me poopless.

The original just...eek...I thought the zombies looked ultra lame, with blue skin and bizarre blood (it looks like felt-tip ink mixed with cheese sauce!). Not really a fan of Romero though...and The Crazies remake was better too.

It looks Horrible.

There is not one

Not one soul here is surprised by that SM...we expect that out of you!

Ikr?! I do love my eighties cheese...I should have been a teen back then. But all the truly great 80's classics can not be remade. Nightmare On Elm Street, Robocop, Aliens, Terminator, Escape from..., Heathers...no one can ever top these will pointless remmakes.

The Footloose remake is the best because I would PHWOAR all day with Julianne Hough. :heart:

http://www.self.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/julianne-hough-03-hsss431.jpg

bd67726e8e927a5bdbf34bde8908c9c1.jpg

• Like 1

I dislike all these reboots just as much as anyone but I think I will check this one out because the original is one of my favorite movies ever so i'm interested in seeing what they do different. The original is untouchable and one of the creepiest movies i've ever seen. There was no PG13 rating back when the original came out, so seeing that movie as a little kid back then messed me up good. It really did scare the crap out of me.

They are getting so desperate nowadays they rebooted Spiderman ten years after they started it, and my goodness the new Terminators, Jurassic Parks (I sort of cannot wait for this), Star Wars, Star Treks, etc are making me queasy.

And Robocop was the most balless of all the remakes. Just...no...

Amen. Why?... :facepalm:

I couldn't sleep for a few nights when I saw the original in the theater! I was obsessed with it.

Typical HOLLYSHIT! Always trying to make a profit on a shitty remake. So lame and so cliche.

It's really sad. The horror genre has gone totally "FUGAZI!"

Love,

Marillion

Why? Because it's a safer bet than a "new" idea so easier to make, easier to raise money to make it.

Because they are never better than the original.

Box Office proves that.

Sadly most of these are made for overseas markets. They do better over there

I mean aside from The Thing (1982), is ANY remake better than the original?

I really can't think of any at all.

• Like 1

I dislike all these reboots just as much as anyone but I think I will check this one out because the original is one of my favorite movies ever so i'm interested in seeing what they do different. The original is untouchable and one of the creepiest movies i've ever seen. There was no PG13 rating back when the original came out, so seeing that movie as a little kid back then messed me up good. It really did scare the crap out of me.

I can't wait until the terrifying scene where the guy looks in the mirror and....

Pulls the CGI off his face. :facepalm: