Avengers: Age of Ultron

Lost In Xanadu

Surprising there isn't a thread about this...

Went to see it this weekend... if you liked the first one, I'm sure you'll like this one. Overall, I liked it quite a bit.

I'm always a fan of the humor thrown throughout the Marvel movies, and this was no different. My only complaint is Spader as the voice of Ultron - just seemed to miss the mark for me.

• Like 2

Haven't gone to see it yet. They've been keeping all the Marvel movies in my theater at home for over a month after they've been released so I'm planning on seeing it with the family after I jump back over the pond. Like all the previous ones, looks pretty good!
  • Like 1

The screenplay was brialliant and hit some notes not expected in a superhero flick. Humor of course was at a premium.

Very cool to see what I consider a seamless intergration of six characters, giving them space to develop even more, and still move the movie along. The safe house for example. Hawkeye's role opens up. I thought the little snippet of Thor stepping on the legos, quietly pushing them to the side, then dealing with the glare of Hawkeye's little girl was a nice touch. The movie was full of those touches

The Avenger's party was a highlight. The "hammer" contest was just hilarious. Did you capture the slight movement when Captain America tried to pick it up? What about the drinking with vets, and the trash talking between Thor and the geezers who were apart of the Omaha Beach invasion? Seems a million of those things occured in the film.

Spader was fine IMO.

The director is a savant with this stuff.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

The Avenger's party was a highlight. The "hammer" contest was just hilarious. Did you capture the slight movement when Captain America tried?

Spader was fine IMO.

yeah, and Thor looked worried. :LOL:

I thought Spader was fine too, just could have been better

• Like 1

The Avenger's party was a highlight. The "hammer" contest was just hilarious. Did you capture the slight movement when Captain America tried?

Spader was fine IMO.

yeah, and Thor looked worried. :LOL:

I thought Spader was fine too, just could have been better

I'm not familiar with the Ultron character at all, when I quit comics altogether he wasn't on the scene yet. The movie was my first exposure to him, so I had no expectations.

Also, Vision. I remember reading comics with that character. So smart to intergrate Jarvis with Vision.

I thought it was more of the same, but still entertaining. The introduction of Vision was a highlight. "By the way, here´s your hammer". Best scene!!!

I agree. In the comic books, he and the Scarlet Witch hook up right?

• Like 1

Surprising there isn't a thread about this...

Went to see it this weekend... if you liked the first one, I'm sure you'll like this one. Overall, I liked it quite a bit.

I'm always a fan of the humor thrown throughout the Marvel movies, and this was no different. My only complaint is Spader as the voice of Ultron - just seemed to miss the mark for me.

I was also surprised there wasn't a thread about this already, considering all the comic book fans this place has.

Glad to hear it was good, I'll be seeing this either today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

I thought it was more of the same, but still entertaining. The introduction of Vision was a highlight. "By the way, here´s your hammer". Best scene!!!

I agree. In the comic books, he and the Scarlet Witch hook up right?

Yeah, they do.

One thing I noticed from the film: Quicksilver and Scarlet With are of Eastern Europe descent, and yet choose to speak English with each other?!?!!?

• Like 1

One thing.... seeing it JUST came out... if you are posting details about the movie, please do not try to give too much away for those that have yet to see it.

Use the spoiler tags if you want, they're fun!

Wished Colson was in the movie, I like his character, and in Agents of Shield... they did a good job leading up to the movie in the series.

Still waiting for Galactus finally coming on the screen...

Imagine the mess after he does that? Loads of help will be needed cleaning that one up.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

Still waiting for the one and only Galactus finally coming on the screen...

Imagine the mess after he does that? Loads of help will be needed.

They might then call the Muppets for support

Still waiting for Galactus finally coming on the screen...

Imagine the mess after he does that? Loads of help will be needed cleaning that one up.

WAY too many squeegees

• Like 1

I thought Age Of Ultron was a very good film, but it didn't quite match the awesomeness of The Avengers.

Excellent sub-plots featuring Barton, Romanov and Banner. Romanov's story was gripping.

The psychotic personality of Ultron was smart and entertaining.

I think that they tried to cram a bit too much into the film, though. Casual fans will have to work hard to keep up.

I'm not a big fan of films starting off right in the middle of a huge action/battle scene. I like to ease into the initial action.

Not enough full-frontal nudity..... ;) :P

The debate of who is worthy of wielding Mjolnir was a HOOT!!

The technology and special effects were superb as usual.

Elizabeth Olsen was very good. She has a wonderfully seductive "evil smile"..... :LOL:

Samuel L. was his usual "bad-ass with a heart of gold" self.

It's Blu-ray worthy. I'll probably see it again this weekend. :haz: :haz:

• Like 1

Elizabeth Olsen has been one of my favorite young actresses for the past few years. She was awesome and acted circles around monotone man voice Johansson. Sorry, but her voice irritates me.

She's great in Martha Marcy May Marlene.

I got bored mid-way through hoping it would end sooner. I felt the same way with the previous Avengers film. Odd because I really enjoy Joss Whedon's Firefly/Serenity.

I got bored mid-way through hoping it would end sooner. I felt the same way with the previous Avengers film. Odd because I really enjoy Joss Whedon's Firefly/Serenity.

It was the opposite for me. I was wondering what cool stuff the director was going to show next. I'm really impressed with this work in terms of breadth. Lot's of interesting character development IMO. Hard to do with so many.

• Like 1

It was the opposite for me. I was wondering what cool stuff the director was going to show next. I'm really impressed with this work in terms of breadth. Lot's of interesting character development IMO. Hard to do with so many.

I think a lot of the "slow time" was definitely needed. It helped with the swing of the story. They're never going to be able to please everyone, but the box office shows just how many enjoyed it.

There was a similarity with the first one as far as story arcs go... both had them "in a dark place" before rallying at the end.

• Like 2

I think a lot of the "slow time" was definitely needed. It helped with the swing of the story. They're never going to be able to please everyone, but the box office shows just how many enjoyed it.

There was a similarity with the first one as far as story arcs go... both had them "in a dark place" before rallying at the end.

like the suckers we are we'll gladly take more of the same if it's of this quality.

• Like 1