My show opener prediction: Place your odds

2112 Overture / Temples

That was my first thought too. 2112 would be the perfect opener.

Or a major hit like TSOR, Limelight etc.

But with the tour book spoilers and both Neil and Alex hinting at a chronological order, it is probably going to be Clockwork Angels IMO.

I hope they "open" with the Three Blind Mice song. That'd be a nice nod to yesterday. Or actually, I'd lose my sh** if it was that Blue Jays song, "Nights, Winters, Years" that they used as an intro music from 75 to at least 79? It'd be nice if they did the stage intro "Ladies and gentlemen, will you please welcome from Toronto Canada, RUSH!"

As far as the actual opener song I can see the arguments for Headlong Flight. I guess we'll know soon enough!

• Like 2

I hope they "open" with the Three Blind Mice song. That'd be a nice nod to yesterday. Or actually, I'd lose my sh** if it was that Blue Jays song, "Nights, Winters, Years" that they used as an intro music from 75 to at least 79? It'd be nice if they did the stage intro "Ladies and gentlemen, will you please welcome from Toronto Canada, RUSH!"

As far as the actual opener song I can see the arguments for Headlong Flight. I guess we'll know soon enough!

Justin Hayward and John Lodge - That's a beautiful song. If you don't own the album, you ought to get it.

• Like 1

Justin Hayward and John Lodge - That's a beautiful song. If you don't own the album, you ought to get it.

I feel like I've heard the last ten seconds of that song so many times as the band crashes into Bastille Day or Anthem, it'll be interesting hearing it on its own. Sort of like hearing Stravinsky's finale from the Firebird Suite when it isn't followed by Yes playing Siberian Khatru. :)

I am buying the reverse album order thing. So a CA track makes sense. But the song has to be strong. If you gonna do new stuff off the top of the show you better bash 'em over the head with it. Headlong flight makes the cut on all accounts. For me, I think it's the best Rush song since the hiatus (and I like VT and S&A, both fine albums).

I will be checking to see the setlist tonite. I am into spoilers, they don't ruin the show for me. I saw two CA shows and knew they were going to do a lot of stuff from my least liked Rush albums. So what... it still rawked!

• Like 2

I am buying the reverse album order thing. So a CA track makes sense. But the song has to be strong. If you gonna do new stuff off the top of the show you better bash 'em over the head with it. Headlong flight makes the cut on all accounts. For me, I think it's the best Rush song since the hiatus (and I like VT and S&A, both fine albums).

I will be checking to see the setlist tonite. I am into spoilers, they don't ruin the show for me. I saw two CA shows and knew they were going to do a lot of stuff from my least liked Rush albums. So what... it still rawked!

I've been spoiling every tour for myself since Vapor Trails back in 2002, LOL...but as you said, it has never ruined the experience and awesomeness of the shows.

Cartman should show up and say "Hey, listen up Rush fans. You wanted the best you got the best, Kiss...Oh wait.....

RUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Then TSOR

• Like 1

First song: Headlong Flight - begin with last album, lyrics all about 'the great journey that was'. Selist is chronologically reversed. Encore ends with Working Man, end with first album, lyrics are the very essence of what Rush is all about. The "real" Time Machine Tour.

This isn't the first time I've read about a reverse chronological order set and it's a really great idea.

And.. And...

CHROMEY 2.0 is gonna' be there!!!!

I never thought I'd get so amped up to see Neil behind a double bass drum set again, wow this is exciting stuff I'm not even being half sarcastic!!

Well that *SPOILER ALERT*

Tour book was in reverse chronological order! Unless that's how they always are!

Edited by Pars123